• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

kanuuna

I just had this thought about whatever Quantic's next game is.
How cool would it be if Aaron Paul starred in it.

That Need for Speed movie actually wasn't the worst thing in the world.

I just had this thought about whatever Quantic's next game is.
How cool would it be if Aaron Paul starred in it.

That Need for Speed movie actually wasn't the worst thing in the world.

Whatever it is, I'm willing to bet it'll be a VR game. It'd fit their story telling focus perfectly, imho.

Verendus

Banned
Thank you for the info, I guess they haven't been at the best place these past months, since November 2014 they slated one of their JRPG reveals for E3 2015 and that one is slowly getting long gone. I can only hope that what they bring to the table turns out to be good :)
even if in 2018 lol
I wouldn't say it's because they're in a bad position. I just meant it's taking time. That title is AAA so it's not something that's going to happen quickly, so that was probably silly of me to say. Those kind of games, especially today, just take longer. That's all I meant. Just because they didn't appear at E3 like they said isn't necessarily cause for concern. If you didn't hear anything from them until 2017, then you'd be right to be worried, but that's not going to happen.

salromano

I wouldn't say it's because they're in a bad position. I just meant it's taking time. That title is AAA so it's not something that's going to happen quickly, so that was probably silly of me to say. Those kind of games, especially today, just take longer. That's all I meant. Just because they didn't appear at E3 like they said isn't necessarily cause for concern. If you didn't hear anything from them until 2017, then you'd be right to be worried, but that's not going to happen.

Can the same be said for their third-party title? (which I'm guessing is El Niño Kuni 2) Or do you think we'll see that sometime sooner/later?

Bousf

Oh that's good, I must admit I took their no-show at E3 as a sign for "game's not going well". If they manage to build and create something at the level of their PS2 output (or Ni No Kuni), they can take as long as they need. That been said, E3 2016 would be reaaally exciting if they showed up :p

I'm dying to see one of L5 games, their RPGs are very close to my heart.
Same here, both Dark Cloud games and Rogue Galaxy are a piece of my soul. Ni No Kuni was also special, but their PS2 stuff is where it's at for me :)

Tratorn

Sorry if this is largely known but... how does Verendus know all of these things?

He doesn't, but he's really good at let people thinking he does, even after multiple fails. ;)
That's why his most unlikely "leaks" are "years away". Because why would he care getting banned when finally more people realize that in 1, 2 or 3 years? He had fun at least with letting people believe he'd know more about 1st and 3rd party secret projects than adam and shu themselves. ^^
But yeah, he deserves applause for that. Pretty good job.

Oh that's good, I must admit I took their no-show at E3 as a sign for "game's not going well". If they manage to build and create something at the level of their PS2 output (or Ni No Kuni), they can take as long as they need. That been said, E3 2016 would be reaaally exciting if they showed up :p

level 5 just recently started hiring for it last year
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=900692

in retrospect expecting it to show this year was too naive (personally)

more than likely a 2017 title

Bousf

level 5 just recently started hiring for it last year
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=900692

in retrospect expecting it to show this year was too naive (personally)

more than likely a 2017 title
I (like many) was going by their word, they were the ones to say they would be at E3 2015, but I understand their decision to postpone the reveal if they were not ready. I have no rush, as long as I know they have PS4 titles in the works, and we know that so for the time being I'm fine :)

Verendus, I don't know if you know about this but since you've mentioned it before and you're around, there's no harm in asking: why is FFXIIHD Remaster not a thing yet? Is it simply too early for it? Because that's what it looks like.

He doesn't, but he's really good at let people thinking he does, even after multiple fails. ;)
That's why his most unlikely "leaks" are "years away". Because why would he care getting banned when finally more people realize that in 1, 2 or 3 years? He had fun at least with letting people believe he'd know more about 1st and 3rd party secret projects than adam and shu themselves. ^^
But yeah, he deserves applause for that. Pretty good job.

Final fantasy 7 Remake says Hi
Dragon Quest 11 says Hi
The Last Guardian says Hi

I (like many) was going by their word, they were the ones to say they would be at E3 2015, but I understand their decision to postpone the reveal if they were not ready. I have no rush, as long as I know they have PS4 titles in the works, and we know that so for the time being I'm fine :)

Oh i know, I assumed it would show up this past e3 too, but things happen

L5's PS4 game is AAA.....thats very surprising. Their first AAA title?

i imagine in its time white knight chronicle would've been considered AAA as well

BadWolf

Either way you look at it, not being at the same show as TLG, FF7R and Shenmue 3 was probably a good idea.

Shabad

There is so much Sony still need to announce :
- Gran Turismo 7 - the game should release "before 2017", so this announcement should come soonish.
- God of War 4 - if it is indeed SSM's next game, it probably started developpement two years ago when Barlog came back. Highly anticipated, so fans are expecting it, and Sony knows that...
- Quantic Dream's new project - Beyond Two Souls released 2 years ago, so we should start hearing about this soon.
- Bend's new project - They allegedly had bumps along the road, but their last game is 3 and a half year old, so their new game should be pretty advanced now.
- Sucker Punch - Second Son is only 18 month old, but they are a very proficient studio, so their next game should be too far away.
- Level 5 's RPG - it was supposed to be announced at E3 as per Level 5 own words. If it was probably a good idea to avoid being buried under FF7R / Shenmue 3 / The Last Guardian / Horizon / Dreams, we should hear about this at some point !
That much is sure, but know we also have :
- Japan Studio's own JRPG - it was teased by Verendus many times, although we know nothing about this, and the very existence of this project depends on Verendus's credibility. And vice versa...
- From Software new collaboration - this is a very big deal, given Bloodborne's success, both critically and commercially, and it also shouldn't be too far away either if we consider From Software surprisingly high output in recent years.

That's quite a lot of big announcements, but all of those should realistically happen within 2015-2016...

Don't bother. People always come up with really creative ways to dismiss Verendus if they doubt him. I remember another GAFfer a while back who did the same. It's pointless.

Yeah, it doesn't matter that he's been consistently right or that the mods clearly trust him as a source (otherwise he'd get called out on a consistent basis), there's always at least one person who believes they're the one person that can see through his lies. Just nod and back away slowly, there's no convincing those people.

Does anyone know Verendus' position in Sony? I mean he mentioned he saw a bit of Level 5's game, so does that mean he's pretty high up?

BadWolf

Does anyone know Verendus' position in Sony? I mean he mentioned he saw a bit of Level 5's game, so does that mean he's pretty high up?

Either high up or associated with someone that is pretty high up for sure.

Shu was surprised at the FF7R reveal, Verendus told us about it way before the PS4 launched.

Once i get my jprgs , ND and GT fix i okay .
Still i would like some more AAA jrpgs but then again i more hype for horizon than any other rpg.
Can't get better than dino robots .

Also regarding some games Verendus listed, what do you guys think these games are, particularly the SEGA one which has me interested:

8. Another unnamed IP which is coming to Playstation exclusively from Sega should hopefully be announced next year. It's had teething issues which seems to be making it take longer than I thought, as have most other projects on current gen to be fair from the looks of it, but I'm happy to mention it again because it looks like we might finally get an announcement next year. I'm hoping at least. This one's not a fighting game.

9. Third Person IP which is big budget is coming and it's set in the Indian subcontinent. Mentioning this because I feel it's quite notable something big is going this route. I don't think I've ever seen a big title in this kind of setting. I find it very surprising, but also very exciting. Western developed.

10. Japanese new IP which is set in...Japan. Third person action adventure title with monsters and machines. Might have RPG elements, not too sure on that unfortunately. Futurisitic setting. Playstation exclusive.

Now for more something which is what you would say is a tease but actually makes perfect sense:

11. A new game which will be a pretty big deal, I'm sure.

12. An old game, which will be somewhat of a big deal I guess.

Also regarding some games Verendus listed, what do you guys think these games are, particularly the SEGA one which has me interested:

Maybe number 10 is the new Vanillaware game announced at TGS, 13 sentinels? The game is set in japan, playstation exclusive, has machines/mechas and is set in the future : )

Maybe number 10 is the new Vanillaware game announced at TGS, 13 sentinels?

It's third person action, so I don't think so :/

Of course not, Shenmue 3 is not being made by Sega.

Oh yeah, damn, of course it isn't. Completely forgot. Well that makes it even more exciting.

Shu was surprised at the FF7R reveal, Verendus told us about it way before the PS4 launched.

Holy crap, good point. Man, what if he's like Adam Boyes in disguise? :p

looking at his past posts he mentions european currency rather than US money or other funny munnies, he says scee is the best branch stuff like that

Ah I see. Nice catch. Thanks.

But looking at the TGS trailer we don´t have any indication what kind of genre the game will be, maybe is third person action 2d action like most vanillaware games?

Hmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but from the sound of the title, it seems pretty big budget and Vanillaware games aren't really known of making third person action games or big budget titles.

Top Bottom