• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony : Paris Games Week press conference dated

Mikey Jr.

I think Naughty Dog will show off UC4 multiplayer here.

I was thinking PSX at the time, but UC4 happens during PSX, so its kinda worthless.

The release date would be announced soon, not the game itself.

And come on, for a game as big as this to not have a release date at this point in the year is pretty telling that it's not releasing in 2015. You can't believe everything a developer tells you. It's not releasing this year.

Sorry bro but you saying it's not releasing this year doesn't stand up to them saying it does. They're the devs, you're not. Sean has said specifically '2015' on multiple occasions, granted not recently, but he's also been cagey with actual information about the game itself save a few recent gameplay demos. And by the way, I'm not saying that it WILL release in 2015, only that we have no reason to believe anything else, at this point in time.

I think a God of War reveal would be to soon, even for PSX.

I guess the biggie will be GT7 at PSX.

If the release window for God of War 4 is Q1 2017, then they can announce it at PSX, show a gameplay video and the exact release date at E3 2016. Also, they could show more than one big game at PSX, like they did at this year's E3.

Liamc723

Sorry bro but you saying it's not releasing this year doesn't stand up to them saying it does. They're the devs, you're not. Sean has said specifically '2015' on multiple occasions, granted not recently, but he's also been cagey with actual information about the game itself save a few recent gameplay demos. And by the way, I'm not saying that it WILL release in 2015, only that we have no reason to believe anything else, at this point in time.

Atlus were saying the exact same things, and now look at Persona 5.

You're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

So Yoshida will be there. Question is if he will be on stage to make an announcement. He has been dropping the big announcements on stage lately like bloodborne and horizon. Safe bet is the next quantic dream title though I would be thrilled if it were something else.

I think GoW4 won't be showed at PGW, even at PSX I bet they only show a short trailer. E3 2016 is big event for gameplay showcase. People gonna pay attention to biggest game at PSX: FFVIIR

So Yoshida will be there. Question is if he will be on stage to make an announcement. He has been dropping the big announcements on stage lately like bloodborne and horizon. Safe bet is the next quantic dream title though I would be thrilled if it were something else.

Maybe it's Level-5's new game, but I don't think it's PGW material, it's more like TGS material.

Atlus were saying the exact same things, and now look at Persona 5.

You're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

I can't handle not playing it until next year. If it's delayed that's cool, better off making it right the first time. I will say it's one of my most anticipated games to see at PGW, that and Dreams. Can't wait to find out more about both.

Not really. It's been in development since late 2013.
So, that would be 2 years and a few months up to the announcement and then all of 2016 on top of that. 3 years and a few months sounds good.

Of course, I fully expect God of War to be set for late 2016 only to be delayed to around early 2017. :p Sucker Punch's new game should be coming around that time to.

That is surprising to hear. I thought they're developing a new God of War since 2014.

I still think, don't announce games that are further away than a year. Bloodborne was perfect and so is Fallout 4.
Unless they announce it for holiday 2016. That would roughly be a year from the announcement at PSX.

Dinjooh

Does anyone know when these conference topics are allowed to go live?

I'm assuming it's an hour before it starts, but not totally sure.

Conduit

Banned
It's not a competition to me, I don't really care what Xbox released in what quarter here or there. I'm primarily concerned with the present and what I will be playing and enjoying for the next three months.

This is a really odd statement. You don't care what PS4 released in what quarter. So, you shouldn't care about this quarter also and in the next few months.

My point was that I hope what they announce at the upcoming conferences inspires confidence for their lineup in 2016 because 2015 was shite.

But keep taking it as a personal affront.

IMO, dude, IMO! Good? IMO, 2015 was awesome, bunch of games to play ( especially for PS4 only ). Your problem if you don't like these types of games.

foxbeldin

For all the people confused about the conference time, don't forget that France is now on 'winter time' while US changes next week.

I had trouble getting it right but the countdown in op is good.

t1445964300z0.png

I dunno. Horizon is their big holiday title with TLG and Dreams on the side. Also if PD isn't shitting us then GT7 is next year too. I don't see GoW in 2016.
Agreed. GoW will be spring 2017. Haven't all the God of War games come out around that time?

I just figure Sony will have it set for holiday 2016 and delay it to spring.

DieH@rd

Banned
So, that would be 2 years and a few months up to the announcement and then all of 2016 on top of that. 3 years and a few months sounds good.

Of course, I fully expect God of War to be set for late 2016 only to be delayed to around early 2017. :p Sucker Punch's new game should be coming around that time to.

So according to you, Sucker Punch can create a urban superhero open world game in 3 years, but SSM needs 4 years for a linear character action game?

So according to you, Sucker Punch can create a urban superhero open world game in 3 years, but SSM needs 4 years for a linear character action game?
That wouldn't be four years if what Shinobi said is accurate. A late 2017 release would be four years. An early 2017 launch would be 3 years and some change. I am mostly going off the fact that every GoW game has launched around March and 2016 is pretty packed as is for Sony.

FelipeMGM

That is surprising to hear. I thought they're developing a new God of War since 2014.

I still think, don't announce games that are further away than a year. Bloodborne was perfect and so is Fallout 4.

Not very surprising since Barlog came back to SMS around july-august 2013.

One thing I wonder is if Santa Monica might have another project by the hands of Nathan Gary. Show us some
more
light Shinobi!

My guess is GoW is a Spring 2017 game so it might be too early to expect anything, but maybe they release it Fall 2016 instead. I kind of figured Horizon for that spot though.

THE:MILKMAN

2016 for Sony just looks silly at the minute. A number of games are going to get bumped again I think.

Witness- Jan
UC4 March
PSVR+games+marketing push
TLG
Horizon
GT7
Dreams?
QD's game?

I'm sure I'm missing stuff......

Elfstruck

2016 for Sony just looks silly at the minute. A number of games are going to get bumped again I think.

Witness- Jan
UC4 March
TLG
Horizon
GT7
Dreams?
QD's game?

GT7, Horizon and TLG for holiday. Dreams for summer and QD= September.

Witness- Jan
UC4 March
TLG
Horizon
GT7
Dreams?
QD's game?

DQXI, DQ Builders, FFXV, World of FF, Street Fighter 5, Rime, No Mans Sky, Ratchet and Clank, etc.

Can't wait to see more WiLD hope that rumor is true

RK128

For 2016 Exclusive Releases, I feel this will happen:

January: Witness
Febuary: Gravity Rush Remastered (US/EU), Day of the Tentacle Remastered
March: Uncharted 4
April: Street Fighter 5, Ratchet & Clank Neptuina Victory II
May: Rime, HD Remaster (God of War Assention with God of War 4 Beta?)
June: Dragon Quest Builders, Heavy Ran & Beyond Two Souls Remastered
July: Dreams (Beta or Retail Release), HD Remaster (Puppeteer maybe?)
August: GT7 Beta, No Mans Sky
September: Dragon Quest Heroes 2, QD's New IP, Gravity Rush 2
October: FFXV, Last Guardian
November: Neir 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Dreams (Retail Release)
December: GT7 (Retail Release), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD, Dragon Quest XI Western Release (or pushed to Jan/Feb of 2017)

Top Bottom