• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Gamescom Media Briefing On "Release Plans for PlayStation 4"

The livestream will kick off right here at 6.00pm BST/7.00pm CET, with around three hours of pure PlayStation entertainment lined up for the evening. Once the press conference has concluded, please stay on the stream for interviews and new trailers, before our live panel discussion begins at around 8.00pm BST/9.00pm GMT.

Really? Three hours?

Oh man, better get set up for the long haul.

Chobel

NVvpj1w.gif

that was awesome. games after games after games. release date announced. Vita price drop + memory cards price drop. PS+ extra 3 months if you buy 1 year subscription within next month starting friday. Discounts on next gen EA, Acti, and Ubi games if you buy current gen. KZ multiplayer. New Infamous trailer. Resogun with PS+, RIME, Murasaki Baby.

:D

Liberty4all

Banned
That was amazing.

Sony is going balls to the wall indy and F2P with triple AAA mixed in.

Loved what I saw. Xbone seems to be following more traditional model of console gaming with mainly triple A titles .... I felt like there was WAY more variety in Sony's stuff and I LOVE the emphasis on so many F2P

Violater

Hated it.
The producer for one should be tarred and feathered.
I for one am not into Indy games (good for you guys who are) so there was really nothing shown for me.
The KZ mp reveal was extremely lackluster and just reinforces to me that the series will never grip me the way KZ2 did.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can't believe that I can finally post!

Yoshida showing off the UI: Amazing start for the presentation. I knew it was Yoshida before he "confirmed" it Dat hair :3!
Gran Turismo 6 trailer: The first part of the video was very different and artsty. I liked it!
GT Film: I have no idea how this will turn out. Should I be excited or not :lol
LittleBigPlanet HUB: Looks great. It being free can only expand the community - I know a lot of people who will love this!
GTA V + PS3 combo: The Last of Us + PS3-combo sold really well - doing the same thing with GTA IV is a genius choice!
Borderlands 2 on Vita: Did NOT expect this, huge news! I love Borderlands, but I have no Vita :(
$199 Price reduction Vita: This was huge as well, we kinda knew this was going to happen though!
Murasaki Baby: The design is creepy as hell but this looks great.
CERNY!: This guy is so fucking good at speaking... it's like he's manipulating me. It's ridiculous!
Indie-exlusives: WOAH, so many exclusives, good job Sony.
Rime: WOW, WTF IS THIS AND WHY DOES THIS LOOK SO GOOD?! Reminded me of ICO :_:
Resgun: Loved Super Stardust HD, can't wait for this! Didn't look very smooth though... maybe just the video?
Shadow of the Beast: Really big fan of the original game! Hopefully it's a side scroller.
The Playroom: Seems like a waste of HDD-space. A shame that it'll be installed on every PS4.
Infamous: Second Son: Still can't believe how good this looks... launch title? Jesus Christ!
Killzone: Shadow Fall: Multiplayer footage seemed to show lots of customization - something that KZ3 failed with. Good stuff!
In-game music with Music Unlimited: Really looking forward to this feature.
PS+ 14 day trial: Woo! This means DRIVECLUB will essentially be free :3
Assassin's Creed IV + Remote Play: It didn't crash this time around! The actual game looks bad (I don't like AC) but the transition from PS4 to Vita was very smooth... However I wish we could have seen how it works
Watch Dogs: Decent at best. I still think the first footage of the game was the best.
Minecraft: Amazing news. More people need to experience this.
Bash against Microsoft: I laughed, but he's 100% right.
NA: 15 Nov - EU: 29 Nov: Slightly sad that I'll be getting it two weeks later, but hype nonetheless! :D

Overall, really solid conference! 8/10

Its hilarious that there a vocal minority complaining about indies. You want new and different experiences? Indie games are where you are going to find them.

ALL HAIL FAMOUSMORTIMER!!!

The director was an absolute incompetent, the pacing of the conference was terrible and the only new stuff they had was from Indies.
I hope that Sony isn't going to start banking the house on indies, those are cool but come on.

And Assassins Creed 4? What the fuck was that? Please Sony stop bending backwards for Ubisoft and their goddamn shit franchise.

Dinda

I loved a lot of the Indies and stuff that was shown, but damn showing the same games for the 3rd conference again? (1st Party and Ubisoft) At least one big new 1st party announcement should have been there. (SSM, MM, Naughty Dog or something)

Liberty4all

Banned
I posted this over at PA since GAF keeps crashing:

Honestly it feels like Sony is embracing what may very well be the future of gaming ... F2P, indie development (with realistic budgets) ... in a way one could say Sony is hedging their bets against the rising budgets of triple A games.

The happy result of this means way more F2P games available at launch which is a business model I really like, way more variety of games at launch in terms of genres ...

and we still get traditional triple A big budget games too from both third and first party studios. What's not to love about all this?

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
SHADOW OF THE FUCKING BEAST.

The End.

I had goosebumps, and took a pic to prove it. Actually, looks nasty so I won't upload it. But I did, and I did.

Psygnosis and Roger Dean FTMFWB. I played the original before allaya (well, maybe most of ya). Got my prerelease copy at World of Amiga '87.

Shadow of the Mother Fucking Beast. Nice.

Edit: Fuck it, here. Before and 1 minute after goosebumps.

Before any wisecracks, that's my arm.

that was awesome. games after games after games. release date announced. Vita price drop + memory cards price drop. PS+ extra 3 months if you buy 1 year subscription within next month starting friday. Discounts on next gen EA, Acti, and Ubi games if you buy current gen. KZ multiplayer. New Infamous trailer. Resogun with PS+, RIME, Murasaki Baby.

SilentFlyer

Murasaki Baby was the most interesting one on Vita.

Top Bottom