• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

Turkoop

Banned
Verendus, just one simple question, why is R* so quiet in the last few years.
Why not attendance at big events, could we expect one at PGW or PSX ?
PLSSSSSSSSSSSS YES

Verendus, my friend, I have a question for you. I hope it's not too specific for you too answer. Is there any sort of successor for PS All-Stars planned? Whether it's a direct sequel or just something in the same vein of bringing together a bunch of PlayStation IP,s it's something I think Sony can really capitalize on if they don't shit the bed with it like the first (which I think was almost entirely their fault as publisher, not SuperBot as dev). Am I dreaming for too much for another game?

Verendus, just one simple question, why is R* so quiet in the last few years.
Why not attendance at big events, could we expect one at PGW or PSX ?
PLSSSSSSSSSSSS YES
Lockstarter

Turkoop

Banned
Verendus, my friend, I have a question for you. I hope it's not too specific for you too answer. Is there any sort of successor for PS All-Stars planned? Whether it's a direct sequel or just something in the same vein of bringing together a bunch of PlayStation IP,s it's something I think Sony can really capitalize on if they don't shit the bed with it like the first (which I think was almost entirely their fault as publisher, not SuperBot as dev). Am I dreaming for too much for another game?

Lockstarter

i know mate.. i know..

Tratorn

Final fantasy 7 Remake says Hi
Dragon Quest 11 says Hi
The Last Guardian says Hi

"Amazing" leaks... :p
It's not like anyone could've guessed TLG is on PS4 (just like 95% of all people thought that already) or that millions of different people talked about a FF7R every year. ;)
Everyone knew that would happen in the future. In fact, iirc he even said they'd talk about that in a few years, but now they did already at this yeas E3. Of course this will be explained by a simple "plans can change...".
Dragon Quest 11 was not a specific prediction from him, just "dragon quest will return" if I remember correct. And even if, after all the hints in the last 1-2 years about a strong japan support for PS4, that wasn't a really "bold" prediction.
That's on the same level like a "Demon's Souls"-leak. Shu absolutely loved Demon's and Dark Souls and he said it was a big mistake to not support DS more. So another game from them was easily predictable and a good grab for a "leak" list.

But I never said he doesn't know anything, just much less than he's pretending to. Maybe he loves the attention (and he gets a lot of it, even now with this post :p).

I'm not interested in trying to find all of his already false "leaks", just some examples:

PD print money. They are the Emperor of SCE developers. Expect PS4 GT between the latter half of next year and March 2015. They'll show up earlier this time.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=65162306&postcount=335

Let me guess: "Plans can change..."

'Unannounced JRPG 2' will be SCE's second attempt at a big game emulating FF. If this comes to fruition, and is successful, then there is a franchise opportunity which can be exploited. Probably the most experimental project as if it bombs, then they'll never touch anything like it again. I don't think it will though. With the advent of FF15, KH3, and the announcement of FF16 sometime between 2014-2015, Japan gamers will be ready for this. The big question mark is whether they can translate some of that success to the West which will obviously be an aim.

So at this moment we're still hoping FF15 will meet its 2016 goal - not any word about FF16 was given yet even when it seemingly was almost ready for a 2014 reveal? Will he receive credits for this FF16 leak too, when it get's revealed in 2016-2018?

A non-KH3 Kingdom Hearts game for the PS4 in 2014 (I will have some form of confirmation on this soon)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=71100706&postcount=459

This was probably just delayed two years to 2016 I guess? And I remember a post (maybe I should've saved some posts, then I would not have to search for them now...) where he hinted this would be KH 1.5 and/or 2.5, but I can't find it right now. And we all thought this would be the case, so it was a good idea to put it in a "I know stuff" list. But like I said, I don't have a link for that statement, so I won't say that he was really hinting at this.

The other things of these posts hasn't happened yet or are nothing noteworthy. There're more posts of him of course, but I won't search for them now. Including posts with a list of genres that'll occur in the future. These are really the worst leak posts...

Generally, here're three things to think about:

1) Shu and Adam already said they don't know much about 1st-party (Adam) and 3rd-party projects (Shu). For example Adam didn't know about the showing of TLG, while Shu was surprised by FF7R. He didn't even know smaller things he's interested in like Towerfall. How could Verendus know so much about secret 1st and 3rd party projects when he isn't House himself?

2) If he really knew all this stuff, why would he still have an active neogaf account? Sony of course would've do everything to let him get banned. Wouldn't be hard to find someone who knows so many projects and really leaks something like a FF7R or something like that.

3) Why is he so specific with things that're just showing up in several years and tell's practically nothing about nearer projects except something like "nice artstyle, nice genre, people will love it"

So here's a deal:
Since he seems to know stuff about multiple projects that'll be revealed in 2 or more years, then he should easily know something like a name/subtitle (or anything like that noone ever heared before) that will appear in the next year. Nothing else, he does not even have to say who is developing it, just a name like "New Game: Game of Forever" that will be dropped in the next year/"near" future. If he can do it, I'll gladly eat any crow you guys will serve me. But for now I'm saying: Better listen to shinobi for more specific leaks or to DemonNite if you just want to get hyped for events through subtile hints. Sadly DemonNite does not show up often anymore, but well.

Damn, this is much longer than I wanted it to be. But I won't write more now about this since I know he has a lot of fans and I don't have the time to read and answer any "hate" posts. ;-)

If your going to write a bunch of shit and bail to avoid getting refuted, don't shit post in the first place, thanks. Save everyone the trouble of scrolling, especially on mobile.

Elfstruck

It's not like anyone could've guessed TLG is on PS4 (just like 95% of all people thought that already) or that millions of different people talked about a FF7R every year. ;)
Everyone knew that would happen in the future. In fact, iirc he even said they'd talk about that in a few years, but now they did already at this yeas E3. Of course this will be explained by a simple "plans can change...".
Dragon Quest 11 was not a specific prediction from him, just "dragon quest will return" if I remember correct. And even if, after all the hints in the last 1-2 years about a strong japan support for PS4, that wasn't a really "bold" prediction.
That's on the same level like a "Demon's Souls"-leak. Shu absolutely loved Demon's and Dark Souls and he said it was a big mistake to not support DS more. So another game from them was easily predictable and a good grab for a "leak" list.

But I never said he doesn't know anything, just much less than he's pretending to. Maybe he loves the attention (and he gets a lot of it, even now with this post :p).

I'm not interested in trying to find all of his already false "leaks", just some examples:

Let me guess: "Plans can change..."

So at this moment we're still hoping FF15 will meet its 2016 goal - not any word about FF16 was given yet even when it seemingly was almost ready for a 2014 reveal? Will he receive credits for this FF16 leak too, when it get's revealed in 2016-2018?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=71100706&postcount=459

This was probably just delayed two years to 2016 I guess? And I remember a post (maybe I should've saved some posts, then I would not have to search for them now...) where he hinted this would be KH 1.5 and/or 2.5, but I can't find it right now. And we all thought this would be the case, so it was a good idea to put it in a "I know stuff" list. But like I said, I don't have a link for that statement, so I won't say that he was really hinting at this.

The other things of these posts hasn't happened yet or are nothing noteworthy. There're more posts of him of course, but I won't search for them now. Including posts with a list of genres that'll occur in the future. These are really the worst leak posts...

Generally, here're three things to think about:

1) Shu and Adam already said they don't know much about 1st-party (Adam) and 3rd-party projects (Shu). For example Adam didn't know about the showing of TLG, while Shu was surprised by FF7R. He didn't even know smaller things he's interested in like Towerfall. How could Verendus know so much about secret 1st and 3rd party projects when he isn't House himself?

2) If he really knew all this stuff, why would he still have an active neogaf account? Sony of course would've do everything to let him get banned. Wouldn't be hard to find someone who knows so many projects and really leaks something like a FF7R or something like that.

3) Why is he so specific with things that're just showing up in several years and tell's practically nothing about nearer projects except something like "nice artstyle, nice genre, people will love it"

So here's a deal:
Since he seems to know stuff about multiple projects that'll be revealed in 2 or more years, then he should easily know something like a name/subtitle (or anything like that noone ever heared before) that will appear in the next year. Nothing else, he does not even have to say who is developing it, just a name like "New Game: Game of Forever" that will be dropped in the next year/"near" future. If he can do it, I'll gladly eat any crow you guys will serve me. But for now I'm saying: Better listen to shinobi for more specific leaks or to DemonNite if you just want to get hyped for events through subtile hints. Sadly DemonNite does not show up often anymore, but well.

Damn, this is much longer than I wanted it to be. But I won't write more now about this since I know he has a lot of fans and I don't have the time to read and answer any "hate" posts. ;-)

If he is Andrew House, do you think Sony would have banned him? lol

200.gif

Jeez dude, did Verendus piss on your barbecue or something? I mean you're legitimately clutching at some straws here...it's easy to say in hindsight "oh well X or Y were predicting that so it was hit or miss etc" but he's been dead on with his info. Jealous of all the attention he's getting or what? It's not about hate posts, it's the fact your post is full of crap, misinformation, half truths and you're being disingenuous. It makes your point facile. That, and the fact you're post is just shit stirring, particularly as you mentioned so.

Shabad

Although I kinda agree with you about not being too trustworthy of someone who actually never made a bold and accurate prediction that turned out to be true, those two points are actually quite easy to understand.

The very reason he still has a Neogaf account, and can act pretty freely, would be because he indeed never is specific. Just teasing the existence of a few long term projects isn't going to harm or annoy Sony - much less than what happened to Microsoft last year for example. On the contrary even.

But yeah, most of what he says is either common sense, or so far away that the project could realistically be panned before ever being revealed to the public. Although, if that Japan Studio big J-RPG turns out to be true - and let's be honest here, this is indeed a very bold prediction given their AA output in recent years - he will definitely be redeemed as a trustworthy insider. In the meantime, what he says just simply make sense.

Although I kinda agree with you about not being too trustworthy of someone who actually never made a bold and accurate prediction that turned out to be true, those two points are actually quite easy to understand.

The very reason he still has a Neogaf account, and can act pretty freely, would be because he indeed never is specific. Just teasing the existence of a few long term projects isn't going to harm or annoy Sony - much less than what happened to Microsoft last year for example. On the contrary even.

But yeah, most of what he says is either common sense, or so far away that the project could realistically be panned before ever being revealed to the public. Although, if that Japan Studio big J-RPG turns out to be true - and let's be honest here, this is indeed a very bold prediction given their AA output in recent years - he will definitely be redeemed as a trustworthy insider. In the meantime, what he says just simply make sense.

Ok what about Horizon's new IP that he teased back in 2013, as well MM's experimental game, FF spin off and KH spin off etc. He's still bang on many other things, and not giving him credit for that comes across as disingenuous IMO. It's easy to say in hindsight that "oh well you could easily make a prediction about that" or "it was bound to happen" etc.

the problem is that the doubter are picking out the 2-3 announcements that didn't turn out to be true, but on the other hand ignore the remaining 95% that turned out to be true

just one thing - he said Nomura is going to be the director of the ff7 remake and kitase the producer.....yeah im sure that was so obvious (especially after nomura lost his directors position on FF 15)

the only thing verendus is bad about is referencing timelines, or was rather

but that makes sense because delays have happened especially in the context of the current industry it is more and more public and common, just last week star fox was delayed, hitman was announced to be delayed just today

this is kinda shit though, it has been said time and time again that fromsoftware would've been better off doing multiplatform games. it's not really a whoa easy one guys anyone could've guessed just cause shu LOVEs a game that he can just magically work out a deal with fromsoftware to make more games with them after not publishing their previous endeavor. I mean you could guess that but that sounds far-fetched

Toro

Banned
No, they're the same studio, under the same management, & both have the same twitter account.
smh... Yes, they are a sister studio of Guerrilla. Yes, they are under GG's umbrella. Yes, Guerrilla Games bosses are their bosses. Still, it's a seperate studio, in an different building, in a different country. They are not a team inside the GG building. Even their name is still different (Guerrilla Cambridge). Therefore, it's okay to list them here separately. Got it?

They will forever be Cambridge Studio for me

the only thing verendus is bad about is referencing timelines
Yeah... the same issue Tidux has.

Moosichu

Yeah, but he hinted at its project name (Project Beast), gameplay features and settings in earlier posts. He didn't just say that FS were working on a PS exclusive.

If I was in Shu's position, or organizing things, I'd go Gran Turismo around PGW, Benders at PSX, and leave "GOW" for E3 next year. Throw in one or two smaller titles at PGW and PSX, and it's a strong way to close off the year in terms of announcements. Third party titles, and partnerships can carry the rest easily. For selfish reasons, I'd want GT at PSX instead, but that's besides the point.

Yes please, also that means a 2016 release correct? :D

Shabad

Ok what about Horizon's new IP that he teased back in 2013, as well MM's experimental game, FF spin off and KH spin off etc. He's still bang on many other things, and not giving him credit for that comes across as disingenuous IMO. It's easy to say in hindsight that "oh well you could easily make a prediction about that" or "it was bound to happen" etc.

Afaik, we had a leak of Horizon art, and even Guerilla claiming they were working on a new licence on some keynote presentation. MM have been doing experimental games since they were created. And we get much more FF and KH spin off than numbered releases.

As far as I know (and that's an important point, because I haven't read all his posts, far from it), he never made a bold and accurate prediction. And that's actually what I like about him, he is the good kind of insider, teasing shit and making us all excited, without ruining the surprise of the actual announcements.

Anyway, I don't doubt Verendus, as I actually find that a lot of what he says make a lot of sense, and often meets my own expectation of what's going on at SCE. The one thing that would blow my mind though is that home cooked J-RPG. If it weren't for him, I never would have considered that possible, and if that turns out to be true... Well I will be super happy for one, but I will also consider Verendus future post with extra attention ^^

how about chaning the topic......

Since the Sly Movie is coming out next year, i wonder if we'll also get a game for that (like ratchet and clank)

i sure hope so

Mifune

Mehmber
I think Occam's razor needs to be applied here.

Is it more likely that Verendus wove a tangled web of fabrications that mostly turned out to be true/were worded in such a way that they appeared to be true?

Or that he simply knows some shit that he teases from time to time?

Since the Sly Movie is coming out next year, i wonder if we'll also get a game for that (like ratchet and clank)

i sure hope so

it will probably be pushed back to make room for ratchet consequentially the game (I mean why make a movie of a video game without a game to accompany it?) as well

vypek

i sure hope so

I like this Sony strategy of a game and a movie with their properties. It just seems like it will work well. I think even if you dont know the series, kids will want to go see a Ratchet movie or Sly movie. I expect the Sly movie will be pushed back to distance itself from R&C though. I hope it is accompanied by a game.

Tratorn

If he is Andrew House, do you think Sony would have banned him? lol

So do you really think he is House? :p

Jealous of all the attention he's getting or what?

Yes, of course... That's why I was saying people should better pay attention to some other leakers, because I can't stand it when an anonymous person in the internet is getting intention...

Thanks for the first "normal" post. Yes, I also think that could be a reason. But some more unusual things are really on point - even telling the IP names like Xenosaga - they were just not revealed yet. And a real leak of a FF7R would've been bad for Sony too. But I get your point.

It was already known since 2012 that GG was working on a new IP. And "an experimental game" from MM is nothing leak worthy it'd have been if it was a FPS or something like that. ;) Same with FF Spin off (you thought the PS4 wouldn't get one?) or a KH one (this wasn't even right when looking at the source of my last post). That's exactly my point, his "leaks" that are coming true are mostly nothing special. There are still many things open that're more unlikely/uncommon like "Xenosaga HD Collection" or a second L5 game, but since they're not revealed yet, we can just wait and see.

Yeah, but he hinted at its project name (Project Beast), gameplay features and settings in earlier posts. He didn't just say that FS were working on a PS exclusive.

I'd like too see the project beast hints. I know it was DemonNite who did that in many of his posts for several months.

just one thing - he said Nomura is going to be the director of the ff7 remake and kitase the producer.....yeah im sure that was so obvious (especially after nomura lost his directors position on FF 15)

Another thing I'd like too see. That'd be also a more noteworthy leak then. But I didn't read that from him myself.

Can the haters go away please?

Kindly stop disrupting the hype.

I guess you mean me as a "hater", so you're lucky: I'm really gone now. :p
I'm not here to disrupt any kind of hype, it's just that imo too many people are using "verendus said...." in their posts and take it as a fact then. That's the only reason I made my post. I don't have anything against the person behind the Verendus account, why should I, I don't know him in real life. Just using him as a source the whole time even when he was already wrong, that's what I dislike. And I know the people won't stop with that, even when I write more posts. But this is a forum, so I just post my opinion as anyone else.

At the people answering with gifs: Please grow up...

Verendus has hinted at, all off the top of my head, in some way shape or form at:

- Street Fighter V
- Dragon Quest 11
- Level 5 game before they confirmed it IIRC
- A koei exclusive which I'm guessing turned out to be Ni-oh
- Persona 5 on PS4

That's just what I can rememeber. Your assertions are baseless and stuff like this isn't simple predictions. The fact that you think so makes you look crazy.

Referring to tratron of course.

Loris146

Verendus has hinted at, all off the top of my head, in some way shape or form at:

- Street Fighter V
- Dragon Quest 11
- Level 5 game before they confirmed it IIRC
- A koei exclusive which I'm guessing turned out to be Ni-oh
- Persona 5 on PS4

That's just what I can rememeber. Your assertions are baseless and stuff like this isn't simple predictions. The fact that you think so makes you look crazy.

He also hinted at Dissidia from Square.

eFKac

I think that Verendus is legit and knows his stuff/knows someone but he's been wrong before and often is wrong about release windows, sometimes wildly.

It's funny that tratron (sorry if I misspeled your name) has actually provided quotes of Verendus supporting his claim but gets shitted on by guys which "I remember" is all they have. Maybe some quotes to see how specific and accurate he was?

I think that Verendus is legit and knows his stuff/knows someone but he's been wrong before and often is wrong about release windows, sometimes wildly.

It's funny that tractus (sorry if I misspeled your name) has actually provided quotes of Verendus supporting his claim but gets shitted on by guys which "I remember" is all they have. Maybe some quotes to see how specific and accurate he was?

If I had to dig through Verendus's post history everytime just to refute someone who doesn't believe him (in this case someone who doesn't even want to enter discourse), I'd probably be wasting all of my time.

With that said, here I found a couple that came true:
Dragons Dogma Online
Dragon Quest 11

FelipeMGM

Verendus hinted at some stuff that is anything but safe. Didn't he talk about an RPG set in in India? Wonder when that turns up.

He didnt say RPG I think, but a third person game instead.

I know it sounds dumb, but with the way the story goes, would make sense for The Order eventually have a game set at the Indian subcontinent like he mentioned. And the game is in TP

Another thing I'd like too see. That'd be also a more noteworthy leak then. But I didn't read that from him myself..

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=142521175&postcount=2035

I imagine Nomura needs to be freed up before they start making any real progress with some of this stuff, although he's no stranger to juggling various works. But considering he's busy with KH3 at the moment, that's why my best guess in regards to the development timeline would be for this to kick into gear sometime after KH3 is completed. I have mentioned this point before. This last part is my assumption though. Kitase and him are basically the key people for it all.

Edit: added some more studios to the 2nd Party List - rest will follow later (i know i'm slow)

3474eb-1442961253.png

01fe87-1442961246.png

67b5e8-1442961235.png

I haven't seen them all, but from what I have seen and know of in general, I'm anticipating Sucker Punch, Benders, and Japan Studio the most at the moment. Don't really care about the rest if I'm honest, except SSM but that's number four, even though it's more ambitious than all of these titles. (This means internal games obviously, since if we include partnerships, then there are a couple more I'm interested in.) Undecided on which of the three I want most. Sucker Punch because I really think they can knock it out of the park, and are on the verge of making something great. I've always thought highly of them, and feel they have the potential. Benders because they're covering my favourite genre, and I'm always begging for more of those games. JS, not necessarily because it's more ambitious than the other games (it's not), but because it's different, interesting, and still big enough.

All after Nathaniel Drake obviously, since he's the best of the best.

Edit:

Yeah. I've mentioned this in the past already. Bloodborne is number one, and there's an agreement for two more games. I mean, it doesn't really work like that exactly, but whatever, let's just say it like that. They're working on game two as it stands, and game three will follow after that. I don't think we have to worry about them not hitting PS4
for all three. They're machines.

Great insight as always verendus. I didn't know horror was your favorite genre. Would you say bend's game is more survival horror a la silent hill, or more action based horror like dead space?

Also, Japan studio's new game is different how exactly?

Rymuth

Shit. This thread made me realize I had forgotten about Edith Finch.

Also, stop bullying Verendus-senpai. That's a very sensitive piece of horseflesh - he shouldn't be rattled! :mad:

I hope we see Bend game at PGW or PSX because after the Kojima Silent hill fiasco I really want to play a new IP AAA horror game that hopefully brings some fresh air to the genre now that Silent hill is gone and Resident evil became an action third person shooter.

Top Bottom