• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony teasing The Order sneak peak at 1pm PT today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsundere

Banned
What does this even mean? Shinobi is out of the loop, so no one at RAD must have known?

It means Sony grabbed some footage/etc from the game some while back and have decided to show it, but RAD didn't know they were going to show it or make an event out of it.

ethomaz

Banned
It means Sony grabbed some footage/etc from the game some while back and have decided to show it, but RAD didn't know they were going to show it or make an event out of it.
I really doubt that... it is more like RAD didn't said to Shinobi... my guesses.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What does this even mean? Shinobi is out of the loop, so no one at RAD must have known?

His "friend" probably didn't know about today's event doesn't mean no one at RAD knows about it.

Bloodrage

Banned
This is interesting. MS shows games they'd already announced and that somehow means that they must have a loaded E3 that's going to blow Sony away. Sony does the same and it means that their E3 is shit and MS is still going to blow them away.
True colors always come out around E3.

Wasn't there supposed to be something on GTTV today about the order?
Yeah that's I recall seeing somewhere. If RAD's doing a stage demo at E3, I think we'll see clips of it today.

iceatcs

Not sure if posted:

untitledbost6.jpg

Very interesting... It mean to me that ROD well ahead but the media is holding all the time. Even RAD admitted Sony holding.
Or maybe only some RAD friends don't know about it.

I suspect Sony waiting for the sell to calm down before they can marketing the library again.

Asd202

This is interesting. MS shows games they'd already announced and that somehow means that they must have a loaded E3 that's going to blow Sony away. Sony does the same and it means that their E3 is shit and MS is still going to blow them away.

Misterxmedia is always right.

Elios83

Maybe.....just maybe, he was simply wrong? :D
Previews should be available later tonight as well.
So even people outside RAD knew about today, just not him.

Pre-E3 is always the right time for the "Microsoft has all teh money, they can do whatever they like!!" attitude.
This year things are made even more sensitive for the fact that XB1 is seriously struggling and if they fail to generate hype and sales by the end of this year they'll be in serious troubles with the platform.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Another big budget shooter? Where is the indie love? "PS <3 DEV", I THINK NOT.

I want something creative and not another thing with shooting!

Very interesting indeed

If rumor was that Sunset Overdrive would be delayed, I think people would assume the early unveil was to soften the blow, but we know it's coming this year. That's a big title for MS this year, so that's why people are expecting good stuff from E3. The Order looks to be delayed (rumor of course), so that's what is worrying people when it comes to the E3 conference. Also... concern trolls are rampant with this game and Drive Club, so you just have to expect it.

iceatcs

Well Shinobi knew that info was coming next week, and he was correct, just date was different, that's more than any of us knew.

Well, suppose delay announce coming anytime now.

I dunno if it is the one. I betting it might be cover up if delay true.

Another big budget shooter? Where is the indie love? "PS <3 DEV", I THINK NOT.

I want something creative and not another thing with shooting!
lol shit joke post etc...

I like to remind you that RAD has been very delicate and sneaky about actually showing this game, it makes you wonder why. Will this just end up being a Gears of Werewolves wrapped in this Victorian London realm?.

we already saw a bit of their "presentation" aspect full of QTE stuff mixed with scenes, that was just horrible you already know my infamous views on that.

If Sony really believed in this game, we would see gameplay before E3, but pretty sure they got a scripted "on stage demo" for E3, but will the Final game even deliver that, Last of Us didnt.

And yet The Last of Us still ended up one of the great games of all time.

I'm not sure I see your point. A developer holding its cards close to its chest does not equate to shame or fear in its product.

iceatcs

Looks like Sony is forcing RAD to force out some more unfinished back alley gameplay footage :/

More likely, many weeks old media suppose to show in long time ago. They must be holding a lot of media. I mean there is no media for long time after 2 mins videos and couple artworks/screenshots so far.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Tidux &#8207;@Tidux 19m
So... The E3 lineup had been changed. In a good way #PS4 #GreatnessAwaits

--

Don't know if this related to The Order in any way, but interesting.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Oh damn I'll be at work, gona keep tabs on this topic tough :p

The stream will probably crash and burn anyway (at least for me it will), and I'm sure there will be lots of vines, gifs, short clips and videos in the hours that follow the stream.

My guess would be a technical showcase, showing us the soft-body physics, destruction and lighting effects, with perhaps a new trailer to go along with it. Then at E3, a full stage demo.

If rumor was that Sunset Overdrive would be delayed, I think people would assume the early unveil was to soften the blow, but we know it's coming this year. That's a big title for MS this year, so that's why people are expecting good stuff from E3. The Order looks to be delayed (rumor of course), so that's what is worrying people when it comes to the E3 conference. Also... concern trolls are rampant with this game and Drive Club, so you just have to expect it.

And a few weeks back TLoU : Remastered reveal meant that Sony is keeping the good stuff for E3, because why the heck would you announce a remaster outside E3 when MS is keeping their remaster for E3 and Halo 5 for pre-E3? /s

I always maintain the argument that sometimes, different companies do things differently, and there's all there is to it about that.

Elios83

Tidux &#8207;@Tidux 19m

--

Isn't Tidux the same one about the bold amazing and secret features of firmware 1.7 that totally failed to materialize? But they will eventually! They were just cut out at the last second to make him look wrong :p

Ugh. A third person shooter? Who even likes those? Sony you better give me my princess crown JRPG sequel (and it better be cross buy on vita for FREE...and you better MARKET IT god your marketing is so bad!!! For example there are NO commercials for atelier totori plus vita!!!) for ps4 and you better have star Hana-chan and she better be 14 like mufasa-sama said OR it needs to come with real life dress up dLc or I am selling my console.

Perfect. To a t.

Tidux &#8207;@Tidux 19m

If true, maybe this gameplay was meant to be shown on stage at E3 but was moved to now in order to accomodate more new stuff?

Would fit in with Shinobi not knowing this stuff was going to be shown today.

Spiegel

Well Shinobi knew that info was coming next week, and he was correct, just date was different, that's more than any of us knew.

It's not like knowing someone who knows when embargoes drop is that hard. There are lots of press invited to the preview events or simply that have access to the SCE press site.

One person didn't have to be a RAD "insider" to know that The Order was having new info released next week.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Isn't Tidux the same one about the bold amazing and secret features of firmware 1.7 that totally failed to materialize? But they will eventually! They were just cut out at the last second to make him look wrong :p

I don't know about that, but he keeps posting things on his Twitter related to Sony, the upcoming E3 and more. Some days back, he said that we'll be thinking again if we label the company as Indiestation. Take it with a grain of salt.

And a few weeks back TLoU : Remastered reveal meant that Sony is keeping the good stuff for E3, because why the heck would you announce a remaster outside E3 when MS is keeping their remaster for E3 and Halo 5 for pre-E3? /s

I always maintain the argument that sometimes, different companies do things differently, and there's all there is to it about that.

Well The Last of Us is coming out much sooner than the Halo Collection (possibly next month?), so they'd have to reveal it sooner. And yes, companies do things differently for sure.

On Demand

Banned
Tidux &#8207;@Tidux 19m

--

FFXV and KH3 exclusive
Beast Souls December launch WW
MGS PP timed exclusive
Uncharted 4 Drake's Dreams November launch

x-Lundz-x

I'll take anything I can get from this game. I really would love to see a good gameplay demo to finally see what it really plays like.

RAD are amazing devs and cannot wait to see this.,

No, it's not.

I have nothing against Tidux, but teasers like that mean nothing without context. Because we will have no idea what is it that the change affected in the first place.

At least for Morpheus, the various insider teasers from Verendus/famousmort last year where they said a major thing was moved out of Gamescom could had been corrobated by press rumours of Sony VR that started popping up like mushroom post-Gamescom allowed for us to find out what that major thing was.

Kinyou

"Blink and you'll miss it"

Well at least they know how to set expectations. I imagine it will all fit in one gif.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah.... these so called "Insiiiduuurrrs" with another wrong made-up rumor.
Excuse: "Not even Ready at Dawn knew it.... uhm..... so much to show at E3,
so they're showing it a lot earlier now. TOTALLY last-minute decision, of course!"

.......!

To be fair the original embargo was the 27th.

Elios83

I don't know about that, but he keeps posting things on his Twitter related to Sony, the upcoming E3 and more. Some days back, he said that we'll be thinking again if we label the company as Indiestation. Take it with a grain of salt.

He can write whatever he wants of course, that doesn't mean he's right ;) And considering all the spotlight he got for his revelations about firmware 1.7 which failed to materialize I would take a rock of salt, not just a grain ;) That goes of course both for positive and negative news.
Personally I would question the fact that anyone outside of a few top executives knows about the whole plan for the E3 conference at this stage. These people act like they receive a full list of what's going to be showed with an update every day :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom