• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: No Man’s Sky “treated like a first-party release”

Hahs

Very appropriate. There's something about No Man's Sky that just draws them in. Really seems to rub some people up the wrong way.
Reminds of people who don't get math...the lack of information can lead to an inability to comprehend the big picture, and that pisses some folks off. NMS is an easy target for this behavior because they've only showed ambition with no clue on missions.

Skyzard

Banned
Not even the developers can predict that, there is nothing scripted or even following rules in this game, as I learned in this thread, it will be a surprise for everybody.
you unlock Mario Galaxy

So... nothing?

I'm all open to having places to explore that look interesting. I was big on Pokemon Snap back then. But you need interactivity too and I'm not sure this has enough yet. Elite Dangerous with all its interaction drops quick without more exploration (that it doesn't really have in a justifiable way atm) but I think the same can be said of reverse situations.

You need some rules for things to follow in interactive situations otherwise you get a buggy disappointing mess.

The guy delivers info about his game in a special way, sure.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So... nothing?

I'm all open to having places to explore that look interesting. I was big on Pokemon Snap back then. But you need interactivity too and I'm not sure this has enough yet. Elite Dangerous with all its interaction drops quick without more exploration (that it doesn't really have in a justifiable way atm) but I think the same can be said of reverse situations.

You need some rules for things to follow in interactive situations otherwise you get a buggy disappointing mess.

Neah, it's just a joke of mine, related to the explanation about how AI supposed to work in a non-AI way.

So... nothing?

You can do whatever you want though. Trade, bounty hunt, kill all the wildlife etc.

Canucked

People brought knives to this thread. Wow.

No Mans serious business. The game is one of the most intriguing of the year. Highlighting a really great premise that isn't a 60 dollar title is awesome.

Skyzard

Banned
^ Shahid likes to be excited about things.

You can do whatever you want though. Trade, bounty hunt, kill all the wildlife etc.

In that case if the combat (space and on land I guess) is decent then it's much more of a full package than Elite Dangerous (which has great space combat and vehicle related stuff, and exploration that works only on the surface (but not :p)).

Trading and bounty hunting (and pirating) is basically all you do in Elite Dangerous, I mean you can mine...you can probably pick up plants in this right or maybe even mine some rocks with ships who knows. But if you could explore really well made worlds to land on too, then that's something. It's planned for ED (which focuses a lot on combat and trading) and I think they're going to charge for it but I'd be surprised if it comes close to what they showed with this.

That's promising, hopefully it's fun as well. Should be a special title although I can see it still having the same issues as ED about "what do you actually do" for some people, but if they can get flying and shooting in space right as well as some ground hunting stuff, maybe some races or ai stuff...that'd be pretty tempting depending on how well it's done.

Might sell systems really although the lack of mp is going to affect things - they mention they'll be putting people as far away as possible meaning it's mostly with AI. I assume you can still match up with friends... so it would be okay also depending on how well the AI is done.

I wonder if everyone reaches the center of the universe there will be more people there and it will be the same universe being shared in instances or something. So you play in your own mostly for a while and then get closer and closer to mp? Something's going on. Seems interesting enough anyway.

Maggots

Banned
Which is why it's taking so long to release...

1801096-badum_tish_super.jpg

iNvid02

Or maybe it's really exclusive now, not timed.

we know the lengths sunny computer entertainment have already gone to...

Boyes: "we have nothing, FUCKING NOTHING. there are literally no games coming out for PS4."

shu: "stop it adam you're making me nervous. oh god. what about no mans?"

boyes: "but it's not first party shu, Murray and his gang recoiled at our advances. Jesus wtf are we gonna do"

House: "we make it so they can't refuse our help. We'll be there for them in their time of need, and no mans sky will basically become a first party title"

Boyes: "you're a genius andrew, fuck me I thought it was game over for a second."

House: "shu pack your bags you're going to England"

*breaking: hellogames offices were flooded today destroying all computer equipment at the Guildford based developer*

i just didnt think they would get physical.

shu: "sean, please tell me the platforms no mans sky is releasing on?"

sean: "PS4..windows and umm...uh XB1 eventually"

*BASH* *THUMP*

shahid: "take it easy shu"

shu: "i will ask you again mr murray. what platforms is no mans sky releasing on?"

sean: "you cant do this. we had an agreement. PS4, PC and XB1 afterwards"

*BOOF* *WALLOP*

boyes: "jesus shu you're killing him"

shu: "last time sean, the platforms no mans sky is coming to?"

sean: "you bastards, you cant do this. .....PS4 and uh.. um windows. thats it.. thats it. alright"

shu: thats right mr murray, PS4 and windows"

If they're treating it like a first party game get up on dat photomode. Game needs it.

I can't wait to see how creative people get with their streams of NMS gameplay.

Top Bottom