• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Santa Monica Teasing Something To Do with Feet

What is Sony Santa Monica teasing?

Results are only viewable after voting.
giphy.gif

*Not made by me
https://twitter.com/derek_omni/status/671497765885636609

lol

I hope it's not another God of War. I want to see something new.
My guess is this game is from thatgamecompany, so an indie game. GOW is happening though. Santa Monica Studios had a AAA game that was a new IP and cancelled in early 2014 I believe. There is another AAA team that's working on God of War with Cory at the helm.

Guymelef

Would love if they did a completely new IP out of left field like Horizon: New Dawn.

They tried, it didn't work.

My guess is this game is from thatgamecompany, so an indie game. GOW is happening though. Santa Monica Studios had a AAA game that was a new IP and cancelled in early 2014 I believe. There is another AAA team that's working on God of War with Cory at the helm.

TGC next game is self published.

Dinjooh

Unless they have bluffed it's already confirmed that Cory Barlog is working on a God of War sequel/reboot.

I feel like half of gaf is expecting something other than GoW and the other half is expecting a new mythology - I suspect most are gonna leave dissapointed with those expectations.

SSM is going to be this years PSX's Street Fighter IV remaster to SF5 fake out isnt it?

Here is SSM's new game! A collaboration with giant sparrow for another small downloadable artsy fartsy game.

Then a few unrelated announcements later.

Hey here is the game you actually wanted! God of War 4: Kratos versus Space Egypt.

injurai

Banned
I feel like half of gaf is expecting something other than GoW and the other half is expecting a new mythology - I suspect most are gonna leave dissapointed with those expectations.

It has to be a new mythos. It just has to be. It would be such a huge misstep to not go in that direction. It would be the blunder of the generation not to. Now whether or not Kratos will still be at the center I feel is far more up in the air.

oggob

I was a +1 for Earthworm Jim...

187806-earthwormjim.jpg

This is what I wanted it to be... But upon reflection, this screams Fat Princess Adventures now...

They announced it at PSX 2014, Santa Monica have their name plastered on the trailer back then also, not alot of info since.

Come PSX 2015, complete (re-?)reveal with info blowout, release date and price, etc...

Added bonus would be download now for free, but can't see that one happening

Corpsepyre

Banned
This is what I wanted it to be... But upon reflection, this screams Fat Princess Adventures now...

They announced it at PSX 2014, Santa Monica have their name plastered on the trailer back then also, not alot of info since.

Come PSX 2015, complete (re-?)reveal with info blowout, release date and price, etc...

Fat...Princess?

I would be extremely disappointed if this is the case.

Armadilo

Banned
Oh shit just thought about it .... New PlayStation Allstars battle Royale ?

large.jpg

or just some indie game that they are helping with....

OldMuffin

Maybe it's a God of war title with a female protagonist? Maybe goddess of war? Like maybe it's set in a different mythos with a different character?

5taquitos

Everyone saying it's God of War related is insane, there's no way they'd reveal a new game in that franchise like this.

F4r0_Atak

Any reason why it's not Sly Cooper? New movie coming out, a game must be.

Edit: Has to be Sly
SlyCooper.png

I honestly don't see SSM having any interest in the Sly IP... Could be a MediEvil game for all I know, due to the adventure nature of the games?

As a Playstation MVP, for having tried Fat Princess Adventures recently, the only thing I can say is that the tease should not have anything to do with it, since it doesn't look like anything I've seen or played in the build I got. Although... I can't wait for this new Fat Princess game to come out and continue from where I left off. It's really fun and easy to pick-up, especially in co-op. :D

Fat...Princess?

I would be extremely disappointed if this is the case.

You shouldn't worry about it then, since it is not FP... My guess is that SSM is most likely teasing an internal project related to the small game jam they had a few weeks/months ago. :p

melkier33

I was thing of asking my friend since she was a dancer for years but there's not much to go off of.

Since its a tease I'm just going to take a stab and say it looks like a spin.

So... spin off? Spin off GoW? New Mythology?

Who knows, but I'm excited for the announcement Saturday?

TEH-CJ

Banned
Just give me kratos killing shit in the most epic way imaginable. Cory made gow 2 and that is still amazing to this day. Gow4 will blow minds.

Elixist

Just give me kratos killing shit in the most epic way imaginable. Cory made gow 2 and that is still amazing to this day. Gow4 will blow minds.

new engine, new moves, new feel if its still kratos pls. if its square square triangle to win again im good.

Huh, ballet in rubber boots? Those shoes almost remind me a little of the sort of stuff you sometimes see crimescene investigators (or serial killers intent on not leaving a trace) wear on TV. Or scientists/medical stuff working with dangerous chemicals or contagious diseases.

Yeah that's the same idea that came to my mind, it's some sort of burglary game and the gifs shows the protagonist moving over some pressure plates or laser barriers of some sort.

I mean it's so obvious this isn't God of War I'm legit chuckling at a lot of these posts.

SSM wouldn't use a weird ass teaser of ballet feet to promote one of the biggest franchises on Playstation. It's obviously a new collaboration IP effort with a smaller studio.

Basically this, hell yeah!

K, I would play the shit outta this actually lol.

Top Bottom