• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Guerilla Games: work on new IP started 2.5 years ago, 'be a bit more patient'

Wolff

I think it will be some TPS/RPG, but idk. I'm really excited to see what these Sony teams come up with in those new IPs. Hopefully we get a great E3 from them.

Gammacide

I'd LOVE to see an RPG from them. They certainly know how to get serious performance from the hardware, but whether they can create a large open-world-type RPG experience is a totally different story. I can only imagine how amazing it would be to see a fantasy RPG from GG and a sci-fi TPS from ND. That would be best case scenario imho. :)

Vibranium

Banned
GG has always been known for their graphical wizardry.

They have to up their game when it comes to writing, story and most importantly; gameplay.

I meant story and gameplay wise. I said that they are awesome at graphics though, sorry for my confusing writing! I edited things to make it more clear.

their gameplay is solid.

Eh, I don't know man. I agree with Kyoufu. They are wizards when it comes to art design and graphics, but KZSF just left me wanting so much more in the gameplay and story department. There was a good story in that game somewhere waiting to be told, but it was delivered poorly with a sub-par script and voice acting. I know people love KZSF's multiplayer, but I thought the campaign was average to mediocre at best. The freefall level was just terrible. Some of the level designs were confusing as hell. And they also managed to make an end game section worse than the Radec fight in Killzone 2. How is that possible? Finishing KZSF was more of a test of patience for me than anything else and I was relieved when the credits finally rolled.

Some of the level designs were confusing as hell.

The level design was definitely my biggest issue with SF. There were some definite high points like
the section where you're first on the Helghan side
, but in general I thought it was a let down. The freefall level as you side was awful, and just the actual freefall, but what came immediately afterwards.

With that said, I do appreciate that they went with a more open design for the levels instead of adding yet another linear shooter to the market. Even if it didn't turn out as i'd hoped, it's still better than going down that tired path.

Eh, I don't know man. I agree with Kyoufu. They are wizards when it comes to art design and graphics, but KZSF just left me wanting so much more in the gameplay and story department. There was a good story in that game somewhere waiting to be told, but it was delivered poorly with a sub-par script and voice acting. I know people love KZSF's multiplayer, but I thought the campaign was average to mediocre at best. The freefall level was just terrible. Some of the level designs were confusing as hell. And they also managed to make an end game section worse than the Radec fight in Killzone 2. How is that possible? Finishing KZSF was more of a test of patience for me than anything else and I was relieved when the credits finally rolled.
The freefall and energy core sections were fairly unimaginative but they were a small part of the whole game. The battles with AI and utilizing the owl is what makes the gameplay fantastic, and that is what makes up the majority of the game. In regards to the Radec fight, no.....just no. Radec fight is one of the best boss fight in a FPS

Top Bottom