• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

It's not my most anticipated game over the next 12 months, but in terms of Sony's slate for the rest 2017, Supermassive's new game Hidden Agenda is one that I just can't fucking wait for!!!

I LOVED Until Dawn. And Hidden Agenda looks to be massively more fun and interesting, and with it not being horror, I can play it with my wife.

Elandyll

Banned
For me, and excluding TloU part 2, Wild and Death Stranding because they are likely 2019, as well as the Sucker Punch new IP (not announced yet)

HZD dlc > Dreams > Spider-Man > Days Gone > Detroit > God of War (never player any) > Sotc remake (never played og)

Hidden Agenda is a big unknown for me tbh.

MattAces

HUGE fan of God of War, so it needs to be my number 1.
Other than that.

1 God of War
2 Days Gone (surprisingly excited for this one)
3 Spider-man
4 Dreams (because of VR)
5 SOTC (because I've never played the original_

Marvel Spider-Man is EASILY my most anticipated Sony game.

However, I'm in a position where everything on Sony's 2018 plate is something I'm excited about. This is the most excited I've been about a crop of Sony games since... last year basically before Horizon Zero Dawn and Gravity Rush 2 came out since I knew of those two games, Lost Legacy, Matterfall and everything long-range that was announced at E3 2016 (plus Dreams in 2015).

Now I'm pumped for God of War, Marvel Spider-Man, Days Gone, Shadow of the Colossus, Dreams, Detroit: Become Human, and hell, WiLD. Still hoping more is to come with Housemarque.

I'm not mentioning Death Stranding/Last of Us Part II simply because they're very far away, but considering I loved Last of Us and MGSV, I'm looking forward to seeing more.

O we rating exclusive for next year easy
1.Dreams
2.Days gone
3.Spider-Man
4.god of war
5Shadow of the colossus(never played it)
6.Detriot

Not first party but wild,left alive also have my attention

BigEmil

The Last of Us Part II will outsell Spider-man.

Feel free to bookmark this prediction.
Hell no, even the low budget mediocre Spiderman games sells buttloads, this time with Insomniac going all in and could possibly be the best Spiderman game of all time Spiderman will triple TLOU sales

TLOU mostly by PS fans and Spiderman bought by the majority even people from other platforms this game can be a system seller to them

Hey, let's not underestimate TLOU Part II. Between the PS3/PS4, the first sold eight million copies. I certainly can see a high-quality sequel expanding on that.

Not that it's far-fetched that a great Spider-Man game with Sony's advertising could surpass even that, mind you. But TLOU sold a ton.

Death Stranding followed by Part II for me.

I'm kinda suprised to see so many GOW picks here. After the cheesy GOW 3 Pandora storyline, I have no faith they can pull off a Kratos/child story line. Barlog picked his cards wrong with this story IMO. I'd like to be proven wrong, though.

zsynqx

Hell no, even the low budget mediocre Spiderman games sells buttloads, this time with Insomniac going all in and could possibly be the best Spiderman game of all time Spiderman will triple TLOU sales

TLOU mostly by PS fans and Spiderman bought by the majority even people from other platforms this game can be a system seller to them

lol there is no way in hell it's tripling TLOU sales

Just curious, what is your most anticipated PS4 First Party exclusive?
Massively hyped tier
1. Death Stranding
2. The Last of Us Part II
3. God of War
4. Spider-Man

Looking forward to tier
5. Wild
6. Shadow of the Colossus Remake
7. Hidden Agenda
8. Days Gone

Not really excited about but I'll get them if they turn out good tier
9. Detroit: Become Human
10. Dreams (this could jump up depending on how the single player looks, the creation stuff doesn't interest me)

Everything else I don't care about. Some exciting stuff coming from Sony these next few years

Des

We have any idea how much tlou has sold at this point? Don't think we have had an update since the PS4 remaster came out.

Zukkoyaki

Hyped:
- God of War (Most anticipated)
- Spider-Man
- Days Gone

Interested:
- Dreams
- Detroit
- TLOU2 (Too far out for me to be hyped)

Not Interested:
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Hidden Agenda
- Death Stranding

Shadow of the Colossus is up there too but I already played a bit of it. I already know what I am getting.

It is not tripling TLoU sales. Chill.

Hyped:
- God of War (Most anticipated)
- Spider-Man
- Days Gone

Interested:
- Dreams
- Detroit
- TLOU2 (Too far out for me to be hyped)

Not Interested:
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Hidden Agenda
- Death Stranding
Ueda games not your cup of tea?

FelipeMGM

O we rating exclusive for next year easy
1.Dreams
2.Days gone
3.Spider-Man
4.god of war
5Shadow of the colossus(never played it)
6.Detriot

Not first party but wild,left alive also have my attention

For me, and excluding TloU part 2, Wild and Death Stranding because they are likely 2019, as well as the Sucker Punch new IP (not announced yet)

HZD dlc > Dreams > Spider-Man > Days Gone > Detroit > God of War (never player any) > Sotc remake (never played og)

Hidden Agenda is a big unknown for me tbh.

HUGE fan of God of War, so it needs to be my number 1.
Other than that.

1 God of War
2 Days Gone (surprisingly excited for this one)
3 Spider-man
4 Dreams (because of VR)
5 SOTC (because I've never played the original_

oh you guys are in for such a treat

I'm kinda suprised to see so many GOW picks here. After the cheesy GOW 3 Pandora storyline, I have no faith they can pull off a Kratos/child story line. Barlog picked his cards wrong with this story IMO. I'd like to be proven wrong, though.

Story was lame but to me the game was still great.

They got new writers for the new one, potentially better writers, and from so little we have seen the script looks to be an improvement.

Do you have any figures for how previous Spider-man games have sold? I don't think a single game has broken 10m copies sold.

TLOU sold over 10m between PS3 and the PS4 remaster.

Hey, let's not underestimate TLOU Part II. Between the PS3/PS4, the first sold eight million copies. I certainly can see a high-quality sequel expanding on that.

Not that it's far-fetched that a great Spider-Man game with Sony's advertising could surpass even that, mind you. But TLOU sold a ton.

I believe that was 8m on the PS3 alone. The PS4 version took it above 10m copies. It's ND highest selling game and now Sony's biggest IP next to GT.

Maybe, but this partnership they have with Marvel now is a huge deal. Imagine if the Arkham games were exclusive to a platform, but with the most popular superhero in the world.

Again, I don't believe any previous Spider-man game has sold more than 10m copies. As much as the Arkham games have been a huge success, whilst even knowing how good this Spider-man game will potentially be considering the developer's pedigree (love Insomniac), I'm still not convinced that the first good Spider-man game in decades, which is exclusive to a single console platform, will be huge straight off the bat.... I hope it is (I hope that both TLOU and Spider-man both break 10m), but I'm not confident in Spider-man outselling even Uncharted 4 on PS4.

CEJames

The Last of Us Part II will outsell Spider-man.

Feel free to bookmark this prediction.

Oh come now, The Last of Us may be good but still isn't widely accepted by people who aren't interested in shooter/survival mechanics.

Spiderman is Spiderman. There is no competition. It will sell more than The Last of Us.

Look at the interactions between the two in the initial walkthrough alone. The quality just oozes through. The body language alone expresses so much.

I think TLoU is being underestimated. It sold very well.

Both TLoU and Spider-Man will be commercial juggernauts but they could end up selling on par with one another.

It's not my most anticipated game over the next 12 months, but in terms of Sony's slate for the rest 2017, Supermassive's new game Hidden Agenda is one that I just can't fucking wait for!!!

I LOVED Until Dawn. And Hidden Agenda looks to be massively more fun and interesting, and with it not being horror, I can play it with my wife.

Played it at EGX it's really cool and a fun party game, think you really need more than 2 people to enjoy the hidden agenda part.

Well would not describe it as horror but pretty close to until dawn, more thriller maybe, have you played thats you?

gadwn

Oh come now, The Last of Us may be good but still isn't widely accepted by people who aren't interested in shooter/survival mechanics.

Spiderman is Spiderman. There is no competition. It will sell more than The Last of Us.

10+ million ain't widely accepted? Tlou is one of the most beloved games of last gen, the second game will surely sell more than the original in it's Lifetime.

Spiderman will easily move more consoles but most likely push less units than tlou imho.

I think Spiderman will sell very well.

But I don't think it's going to outsell TLOU. The only games in Sony's first party stable that look like they could are God of War, GT Sport and TLOU2.

But if it ends up selling 10+ million, then that'll be great too. Especially for Insomniac.

The God

Do you have any figures for how previous Spider-man games have sold? I don't think a single game has broken 10m copies sold.

TLOU sold over 10m between PS3 and the PS4 remaster.

I believe that was 8m on the PS3 alone. The PS4 version took it above 10m copies. It's ND highest selling game and now Sony's biggest IP next to GT.

Again, I don't believe any previous Spider-man game has sold more than 10m copies. As much as the Arkham games have been a huge success, whilst even knowing how good this Spider-man game will potentially be considering the developer's pedigree (love Insomniac), I'm still not convinced that the first good Spider-man game in decades, which is exclusive to a single console platform, will be huge straight off the bat.... I hope it is (I hope that both TLOU and Spider-man both break 10m), but I'm not confident in Spider-man outselling even Uncharted 4 on PS4.

You're focusing too much on Spider-Man outselling another game. It doesn't matter if it fails to outsell Part II. Spider-Man being successful on its own is more important because of what it could potentially mean for the Sony x Marvel partnership.

Played it at EGX it's really cool and a fun party game, think you really need more than 2 people to enjoy the hidden agenda part.

Well would not describe it as horror but pretty close to until dawn, more thriller maybe, have you played thats you?

Thanks for the impressions. I haven't played That's You yet. I have it installed on my PS4 though. Will try to convince my missus to try that one out with me :)

Is That's You good?

You're focusing too much on Spider-Man outselling another game. It doesn't matter if it fails to outsell Part II. Spider-Man being successful on its own is more important because of what it could potentially mean for the Sony x Marvel partnership.

Never have I argued anything else. I'm focusing on Spider-man not outselling TLOU II because that's the conversation I was having with those posters. That's the prediction that I made.

Both games are likely to be very successful for Sony (and thus great for gamers because we get more awesome Marvel and ND games to play).

10+m units sold for TLOU isn't a mainstream success?

It's more than any single previous Spider-man game has sold, despite the strength of the Spider-man IP.

Outside of Arkham games, licensed videogames haven't been huge sellers for a very long time. Sure, just like Arkham, Insomniac's Spider-man could be another exception to that rule (and I hope it is), but it would be an exception.

Zombie games, however, (I know ND won't agree that TLOU is a zombie game) routinely sell bucket loads in this industry. Look at even mid-tier games like Dead Island selling 7+m units. These games just have exceptionally wide appeal and TLOU being from a rockstar developer like ND, just makes TLOU II all the more compelling.

The God

Never have I argued anything else. I'm focusing on Spider-man not outselling TLOU II because that's the conversation I was having with those posters. That's the prediction that I made.

Both games are likely to be very successful for Sony (and thus great for gamers because we get more awesome Marvel and ND games to play).

I'm confused. I said Spider-Man would be Sony's most important game, and then you responded to me saying TLoU 2 would sell more.

LOL Uncharted 4 sold 10M,The Last of Us Part 2 with a higher base install and the hype will at least 12M,good luck kkk

Turkoop

Banned
Hmm difficult.

1. Death Stranding
2. TLOU II
3. God of War
4. Shadow of the Colossus Remake (does this count?) BTW, never finished it :( but so fucking hyped
5. Days Gone
6. Spiderman
7. Detroit

Dreams isn't the type of game I like but gonna buy it for sure. Still have concerns about Wild.

Turkoop

Banned

TLOU has a huge fan base in Germany, so it gonna sell hundred thousand copies.
Very confident that TLOU2 will be Sonys biggest title on PS4 in terms of sales.

oldsnakebro

Mine is GT sport. The thirst for a GT game is real everywhere I go. It will sell more than any other exclusives in this generation.
After that my most anticipated games are GOW and Spiderman.

Tlou2 will be the best selling first party game of his generation, barring any new Pokémon releases.

Spider-Man will sell well, but it ain't beating Tlou man

Most anticipated goes to God of War, but I am planning to pickup all of the first party AAA games besides GT. Just love how much production value Sony's games have.

Top Bottom