• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's TGS2012 lineup

OMG they're making a sequel? :O

11336.gif

Probably with the other half of the series, I'm assuming. I'm cool with that.

Is more like a remake/new version actually, it has the same story mode plus the second half of the series too, new characters, etc

bud23

Assassin's Creed III Lady Liberty,nice name.

This game will be one of my purchases this fall for sure.I hope to see extended gameplay at TGS.

Is more like a remake/new version actually, it has the same story mode plus the second half of the series too, new characters, etc

Ah cool. That's pretty nice for people who haven't played the first one. If that's the case, I wonder if our DLC will carry over as well or if it will be included right from the get go.

Pranay

0% - Chances of PS4

10% - Versus being shown lol

20% - FF X HD Shown

30% - Last Guardian Shown

40% - New PS3 To be shown

50% - New IP for PS3

60% - Old IP shown again

70% - New PS3 Game shown

80% - New Vita games shown

90% - One big ip moneyhatted shown

100% - Sony wins TGS IGN Report

Hanmik

0% - Chances of PS4

10% - Versus being shown lol

20% - FF X HD Shown

30% - Last Guardian Shown

40% - New PS3 To be shown

50% - New IP for PS3

60% - Old IP shown again

70% - New PS3 Game shown

80% - New Vita games shown

90% - One big ip moneyhatted shown

100% - Sony wins TGS IGN Report

you forgot,.,.. 100% that at least 1 gaffer will be banned in the TGS Sony thread. (when the show goes live)

Defuser

If Sony doesn't have anything up their sleeves for Vita I will rage.

What the fuck happen to their second Vita game heaven? It's been nearly 3 months now.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If Sony doesn't have anything up their sleeves for Vita I will rage.

What the fuck happen to their second Vita game heaven? It's been nearly 3 months now.

A separate event doesnt make sense anymore with TGS being held in a couple of weeks.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Not bad, hadn't heard of malicious rebirth before, looks pretty good.

That's not a trailer for Malicious Rebirth at all, that's the trailer for the normal version that's already on PSN. It even has the PS3 logo at the end and R1 prompt during combat.

It IS great though, looking forward to whenever Alvion chooses to bring it stateside. (Hopefully not too long again.)

Edit: Vita port is looking just as good though.

Those trailers are from the ps3 version, this is malicious rebirth for vita
http://andriasang.com/con22u/malicious_screens/

Well you can read it two ways:

1. Sony had nothing new to actually show at the game heaven
2. Sony thought TGS wasn't looking that great, and amalgamated any game heaven announcements

This is silly, the list in the OP is playable stuff, it doesn't imply that nothing else will be announced, there's no doubt they will reveal new games.

Perhaps, but as Duckroll said...the PR usually (always) lists 'unannounced titles' to drum up some hype.

duckroll

I'm not suggesting there are no announcements, but rather that Sony is trying to be evasive this time as to the exact number of playable games there are for each platform. It could mean they have nothing, or it could mean they don't want the competition to know what they have until the event is much closer. We'll see.

duckroll

Oh, and I should probably note that the press release itself also mentions that in total there will be "over 50 playable titles across all three platforms including unannounced titles". On the current list I think there are 40+ titles (someone feel free to actually count them again). So there are definitely several titles which aren't announced yet.

Press release: http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/120904.html

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Perfect time to announce titles like Killzone and CoD Declassified for the Japanese audience.

We really need to know how Soul Sacrifice and PSO2 play on the Vita.
I really hope RSG is on the case and will let us know.
I'm counting on you guys!

duckroll

We really need to know how Soul Sacrifice and PSO2 play on the Vita.
I really hope RSG is on the case and will let us know.
I'm counting on you guys!

Wasn't Soul Sacrifice already demo'd on the Vita when it was announced? I think we all know how it plays...

Takao

Banned
There will be some announcements(for vita)?

Yes.

Wasn't Ni-Oh announced in 2004? Versus and TLG got nothing on the true vaporware king.

Hasn't KT recently said they're finally making progress on it? lol

I imagine them not listing games like God of War, The Last of US or even the two SCEJ PSN games they announced is because they haven't announced them for Japan yet and soon there will be a teaser site for each? :p

Puppeteer isn't a PSN game, but both it, and Rain have already been announced for Japan.

The Gamescom announcements not announced for Japan yet have been Until Dawn, Killzone Mercenary, Tearaway, and some Wonderbook stuff. I imagine they'll do Tearaway and Killzone Mercenary later as those are 2013 releases. Wonderbook stuff has been announced for Japan, but no specific titles. Until Dawn probably won't be released there.

So is the list final, or could there be more games announced?

There will be more games announced. Not all games will be playable on the show floor. Some will be video only.

Wasn't Soul Sacrifice already demo'd on the Vita when it was announced? I think we all know how it plays...

Is there a podcast out there that describes how it feels on the Vita? If so I would love to hear it.
This and Dragon Crown are my most anticipated games for the Vita. I really hope it gets localized and comes to the west early next year.

Takao

Banned
Is there a podcast out there that describes how it feels on the Vita? If so I would love to hear it.
This and Dragon Crown are my most anticipated games for the Vita. I really hope it gets localized and comes to the west early next year.

Both of those games were announced for western release. Dragon's Crown is just in some development hell right now.

So if no other PSVita announcements are made (as Duckroll alluded to), is that list any good for the East?

No, there aren't any system sellers, or any games that are guaranteed to sell over 300k. PSO2 and SS have the biggest potentials but are unknowns and will need lots of marketing and luck to catch on. They need to money hat a couple of big 3rd party franchises from SE and Capcom, as well as have GT show up there.

EDIT:

I also think they will confirm TLOU, Beyond, and GOW:A for Japan at TGS.

duckroll

Level 5 MUST show something for PS3...Ni No Kuni was released almost a year ago so development for a potential new PS3 game must have started long before that.

Or they just refocused all their manpower into more portable games which actually make them money...

Top Bottom