• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur VI announced for Xbox One/PC/PS4

Sophitias feet and ankles look terrible, after her armor shatters. As bad as the bare foot DoA5 girls look.
I wish they'd take that armor breaking stuff out of the game. In particular, it ruins previously good looking created character designs on a regular basis.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Sophitias feet and ankles look terrible, after her armor shatters. As bad as the bare foot DoA5 girls look.
I wish they'd take that armor breaking stuff out of the game. In particular, it ruins previously good looking created character designs on a regular basis.

Feet and ankles?

Feet and ankles?

Yeah, like this

giphy.gif

This kind of unsightliness is less obvious to me, when characters have shoes or boots etc on.
Unless Cinderella is in this game, footwear shouldnt shatter like glass anyway.

subsmoke

New gameplay video featuring returning characters Nightmare, Xianghua and Kilik as well as a new character named Groh. He seems to be the new character shown at the end of the announcement trailer from December.

I don't know about you guys but I can't wait for this. I love me some Soul Calibur.

Last edited:
I saw the video thumbnail and thought Raiden from MGS was a guest character for a minute. Had to read your post to be disappointed.

Last edited:

subsmoke

Hey you never know, maybe he will be. I'd say he fits in with the series pretty well. Better than Star Wars characters anyway.

Soul Cailbur VI - Gameplay Preview and Interview with producer Okubo | PS4

:|

I'd love if they stopped using that DOF during gameplay. It looks bad and it's distracting. Also, stop making the ground break EVERYTIME a character falls, just to have the ground pretty as new in a few seconds. Yes, I know this happens in almost every 3D fighter nowadays.

Pejo

I love when twinblades make it in to a game. They're so impractical but damn if they're not cool. Especially when they split apart.

Like the new character, am pumped my main Kilik made it in. Day 1 for sure.

Muchacho

It always was. Imagine samurai. His face.
Yo dawg. If you imagine badass looking samurai, you should be thinking Mitsurugi. But that aint what I'm seeing in SC6. I feel like he's getting the same cg treatment as Superman's face got in Justice League.
I still have hope though.
Since the original Soul Edge / Soulcalibur I've always believed that someday ingame Mitsurugi's face would look like this.
How difficult could it be to find that 3d model and up the poligon count on that mofo.
e687e34a8a69697a8f519fef2f16f9bc--samurai-fighting-poses.jpg
latest
maxresdefault.jpg

subsmoke

Here's more new gameplay footage. Ivy and Zasalamel are confirmed.

Ivy's fighting style is really cool and I gotta say I'm surprised they didn't cover her up at all with all the criticism from the social justice crowd over female characters in skimpy outfits. If anything it looks like they went in the opposite direction. The Japanese truly give no fucks.

Top Bottom