• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

Eggbok

hopefully Dreams gets a proper marketing then.

So far its getting hardly any attention

With Paris Games Week around the corner I'd imagine the first real Dreams push will take place there. Hoping for a singleplayer trailer and beta dates with a final release window as well.

Sony generally seems to push the stuff that they know can actually be a fairly decent success these days. Which isn't a slight to games like Gravity Rush 2 but I think a bigger marketing push for those games would only make the amount of copies they have to sell before being profitable much higher without actually doing much to sell that amount of copies. So in that view, I'm completely okay with it as long as games keep getting green lit.

pswii60

and Little Big Planet 3 :/
sometime i even forget that game exists
I can't believe they've let the franchise rot. Sackboy/girl, in particular, had the potential to become a huge icon, and with merchandise too. The opportunity is still there, they just need to embrace it. Sackboy Adventures?

Shin-Ra

LBP2 had a really fresh change of art and world themes, LBP PS Vita was great but felt like a really good remix of LBP2's style, by LBP3 it was just more of the same.

A new developer would need to demonstrate Media Molecule's artistic creativity to get me excited about a proper console sequel to LBP2.

They rushed LBP3, didn't market it, and put it out at a terrible time. Fucking terrible job from their marketing team. It came in November 2014 as a rushed game.. it could have easily come out in January with the bugs fixed. No competition on top of being better received.

Zukkoyaki

Finally playing Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

I'm only about 3 hours in and I can already tell that Naughty Dog is in good hands even without Bruce (not that I thought they wouldn't be). Shaun and Kurt know what they're doing.

With these massive multiplayer games like Fortnite and PUBG doing so well, I feel like zipper interactive and M.A.G would have done a lot better in this climate.

Dabi

With these massive multiplayer games like Fortnite and PUBG doing so well, I feel like zipper interactive and M.A.G would have done a lot better in this climate.

Possibly... but knowing Sony they would let their third party partnerships do the work in that arena.

Mmmm, PSX is gonna be fun, Sucker Punch or not, though I trust Shinobi.

I hope he eventually comes back as he was one of the nicest users who genuinely loves this hobby.

farisr

What I want to happen is for Sony to promote Arika's followup to Street Fighter EX during PSX, it would be a good time to drop the beta (which is due for the end of the year) and give the game more exposure, it is only being developed for PS4 at this time.

But Street Fighter V Arcade edition or whatever they're going to call it, is likely due for an announcement/reveal around that time as well, so very unlikely Sony would spend time promoting another fighting game outside of a montage.

What I want to happen is for Sony to promote Arika's followup to Street Fighter EX during PSX, it would be a good time to drop the beta (which is due for the end of the year) and give the game more exposure, it is only being developed for PS4 at this time.

But Street Fighter V Arcade edition or whatever they're going to call it, is likely due for an announcement/reveal around that time as well, so very unlikely Sony would spend time promoting another fighting game outside of a montage.

I would love to see Mysterious Fighting Game (Working Title) get some stage time during PSX. That would make me jump for joy, but I doubt it'll happen, since Arika are the nichiest of the niche. Who knows though, fighting games get a lot of spotlight at PSX in general, so it might get a one minute trailer possibly.

KORNdoggy

I think they let Lbp go because of dreams but that's just my speculation

who's to say dreams isn't just a code name and all we've been seeing so far is the creation tool for LBP4?

41e.jpg

sense

Hard to pick between god of war, Spider-Man, last of us 2 and death stranding but since they will most likely release in that order I will say god of war first :)

wapplew

So whats on the Horzion for sony japans Studio ?

Shuhei talk about Japan studio in an interview around TGS time, he said Japan studio usually make game with global appeal but since Japanese titles getting more popular world wide, Japan studio will make game to appeal Japanese game audience.
That's one little change of direction for Japan studio.

Shin-Ra

We're creeping up on 18 months since Ratchet & Clank released. Just how much of Insomniac's working on Spider-Man again?

RSchmitz

Death Stranding > God of War > Spider-Man > SotC > Part 2 > Days Gone > Dreams > Wild

Those are the ones I care. Skipped Detroit cause I'm not interested. Not sure where I'd fit Horizon dlc. And I hope SP's new game can manage to fit between gow and Spider-Man.

FelipeMGM

Just curious, what is your most anticipated PS4 First Party exclusive?

Right now God Of War > Spider-Man > WiLD > Detroit > Dreams > Days Gone > SoTC

Im excited for The Last of Us Part II (TLoU is my favorite game ever) and Death Stranding, but we havent really seen much of them so its hard to put them above these others for me

We're creeping up on 18 months since Ratchet & Clank released. Just how much of Insomniac's working on Spider-Man again?

We dont know for sure, JStevenson said awhile back (E3 last year) that most of the staff were on Spider-Man, other than that I dont think we got any info.

A new Ratchet would be wonderful news for any of these two shows

RSchmitz

New Ratchet would be great.
Hopefully they can find a studio to make a Sly to go with the TV show too.
Sanzaru would be perfect and could work as well as it did for Insomniac but they are doing that marvel vr game.

dr_rus

Just curious, what is your most anticipated PS4 First Party exclusive?

GoW. TLOU2 is probably my least anticipated PS4 1st party exclusive right now but this may change if they will show that it will have somewhat different from TLOU1 gameplay.

Of the announced games:

1. Tie between God of War and Dreams
2. Days Gone
3. Spider-man

I'm excited for the other games as well, but these ones are the most interesting to me at the moment. I want to play Detroit, but I feel like that one isn't going to surprise me nearly as much as these four. The 2019 games (TLoU:pII, Death Stranding, Wild) aren't on my radar currently since they are so far away.

Top Bottom