• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Q3: PS break sales records, keeps sales forecast unchanged

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedinen

Update:

Sony lifts outlook closer to record level, raises PS5 sales target

TOKYO, Feb 2 (Reuters) - Japan's Sony Group Corp (6758.T) on Thursday edged up its annual profit forecast, helped by a strong showing for its videogame division, and raised PlayStation 5 game console sales target by one million units to 19 million for the business year to March.

The electronics and entertainment giant also said its

chief financial officer, Hiroki Totoki, would become president and chief operating officer from April 1, while retaining his current role.

vqvUf1h.jpeg

1. Unit Sales, Inventory

LTD: PS5 More than 32.1M

ayKHSme.jpeg

0AkfmU3.jpeg

LOdBRGw.jpeg

2.Sales, Forecast

y3lKojO.jpeg

pU0YoIN.jpeg

mGJSgTr.jpeg

tQIJPsF.jpeg

3.Unit Sales, PS Plus, MAU

twwj03d.jpeg

xtrJMaQ.jpeg

4. Q1-Q3
BpeAMZI.jpeg

5. Consolidated Results

CPTc0i0.jpeg

3gm84Z6.jpeg

6. Q1-Q3 Consolidated Results

jmO4fYi.jpeg

wdgdJPs_d.webp

7. Consolidated Results Forecast

CyqQR1O.jpeg

pQQgdY3_d.webp

8. Music Segment
EFsDX0A.jpeg

9. Pictures Segment
VHTdIVU.jpeg

10. ET&S Segment
NtkGm0A.jpeg

11. I&SS Segment

cOkVZ5x.jpeg

12. Financial Services Segment
XmVyaZ4.jpeg

13. MAU

EKEBZoH.png

14. The Last of Us

b9HeGwD.png

Last edited:

vivftp

Over 5.2 million more to go to hit their goal over over 18 million this FY

Considering how stock has been flooding into various markets as of late and their recent Live on PS5 marketing campaign to notify people of available stock, I think they'll easily hit that 5.2+ figure in the last quarter.

Plus if the rumors are true of them doing 12 million of the current model in the first half of the new FY, and then ~18 million of the new model in the last half of the new FY, then that must mean they're on a serious ramp-up in production.

Ronin_7

Banned

Considering how stock has been flooding into various markets as of late and their recent Live on PS5 marketing campaign to notify people of available stock, I think they'll easily hit that 5.2+ figure in the last quarter.

Plus if the rumors are true of them doing 12 million of the current model in the first half of the new FY, and then ~18 million of the new model in the last half of the new FY, then that must mean they're on a serious ramp-up in production.
4.9M actually.

They are aiming for 37M+ i think.

zedinen

LOdBRGw.jpeg

vivftp

4.9M actually.

They are aiming for 37M+ i think.

They had originally projected 18 million units this FY and last quarter they had stated they were increasing their projection, but I don't believe they stated by how much. 18 minus the cumulation of the last 3 quarters is 5.2 million left to hit the 18 million figure, and they're aiming somewhere over that.

I don't get it. I'm talking about console units and you've posted a screenshot of inventory in terms of billions of Yen.

vivftp

Gonna be over 50M by the end of this year.

If Tom Hendersons rumors are true and they really are aiming for 30.5 million next FY, then by the end of March 2024 they'd be in the region of 67.8 million total. That's also assuming they ship another 5.2 million in Q4 this FY to hit their goal.

GhostOfTsu

Banned

The new TLOU casuls will help them reach their target :messenger_beaming:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Beasted it, no doubt about it. This is what can be achieved with little to no competition and a massive release in the holidays.

GG Sony you are killing it!

yurinka

Remember folks, Bloomberg said Sony is making up for PS5 shortage in 2022 by producing more PS4s.

We now know for a fact this was pure utter nonsense.

Yes, and Bloomberg also said Sony decreased their PSV2 plans but Sony's forecast remains unchanged. In fact, Sony now plans to get more Operating Income than in their previous estimate.

pQQgdY3_d.webp

vivftp

Not really. The pandemic correction is well known outside gaming too. Even Sony is affected to some degree as their PS Plus subs and software units sold are down.

Oh, I was referring to hardware numbers, to be honest. Hardware numbers were massively impacted by the pandemic and component shortages.

But yeah, for software and services, I could see a discussion of some sort having merit there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom