• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Santa Monica Teasing Something To Do with Feet

What is Sony Santa Monica teasing?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Firecrest

Maybe it's Bust a Groove 3: Kitty N Redux?

for some reason i keep thinking of this
NiGHTS_characterart.jpg

makes no sense, but whatever.

Lol, you weren't the only one. It might be the exaggerated 'taffy legs'.

On one hand, I'd love for this to be a new thing.

On the other hand, I don't think God of War is ever truly going to go away, so I'd also love for this to be a new thing that calls itself God of War.

NotMyPsn

Banned
I hate the current state of SSM, its just a producer of meh games. ssm was a beast in the ps2 era, creating breathtaking games and really showing the power of the ps2...they were the naughty dogs of the ps2...and now..they produce sound shapes and hohokum...sigh...its like they went mobile..

I hate the current state of SSM, its just a producer of meh games. ssm was a beast in the ps2 era, creating breathtaking games and really showing the power of the ps2...they were the naughty dogs of the ps2...and now..they produce sound shapes and hohokum...sigh...its like they went mobile..

God of war 3 is arguably the best looking game on Ps3...

ZarKryn7

Probably another artsy game like Entwined.

Nothing to get excited about.

The days of Santa Monica being the God of War studio are long gone.

Its cynics like you that ruin these exciting speculation threads. And this is an internal SSM project. Not an external project. They still have key people at SSM that knlwy their crap when come visually great looking and intense action games.

"Its like they went mobile" except they haven't at all. What on overreaction.

People need to understand SSM is an external and internal studio. They help out small independent studios along with making their own games. Not every external project they are doing is going to interest everyone. But I appreciate that they are working on a variety of games. If they didn't help these studios out, we'd never get games like Fat princess, Starhawk, journey, unfinished swan.

Àlso understand they were working on a new IP for a long time and got canned. They went through a heavy layoff and now gotta start a new game from scratch.

This project is being lead by Cory barlog. The director of GoW2. So Im looking forward what him and his team at SSM have in store for us.

Kratos gone and replaced by female main character in next god of war?

Maybe they replaced him with Queen Nefertiti?

I could only dream...with her being in the news lately, it just had me wishing for that Ancient Egypt setting in a big blockbuster game......Well, I think we have all been wishing for that for a while....

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Based on what I am seeing, unless it is a bate and switch, I can't see myself being interested.

But we have admittedly seen nothing really, so I will keep an open mind.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Well judging by the boot in the clip its not set in ancient Greek times. The boot looks plastic? Could be a new IP. Its not god of war.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

I love what they've been doing since the PS3 days. I couldn't give a shit about God of War - genuinely leaves me cold. But the assistance they've provided to help smaller developers realise their visions is fantastic.

NotMyPsn

Banned
"Its like they went mobile" except they haven't at all. What on overreaction.

I dont think its an overreaction...just look at their output since Ascension...do you really think that they made possible unfinished swan? Certainly not in a technical way. They are producers,they guide other games studios, but they are not longer the technical wizards they were in the ps2 era.
And really, I cant feel their input in the games they have produced...every game is very diferent and frankly, not very good.
I believe any other big studio could have helped in those games. SSM no longer has a signature.

Cardon

Jesus Christ. If ever there was a post of one talking out their ass and not understanding anything it would be this.

Anyway, I'm excited to see how this tease pans out and what sort of 2016 SSM had in addition to whatever the next GOW game turns out to be.

FranXico

Any indication that Konami is ready to part with their most prominent pachinko franchise?

You're probably joking, but I remember reading somewhere that their most popular pachinko machines are the Silent Hill themed ones.

They're gonna kill it with Metal Gear Pachinko!

Seems to be quite graceful movement. Kratos isn't particularly graceful.

A new female protagonist in a Norse universe would be very cool.

Oh man, that first boss Gif and the last option in the poll being ahead..... I'm dying, Hahahaha!

This is the kind of stuff that makes me love GAF

ZarKryn7

I dont think its an overreaction...just look at their output since Ascension...do you really think that they made possible unfinished swan? Certainly not in a technical way. They are producers,they guide other games studios, but they are not longer the technical wizards they were in the ps2 era.
And really, I cant feel their input in the games they have produced...every game is very diferent and frankly, not very good.
I believe any other big studio could have helped in those games. SSM no longer has a signature.

You give me a headache. Like seriously.

This is your opinion. I'll *try* to respect it. Smh

Every gamer has their own taste and their opinions. I strongly disagree that all the external ssm games arent very good. They're are a lot of great games. Of course they're have been not so great one such as The Order. But if SSM hasn't been that open of a producer we wouldn't have games like journey either. Some of these indies have their own stories on why SSM has played a very important factor on their development of these games. So I'll let you look for those stories yourself.

As for technical wizards. Well I'd reserve that final judgment once we see what this game is. But I won't be surprised if it is not technically amazing since they did have have huge layoff. Take that into consideration.

Well.. If this is an internal game that is.

Top Bottom