• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony making new announcements at GDC

Loudninja

Games like GOW4, Littlebigplanet karting are pretty much certain at this point.

Not sure about Syphon Filter 4 or Sony Smash brothers or what ever its call.

prwxv3

They could do the MS way and rely on 3rd party. Move all of their studios to PSV/PS4 development

Sony tend to try to end their consoles with a bang. I guess the Last of Us is one of those games. God of War 4 could be one of those games too.

Huff

Banned
Sony tend to try to end their consoles with a bang. I guess the Last of Us is one of those games. God of War 4 could be one of those games too.

We usually know more about their line up for their next 6 - 8 months than we do now. Don't we?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I've heard Datura (Plastic/Santa Monica Studios Move game) will also be there in some form. That's one of the games I'm mostly curious about.

It would be nice if Sly Cooper 4 released on PS3 and Vita, with the Vita version having some really cool 'expert modes' added for extra challenge.

JJD

They could do the MS way and rely on 3rd party. Move all of their studios to PSV/PS4 development

As much as I love my PS3 I hope they do that. I need a lot a crazy exclusives to justify paying $800, $1000 dollars on a PS4 at launch...
I live in Brazil...

JWong

Banned
Twitter is just becoming ridiculously omnipresent.

All this hubbub about facebook and it's twitter that I'm amazed how important it's becoming.

Or how misleading and dangerous it can be.

On one hand, it helped to usurp a dictatorship.
On the other hand, it caused complete chaos and panic in a "Oh my god it's the 2nd Chernobyl!".

JJD

Also I hope we finally see that move horror game! Even Shuhei Yoshida said in a tweet that something was going on in regards to that game. Many people thought that The Last of Us announced was indeed this game.

Lingitiz

I think that they do have enough partners and internal studios to support both Vita, light PS3 development, and early PS4 launch titles. Vita has started pretty strongly with mostly the dedicated handheld teams like Bend. PS3 is having late life with Title Fight, Sly 4, Starhawk, LBPR, which are all from external teams. The second team at ND also allows for some flexibility. PS4 is probably being worked on by SSM (assuming RAD are making God of War 4), Hennig's team at ND, Sucker Punch, etc. I think the only surprise could be in SSM not transitioning to PS4, since God of War 3 came so late.

MS is in a bit of a different situation, they've dumped a ton of money in building first party for next gen but are able to coast off of third parties thanks to Kinect and COD while tossing in a big blockbuster like Halo 4 at the end of the year.

Murkas

I would like to hear new game announcements, for PS3 and Vita.

New, or at least series we haven't heard from in a while, Uncharted and God of War can take a break.

I will also accept Vita ports.

Didn't you guys hear? There's no PS4 announcement coming. I mean the thing is only JUST NOW hitting its stride, you assholes!

Anth0ny

"So we're not going to talk about the PS4 at GDC, right? That's for E3?"

"Correct. GDC will revolve around the Final Fantasy 7 remake for Vita."

venom2124

Interesting timing because I just filled out a survey for an unannounced ps3 sequel. It said the game would be a prequel to a popular franchise and they were testing names. I assume it's for God of War 4 because some of the names were From Ashes, Odyssey, Alpha, and Chaos Begins. Very God of War-centric subtitles. So it looks like we are getting a prequel for Kratos. Kind of strange because his past is pretty well covered.

patsu

It can't be PS4 announcement. Sony would want more attention focused on Vita and PS3 now. Probably PS Suite related news, and more Vita and PS3 development stuff.

Jacob4815

Interesting timing because I just filled out a survey for an unannounced ps3 sequel. It said the game would be a prequel to a popular franchise and they were testing names. I assume it's for God of War 4 because some of the names were From Ashes, Odyssey, Alpha, and Chaos Begins. Very God of War-centric subtitles. So it looks like we are getting a prequel for Kratos. Kind of strange because his past is pretty well covered.

Very interesting!

Maybe it's a prequel with Zeus as main character, at the time of the war against the Titans.
And the next cover of PSM France hints at the ligthnings..

That would be awesome if the entire game was as the first great battle in God of War 3!

rumeurinfamous3ps3.jpg

Kafel

Banned
I've heard something but I'm not saying anything

If this guy was a gaffer, he would be banned. But he gets a thread instead.

KageMaru

Maybe they'll reveal some games they showed at the destination playstation event.

Hopefully one of these announcements is QD's next game since they are showing off new tech next week.

DiscoJer

A large number of Minis developers have Vita devkits, so hopefully we will see a lot of those projects.

Frima has been teasing a Vita announcement.

I disagree. It's the media who forced their way in to GDC, and because they're there, the publishers use it for marketing stuff.
Articles on GDC confirm your statement but GDC this year is having a press briefing and No Keynote (because it was abused last year) where each of the presenters gives a 2+min synopsis/overview on what they are presenting. As such, I don't think a leak a week in advance of a press overview presentation is an issue.

1) Khronos OpenMAX 1.2 published Feb 2012 will impact some of the presentations.
2) Sony patent for a depth sensing camera published Feb 2012 also??
3) AR in another Khronos PDF is targeted for Sept 2012 with the Sony depth sensing camera giving more features to AR.
4) The WebGL standard has moved on from the 1.0 announced March last year at GDC...expect more on that at this years GDC.

Maybe Sony finally getting DASH IPTV DRM support for the PSN rather than having movies downloaded. Timetables finally announced for PS3 and Vita???

patsu said:
It can't be PS4 announcement. Sony would want more attention focused on Vita and PS3 now. Probably PS Suite related news, and more Vita and PS3 development stuff.
Agreed but next gen Xbox news might have with it information that also applies to next gen Sony. If for instance Xbox is using IBM 3D stacking (2013) and Sony is 6 months or more behind Xbox then as several Sony employee posts would imply, Sony will be confirmed using IBM 3D stacking rather than 2.5D. Performance figures for next gen Xbox might be announced and we can then get an idea of what the MIN for Sony might be. Lots of speculation will be resolved.

Pai Pai Master said:
We also need to start getting an idea of what PS3 is going to look like at the end of 2012 and going into 2013.
Now that we have a webkit browser and it's using the same native support libraries Vita uses, we indeed might get an idea of what the PS3 might look like later this year.

Top Bottom