• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta Import Impressions Thread

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
ibaVarlPxpsNFY.png
ilDFRK9YuUkpG.png

ibvXotrmOhWsb2.png

• Third Faction “Grimm” Joins the Game
    Apart from “Avalon” which is formed secretly and hold its faith in “Sacrificing” and “Sanctuary” which believes in “Saving”, “Grimm”, the third faction which denies both and leaves everything to “Destiny”, is new to the game.

Not only are the system and gameplay evolved and extended with the new “Grimm”, the deep, original story that was well-received in the prequel has also been expanded.

Here's a quick and dirty translation of the summary of all factions, including the way joining each will affect the gameplay. (Source)
    Avalon
    Motto: "Sacrifice all monsters, fix the world." (Get one-shot killed by ten star rats.)
    Battle results: Rewards based on the sacrifices. (I'm guessing the more you sacrifice, the better stuff you'll get)
    Sacrifice: Replenishes offerings.
    Saving: Recovers HP.
    Leaving to luck: Boosts attack power.

Sanctuary
    Motto: Save everything. Compassion for everything that lives. (What a bunch of wimps)
    Battle results: Rewards based on saving.
    Sacrifice: Recovers HP.
    Saving: Replenishes offerings.
    Leaving to luck: Boosts healing power.

Grimm
    Motto: Be neutral. Put a stop to legends, make humans control the world. (They make surprisingly lot of sense).
    Battle results: Fixed rewards, but additional ones possible if you're lucky!
    Sacrifice & Saving: Recovers HP.
    Leaving to luck: Replenishes offerings, increases max HP.
  • Brand New Monsters
    Apart from 40 monsters that appeared in “SOUL SACRIFICE”, more new monsters are added! The fairytale characters that everybody knows including “Little Red-Cap”, “Snow White”, and “Cinderella” will run wild in “SOUL SACRIFICE Delta”’s own way of interpretation. New AI and moves will be added to the existing monsters, causing them to attack the sorcerers in more brutal ways.
  • Regarding the data transfer limits from SS:
    - Up to 10 offerings of one type.
    - Up to 10 Souls/Sprits of one type.
    - You can transfer most of the outfits (no details on the transfer screen).
    - The "Angel" forbidden art can't be transferred.
    - Up to 10000 tears can be transferred.
    - Name is transferred.
    - Level IS NOT transferred, but you get "Rumor pages" to increase the xp gain.
    - There are limits for quests but it's A LOT of text.
    - Seals unlocked in the previous game are unlocked once you reach a certain part in the story.

iC44yp3lPHqfl.png

^Launch trailer.

Credits:
Thanks to baekshi for the pictures and about half of the OP.

baekshi

Banned
Was in middle of making it ;p

Anyway, that's better since I didn't have translations.

I'll send you a PM.

I'm hoping this game expanded more upon the absolutely delicious and amazing lore and designs and didn't just make it more like Monster Hunter.

Shengar

Motto: "Sacrifice all monsters, fix the world." (Get one-shot killed by ten star rats.)
R3DpeE1.gif

====
I've seen Soul Sacrifice Delta on the PSN webstore and almost shit brick. Then I realized that it was PSN Asia webstore that I saw :(

One question though, does essence or/and Sigils transferred from original SS save file?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
lol so much for not having time to do a thread eh hasemo?

better you than me! :D

gonna boot mine up in a sec.

I'm hoping this game expanded more upon the absolutely delicious and amazing lore and designs and didn't just make it more like Monster Hunter.

If you knew what you were talking about, it would be quite obvious as its impossible for them to even be anything like monster hunter asides from running and screaming from giant monsters due to how the gameplay mechanics work. While its part of the same genre the game design is totally different. It stands on its own as its not really like any of the other titles out there.

maouvin

Probably too early to ask, but any changes on offerings? Can I still spam throwing magic, and crush everything with flies?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Comes with a code to access it when it becomes available.

*Not my pic
tumblr_inline_n1u6emwSQH1svqzi2.jpg
Yeah, it's there. The code doesn't work yet (obviously).

Too bad that the game resets your level, but at least leaving everything to destiny is a very easy way to get to lv 50/50.
NkUezhs.jpg

4 things that are good to know about SS Delta:
- NPCs are quite useful and strong (my Merlin and Lancelot from vanilla SS have gold offerings), they even pick up items in the collect items quests.
- No more infinite enemy respawns (easy farming) in the collect items quests.
- Sometimes a snail-like enemies appear during quests. Killing them nets A LOT of xp.
- Even if you've transferred from vanilla SS you need to do the new short starting quest line to unlock most of the features.

If you knew what you were talking about, it would be quite obvious as its impossible for them to even be anything like monster hunter asides from running and screaming from giant monsters due to how the gameplay mechanics work. While its part of the same genre the game design is totally different. It stands on its own as its not really like any of the other titles out there.

I wasn't attacking the game so ease up on the passive aggressive bullshit. I have my SS copy in my Vita and adore the game. I was just concerned due to interviews and feedback in threads that it was going more in that sort of direction and that the lore might suffer as a result.

nampad

What, they changed what you get from sacrificing/saving and it is now based on your faction? Liked the old mechanic a lot and I am not sure about this change.

Is there a new campaign or is it just the old one with more levels? Can you elaborate what you mean by transferable quests and seals?

Ogawa-san

What, they changed what you get from sacrificing/saving and it is now based on your faction? Liked the old mechanic a lot and I am not sure about this change.
Anything's an improvement over "good guys" getting no offering charges.

You're still pigeon-holed into whatever you decided beforehand, but...

nampad

Anything's an improvement over "good guys" getting no offering charges.

You're still pigeon-holed into whatever you decided beforehand, but...

I played a 1/99 character and thought it was interesting that you had to depend on blood offerings when soloing. Most of the endgame is played with maxed levels anyway so sacrificing for more offerings wasn't that bad.

Changing what you get from the boss from the overall vote outcome to your own vote would be great though.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yeah, it's there. The code doesn't work yet (obviously).

Too bad that the game resets your level, but at least leaving everything to destiny is a very easy way to get to lv 50/50.
NkUezhs.jpg

4 things that are good to know about SS Delta:
- NPCs are quite useful and strong (my Merlin and Lancelot from vanilla SS have gold offerings), they even pick up items in the collect items quests.
- No more infinite enemy respawns (easy farming) in the collect items quests.
- Sometimes a snail-like enemies appear during quests. Killing them nets A LOT of xp.
- Even if you've transferred from vanilla SS you need to do the new short starting quest line to unlock most of the features.

For myself good that everything is reset since totally forgot what the hell I was doing in the game. lol

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Had great 3 hours worth of mp questing with Expel and Kyoufu yesterday.

Since everyone gets the xp type they choose when sacrificing/saving/leaving to destiny, there's no more discussions about what to do with a boss after killing it, which makes the process much smoother and fair to everyone.

Some screenshots from yesterday (terribly compressed - blame Vita):
The last 2 screenshots show expel using "Shout" magic near the golem, which breaks it into a group of super cute (but slow and weak) little golems who run after the boss and attack it.

Kyoufu

This game is awesome. The Save/Sacrifice fixes improve the game immensely.

No more majority vote BS. No more Save magic stock blue balls.

Finished the first quest line for Red Hood. I forgot how much I dug the Japanese writing.

Tis a shame that the English version of Vanilla made everything so bland. ='(

Shengar

Finished the first quest line for Red Hood. I forgot how much I dug the Japanese writing.

Tis a shame that the English version of Vanilla made everything so bland. ='(

How so? I'm intrigued by this, so is it Cerberus story is more flavorful in the Japanese version?

test_account

XP-39C²
Can you transfer over all soul and life essences from the first game? Those LE++ and SE++ etc. you get from defeating bosses and enemies.

Delta is looking pretty good so far. Loving the new spells, and the new bosses are great. I think soul sacrifice has the coolest enemy designs out of all the hunting genre games. Love the lore as well. Depending on when it comes out in NA, I'll pick it up. The only thing I wish they done was make the game look better with native res. If toukiden can do it, I think soul sacrifice can pull it off if they tried.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Delta is looking pretty good so far. Loving the new spells, and the new bosses are great. I think soul sacrifice has the coolest enemy designs out of all the hunting genre games. Love the lore as well. Depending on when it comes out in NA, I'll pick it up. The only thing I wish they done was make the game look better with native res. If toukiden can do it, I think soul sacrifice can pull it off if they tried.
I agree that Toukiden looks really clean, but come on, you can't seriously compare stuff that is going at once on screen in both of those games.

test_account

XP-39C²
Yeah, there's no limit to soul types iirc, just the number.
I see, thanks for the info :) So are there any disadvantages of only being able to transfer over 10 of each type? Its been a while since i've played Soul Sacrifice, but i cant remember that many Sigils needed more than 10 soul types to unlock. Maybe someone needed more than 10 when it comes to enemy soul/life esscenses, but not the bosses, right?

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Did they ever fix the framerate issues during multiplayer? So much stuff happening on screen would bring this game down to a chug.

I agree that Toukiden looks really clean, but come on, you can't seriously compare stuff that is going at once on screen in both of those games.

I agree with you as well, soul sacrifice does have a lot more going on. I just want dat native res, really shows how nice vita games can look. Hell, I'll even take some downgraded graphics for native res. Anyways not talking down on soul sacrifice, as I love the game. That one trailer I saw with the new spells look fucking amazing.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
The game hasn't changed resolution, but man. Filtering on ground textures makes a heck of a difference for clarity.

Shengar

This instance is very rare, but once, the framerate dropped almost to single digit when a Harrowhalf appeared with the potal animation right in front of me just after entered the area. So yeah, with Soul Sacrifice is necessary evil since you can't afford any perfomance drop during big hunts.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
For anyone who transferred the save and wants to see the new ending:
Clear the whole Grimm quest line, which will unlock the alternative quest line leading to the ending.
I still have a few to go, but the alternative story is really great so far.

Regarding multiplayer, to set the "Quests up to 15 stars" room setting or join a room with it set, you need to clear the alternative ending.
Which is kind of neat, I guess, since it will keep low level players away.

baekshi

Banned
For anyone who transferred the save and wants to see the new ending:
Clear the whole Grimm quest line, which will unlock the alternative quest line leading to the ending.
I still have a few to go, but the alternative story is really great so far.

Regarding multiplayer, to set the "Quests up to 15 stars" room setting or join a room with it set, you need to clear the alternative ending.
Which is kind of neat, I guess, since it will keep low level players away.
Do you know if DLC from SS carried over, the DLC costumes in Japanese version or SSxT DLC?

I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive, I thought with Nippon-Yasan - it did arrive within 48 hours using Fedex..Its not even shipped.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Do you know if DLC from SS carried over, the DLC costumes in Japanese version or SSxT DLC?

I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive, I thought with Nippon-Yasan - it did arrive within 48 hours using Fedex..Its not even shipped.
The monsters from the DLC quests are now incorporated into sidequests, so no dlc quests.
Sadly, crossover dlc outfits are non-transferable as well.

Btw., Delta has microtransactions...
Normally, to create a random quest line (with a reward for completing it all etc.) you must sacrifice 5 of your offerings. Anything is fine, both level and type don't matter.
BUT you can also buy a "lump of souls" (1 for 100 yen, 6 for 500 yen) which allow you to create quests without losing any offerings.
Truth be told, since completing 1 quests often nets you more than 5 offerings and one blank page has a few quests, there's no need to pay real money, but yeah, it's there.

RalchAC

This instance is very rare, but once, the framerate dropped almost to single digit when a Harrowhalf appeared with the potal animation right in front of me just after entered the area. So yeah, with Soul Sacrifice is necessary evil since you can't afford any perfomance drop during big hunts.

And keep in mind they've probably build the game around the original Soul Sacrifice. It has been done in a year (or less) and it looks like it added quite a lot of content. They probably didn't have a lot of time to tweak their engine and optimize the game.

I didn't expect an important difference in the visuals. If we see a bump in resolution it'll be in SS2 (if Delta sales are decent enough to greenlight the project).

Top Bottom