• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level-5 hiring for new "large-scale project"

L~A

Apparently, there's an ad in the latest Famitsu; it says that Level-5 is now hiring for a new "large-scale project" (projects?).

They are looking for designers, programmers and planners.

Apparenty, Youkai Watch characters (Jibanyan is one of them) are featured on the ad, but it's unknown whether the new project is related to Youkai Watch or not. Maybe it's for the console version of Wonder Flick, supposed to come to lots of platforms?

Source

finally. now they can make a MMO for ps4/pc and 3DS. they were always going in that direction and they usually try to align themselves with what square does.

L~A

^

I would. Incredibly risky for a franchise aimed at kids (even younger than Pokémon).

It's highly unlikely Level-5 is working on Dragon Quest XI. Why should they work for another publisher when they're successful enough on their own?

They really have no reason to make DQXI for Squeenix.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Its probably a home console game - PS3/PS4 or PS4 exclusive would be my guess depending on the release date.

Dark Cloud 3
Dark Cloud 1/2 HD Remasters
DQ PS4 ports
Ni No Kuni 2
Rogue Galaxy 2
White Knight Chronicles 3 ( game has some potential! )

DC3 would make my generation though.

weekev

Banned
Youkai Watch really needs to come West. Level-5 make it so.

Nino2ni on its way? Would fit with a large scale project.

Dark Cloud 3 would be large scale maybe...please...

Is it finally time for Dark Cloud 3?

New Dark Cloud game please.

This. I would adore a new Dark Cloud. Keep most of the mechanics of Dark Chronicle/Cloud 2 intact, but jettison the godawful randomly generated dungeons and instead build memorable and distinct locations. In fact, at this point they might as well reboot the franchise, so essentially remake the first game with the Dark Genie villain and Toan as the protagonist.

DJIzana

I'd love a Ni no Kuni 2. I'd also love to see them do something new and ambitious and do a new IP for this so called "large scale project".

@MUWANdo

Banned
I really feel like Yokai Watch is gonna be the first really huge NFC console game in Japan, maybe this is what they're gearing up for.

Wait, I think I found a press release for the game...

Rogue Cloud

A stunning collaboration between the creators of beloved classics Rogue Galaxy and Dark Cloud. Featuring innovative new time managed action gameplay. Prepare to be amazed by stunning HD graphical effects and marvel at fully imagined anime inspired worlds drawn right from the original games. Brace yourself for tons of content in a free to play game experience like no other! Available next year on iOS and Android platforms!

Kouriozan

Youkai Watch MMO can happen, the IP is getting huge success right now and a MMO could fill up Level 5 pocket for a long time.
Wait and see~

Ridley327

^

I would. Incredibly risky for a franchise aimed at kids (even younger than Pokémon).

It's highly unlikely Level-5 is working on Dragon Quest XI. Why should they work for another publisher when they're successful enough on their own?

They really have no reason to make DQXI for Squeenix.

That's the same reason why I don't think they would do a Dark Cloud 3, either. Their days of work-for-hire jobs are long behind them.

Chuck

Still without luck
wait did we actually know anything about layton 7 ?

yeah it looks like this

f8136238e9c6535d0e01912fe7d72c1e1377626560_full.jpg

Top Bottom