• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony TGS Conference 2017 Thread - Hey Dante, will we meet again?

kyser73

so we got a cool teaser, MonHun release date and a bunch of already announced stuff

I simply cannot believe I missed my daughter's first day of primary school and got into a huge fight with the wife just so I could stay and watch this shit...

You've got a lot of grovelling to do, and deservedly so. WTF is wrong with you?

I am starting to think a new DMC is not happening.

r8IF1pb.gif

They will see, we'll fight until eternity.
Come with me, we'll stand and fight together.
Through our strength, we'll make a better day
Tomorrow, we shall never surrender.

Not a great conference although it was a bit better than last year to be sure. ZOE2 VR/4K was a neat surprise to be sure as was early WW release of Monster Hunter.

FF9 was kinda neat but it's just a PC port and the announcement already got leaked.

What the... 7AM? welp, missed it.

Anyone care to tell me if it's worth watching this whole conference on youtube or should I just wait for some sum-up article and watch the trailers?

Wait so this from Sony already happened? What did they announce? Where are the frenzied posts in the most active threads?

Was this as bad as everyone expected?

Ports, a few more details on already known titles, the same Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer for some reason, some funky music and Left Alive - something people are only paying attention to because Yoji Shinkawa is involved. I think that about sums it up.
It wasn't bad if the games here float your boat. I wasn't particularly interested in anything though.

Loudninja

Ports, a few more details on already known titles, the same Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer for some reason, some funky music and Left Alive - something people are only paying attention to because Yoji Shinkawa is involved. I think that about sums it up.
It wasn't bad if the games here float your boat. I wasn't particularly interested in anything though.
Eh?

I thought the conference was good, tons of games shown and announced.

- New Monster Hunter trailer
- Left Alive looked interesting
- FF9, Dragons Crown coming to PS4
- Zone of Enders
- 2 Earth Defense Force games
- New Gundam Game
- 13 Sentinels looked good
- A new Ni No Kuni trailer
- Shadow of the Colossus looked amazing
- Dissida Final Fantasy
- New Virtua On
- Dynasty Warriors looked great
- New Fist of the North Star title
- New Super Massive game Hidden Agenda
- A bunch of new VR titles

They may not have had a bunch of new games but what they showed is a pretty solid line up imo.

klee123

Overall, whilst the games announced were pretty good, I'm just really disappointed that SCEJ had nothing to show.

Other than Gravity Rush 2, Bloodborne and Everybody's Golf, they've pretty much dropped the ball this gen for me.

So I missed this and saw something about Gungrave? I can't seem to find a proper trailer or anything but from what I did see it looks awful different from the old Gungrave anime I watched. Did they say it's a new story or something like that? And it's only for VR if I'm not mistaken? Or is it like a VR enhanced game?

Either way it looks like there was a decent amount of things shown, I'll try and find an archive of the stream when I've got the chance to check it out.

kc44135

I too am disappointed that a new DMC and/or REmake 2 were not shown at TGS, but for those saying a new DMC isn't happening, what do you think Itsuno is working on? Dragon's Dogma, while fantastic, didn't meet Capcom's expectations so I don't see Itsuno working on a sequel for that. Could be a new IP, but his last new IP was Dragon's Dogma... which again, didn't do so hot. Capcom also have said they consider DMC a "healthy franchise", heavily implying a new entry will eventually happen. So for those who doubt all this, what's Itsuno doing?

Nibel

so we got a cool teaser, MonHun release date and a bunch of already announced stuff

I simply cannot believe I missed my daughter's first day of primary school and got into a huge fight with the wife just so I could stay and watch this shit...

uhhhhhhhhh

Can't find info on the Dynasty Warriors 8 limited edition. No news or trailers. Can anyone direct me to info?

EDIT: Ah crap, is it a PS4 that's available in Japan? I thought there was a limited edition physical edition coming.

Kuraudo

Banned
I'm starting to think they're actually holding back DMC until AFTER MHW comes out.

That is Capcom's modus operandi this gen: announce a game at e3, focus market attention on it for the next seven or eight months, release it January/February.

There's no doubt their next major title will be revealed after MHW comes out. The real question is whether that's DMC, REmake 2, Deep Down, something else entirely.

Top Bottom