• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: PS4 Demand Will Outstrip Supply Into the Summer

vooglie

The reports so far is that Microsoft was able to outpace PS4 comfortably during Titanfall week, in US and UK, if I recall correctly. So, no I don't think I am. I don't think the bump is going to carry over significantly into the following months though, so that is the bigger problem.

US reports? In the UK the xbone sales rose 96% for the week but we don't have hard numbers, and we know that ps4 rose by ~70%. Without concrete numbers I don't understand how you can say that xbone outpaced ps4. Not that I'm saying it didn't, I'm just saying we don't have the data to say for sure.

Edit: just saw the tweet. Stand corrected.

Mrbob

US reports? In the UK the xbone sales rose 96% for the week but we don't have hard numbers, and we know that ps4 rose by ~70%. Without concrete numbers I don't understand how you can say that xbone outpaced ps4. Not that I'm saying it didn't, I'm just saying we don't have the data to say for sure.

There was a tweet from someone who has seen the numbers that stated XB1 outsold PS4 for the week. Not a surprise though as XB1 should outsell PS4 right now. The big question is will the XB1 have sustainability long term or only spikes when big releases come out.

If PS4 keeps its average monthly sell rate Sony will be happy.

I think the PS4 outsold the Xbox One this week. He won't quote any sources and what we do have goes against him.

That's what I think.

The guy tweated it outsold the PS4. Both other people tweated the PS4 outsold the Xbox One. Then someone posted a source with numbers. I think he's just one of those guys that won't admit when he's wrong.

I think the PS4 outsold the Xbox One this week. He won't quote any sources and what we do have goes against him.

That's what I think.

You mean the week we don't have percentages for or the week we do where he [editor of MCV where we get pretty much all of our UK numbers from] stated the XB1 outsold the PS4?

Who are the other two individuals and why should we put any stock in what they say?

jeremy1456

My local Target (95501 area) had a few in stock the other day. It was the first time in a great while I was even in an electronics store.

Back in December I was looking around and I never actually saw the PS4 completely out of stock.

Chobel

Nobody mentioned VG chartz.

I haven't seen MCV declare Xbox One outsold the PS4 either.

C3nvss9.png

Christopher Dring works for MCV.

beast786

I expect XB1 with TF bundle where you get TF and a kinect camera for 499$ to negate PS4 cheaper price.

I expect xb1 to outsell ps4 by minimum 150k or 2:1

In the land of the free and home of the brave

TS-08

If Titanfall can't do it, I wouldn't predict it unless a price cut or something similar happens.

It will likely be several months before the XB1 has any chance to outsell the PS4 past March, unless there is a price cut. Not until its upcoming exclusives start to be released is it even possible.

Lace

I renew my request for this gif to first have the Xbox logo on the hand, then Forza, then Titanfall, or some similar sequence of logos. The faucet has the PS4 logo of course.

Here you go, the transparency between images make it look rougher then it should.

b3xJCXW.gif

I expect XB1 with TF bundle where you get TF and a kinect camera for 499$ to negate PS4 cheaper price.

I expect xb1 to outsell ps4 by minimum 150k or 2:1

In the land of the free and home of the brave

It's good to hear your take on this beast

I will of course have to predict the opposite in the NPD thread given your history with guessing XB1/PS4 sales in the US thus far :p

beast786

It's good to hear your take on this beast

I will of course have to predict the opposite in the NPD thread given your history with guessing XB1/PS4 sales in the US thus far :p

You beware. I feel good this month

even broken clock is right twice a day ;p

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Went into gamestop to finish off my infamous pre order and asked the standard question on how their supply was for both systems. Dude said they get maybe 10 ps4 systems at a time and its rare they last a day while they still had xbone units from the launch shipment.

A fuckin ton of Titanfall boxes on the shelves as well.

ymmv

Banned
Went into gamestop to finish off my infamous pre order and asked the standard question on how their supply was for both systems. Dude said they get maybe 10 ps4 systems at a time and its rare they last a day while they still had xbone units from the launch shipment.

Four months after launch and stores are still sitting on stock from the first shipment? Doesn't sound good.

Yoday

I was at my local Wal-Mart yesterday. Honestly you'd be convinced the PS4 never came out. No consoles, no controllers, barely any accessories in general and not even half a dozen games in stock at most behind the locked shelf.

The Vita section was pretty much the same thing. But for entirely different reasons.
It's the same way at my local Wal-Mart too. I saw the system in stock once, and that's it. They don't even have a PS4 section yet. They simply throw the games, systems (when they have them), and accessories in with the PS3 stuff. Contrarily the Xbone section is quite large already, and tends to look like it hasn't been touched in weeks.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
I wonder at what point they lose potential customers over availability. If it is like this up to E3 and MS announces some sort of price but, they've messed up.

You mean, like the Xbox One isn't even released in most countries yet?

Pachinko

I think Sony needs to just stop shipping consoles anywhere that they aren't immediately selling out and postpone launching in more territories until they get enough systems to North America and the UK.

In particular I'd love to see more then 8 systems a month ship to canada :p

RE_Player

I might pass by my local Best Buy tomorrow and if I do I'll take pictures because it's crazy. Last time I was there, about a week ago, they had piles of Xbox Ones at the front of the store and PS4 section looked picked over as if it were Christmas. The only games they had stacks of for PS4 were NBA Live 14, Knack and Just Dance.

Ecotic

I saw my first PS4 in the wild 2 days ago at my small town's Wal-Mart. I noticed what others have said about the PS4 being difficult to believe it came out. The games (and not many of them) were tucked away with the PS3 stuff while the Xbox One had many more games tucked in with the 360 section, but at least they were prominently featured in the middle at eye level. PS4 games were on the top shelf in the case furthest away from the aisle.

VinLAURiA

Banned
Fine with me. Sony said PS4 games are eventually coming to PSNow anyway, so I'll just use that instead of getting a PS4.

Hell, considering they said the service will be available on non-Sony devices in time, it'll be nice to be able to play PlayStation games without needing to buy a PlayStation system; perhaps even on another console. Imagine playing inFAMOUS with the Wii U's Off-TV function.

Lace

Not quite was I was asking for, but great in its own right. Thanks :D

Heh I attempted the original version but since you couldn't see the hand it looked weird. If anyone else has idea's for gifs shoot them my way. I want to have a few ready to go for the E3 hype thread.

ViciousDS

Banned
I don't even want to know what it's going to be like when the destiny beta hits the wild and word of mouth causes insane sales......it's just going to get worse

FrunkQ

Neo Member
I am sorry but am I the only one that finds the language in these reports hilarious?

All serious & businessy:
head of Sony’s PlayStation division, said the company is seeing robust sales in all the regions the PS4 is being sold.

Then rather embarrassing - sounding like your mother talking about computer games:
“Titanfall,” a highly anticipated space-age war simulation game

Then they sound like two jocks in a bathroom comparing cock sizes:
while juicing demand for Microsoft’s devices.

Or I could just be too drunk just now to be commentating seriously on these types of articles and am just finding everything just hilarious

GAF - you be the judge... but really who can take idiots that write articles like this seriously? And the world is being RUN by these people!?

Alebrije

You can come to México and get one at a beautiful price of $580 US , you can se PS4 in stock in most of retailers. Xbone is at $660 btw. and even today you can find one day editions.

vypek

I'm kind of surprised to see this since Amazon has had them in stock for days. I jumped on one when it was available thinking it wouldn't last long but I was wrong. They seem to have a healthy stock

Top Bottom