• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's TGS2012 lineup

There was no livestream last year either, you had to rely on liveblog and tweets to get info and let's be honest a fuckton of info was released last year.

But yeah, there'd actually be no point in livestreaming something that is happening at 5am in the morning.

No, Sony have livestreamed their TGS press conference for the last two years now.

Mario007

No, there was a Japanese livestream last year. I distinctly remember them spending an insane amount of time demoing Vita's OS, and my heart jumping when I heard the Final Fantasy theme to reveal an HD remix that will never be released.

No, Sony have livestreamed their TGS press conference for the last two years now.

Really? Damn. I was stuck following IGN's liveblog...damn, that's depressing.

I'm hoping we get the first footage of FFX-HD for Vita at this event, as well as some new surprises. Would be nice to see some more JRPG's announced for the system as well as some quirky smaller titles for PSN/PlayStation Mobile.

omonimo

Banned
Curious to see what hell sony waiting to announce the new ps3 slim in time for christimas... it's pretty obvious without that the end of the year will be a fukcing disaster for her.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm hoping we get the first footage of FFX-HD for Vita at this event, as well as some new surprises. Would be nice to see some more JRPG's announced for the system as well as some quirky smaller titles for PSN/PlayStation Mobile.

I'd be surprised if FFX HD exists at all.

Mario007

Curious to see what hell sony waiting to announce the new ps3 slim in time for christimas... it's pretty obvious without that the end of the year will be a fukcing disaster for her.

PS3 slim is pretty much confirmed for the TGS, retailers are already getting the stock of those units.

Mario007

I'm going to be very grumpy if it doesn't. Shouldn't be a hard port at all. My only concern is the FMV's.

I don't think anyone at square is working on it yet. I'd imagine there's a small team with a couple of outside studios working on Versus, the DQX team, Nomura running around and everyone else working on FFXIV.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm going to be very grumpy if it doesn't. Shouldn't be a hard port at all. My only concern is the FMV's.

At this point I'm more inclined to believe that this is a "PS2 Classic" re-release on the PS Store rather than anything that would require effort on Square's part. But I'd love for them to prove me wrong.

Is Square the only company that company that can't make a HD port of one game when everyone else has been pumping them out ( cue Konami jokes)?

Mario007

Is Square the only company that company that can't make a HD port of one game when everyone else has been pumping them out ( cue Konami jokes)?

They did release Tomb Raider trilogy and will soon be releasing Hitman (they're Square titles and IPs now so I'm including them). I think it's the case of what I've said above, everyone at SE is busy with FFXIV.

RaijinFY

They did release Tomb Raider trilogy and will soon be releasing Hitman (they're Square titles and IPs now so I'm including them). I think it's the case of what I've said above, everyone at SE is busy with FFXIV.

I think he was talking exclusively of the japanese side of SE.

Mario007

Yeah sorry. I know about Eidos.

Well those Eidos titles were upscaled by outside developers as far as I know, so there's no reason why Square Japan couldn't give it to them as well, after all it probably was Wada's call to get the old classics upscaled. It's just that probably people in Square Japan are reluctant to have outside devs working on FF and everyone at Square is busy.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
There was no livestream last year either, you had to rely on liveblog and tweets to get info and let's be honest a fuckton of info was released last year.

But yeah, there'd actually be no point in livestreaming something that is happening at 5am in the morning.

They've had a livestream the past few years... Japanese only though, no subs or translation.

Squire

Banned
At this point I'm more inclined to believe that this is a "PS2 Classic" re-release on the PS Store rather than anything that would require effort on Square's part. But I'd love for them to prove me wrong.

If it's not at TGS as a surprise, I'd give up and settle for this. I'd prefer the International version, but if I'm desperate enough to accept it as a PS2 Claasic. I suppose I'm not very picky to start.

Noone annouces price drop 2-3 months in advance because it would ruin sales.

Tratorn

SCEJ has yet to announce their press conference. SCEE jumped them, lol.

Ah yes you're right. Didn't realize this is from eu-blog (SCEE) and not SCEJ:

The day before doors open, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan will be holding a press conference in downtown Tokyo from 5.00am BST (1.00pm Japan time). Unlike Gamescom, we won’t be hosting a livestream of the event, however, any earlybirds will be able to read about all the key announcements right here on the PlayStation Blog after the show finishes. What’s more, I’ll be on the ground live-Tweeting proceedings via @PlayStationEU.

But what does the tgs have to do with SCEE?
Are you sure they aren't talking for SCE in general in this case or did they live stream it last year by themself?

Well, I still have hope for a live-stream then.

Takao

Banned
But what does the tgs have to do with SCEE?
Are you sure they aren't talking for SCE in general in this case or did they live stream it last year by themself?

Well, I still have hope for a live-stream then.

As mentioned earlier, there were streams in years past, but just Japanese streams. No subs, or a dub or anything. The SCEE dude is just going there to report back for the European PlayStation Blog to tailor the announcements related to things coming to Europe. SCEA will do the same.

Top Bottom