• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice: Famitsu review details

Trigonx

Man, this is such a bummer... Thanks for the quick answer tho!

Actually, how long does the whole account changing process take on a vita?

Took me longer to actually make my Japanese PSN account than to switch over to the Japanese account. It only takes several minutes, but the downside is that when switching back to your main account the bubble icons are no longer in the spot you had placed them at. They get scrambled up.

Took me longer to actually make my Japanese PSN account than to switch over to the Japanese account. It only takes several minutes, but the downside is that when switching back to your main account the bubble icons are no longer in the spot you had placed them at. They get scrambled up.
Thanks!
Well, I have one main account with all my friends, which isn't a japanese account. Is there a way to play games from the japanese PSN with people on the other account. Any way?

BadWolf

Sounds excellent.

Seems they put a lot of effort into this one entry, like its their only chance. The game sounds very complete in every aspect (visuals, music, gameplay).

Still, you would think maybe the the Monster Hunter demographic might like a more darker vibe. Except for the Hello Kitty crossover and that cat village spinoff game. So maybe you're right.

Why would they? I don't understand your theory there. They might like a darker vibe because?

The Japanese love dark/horror themes what you talking about?

Certain sections of society do and certain things are popular, sure.

If the game plays really, really great (if it's a new hit like MH was at it's time), word to word spread will make the game sells regardless of artstyle.

At least I still think gamers should care about gameplay first, but seeing that shitty topic about lolis, I'm not really sure anymore.

We all have our limits, though some people set them absurdly short (I still can't fathom skipping FFXIII-2 on that alone, none of the characters I can think of are truly bad offenders there.)

Well, if they're trying to win over the more hardcore crowd it's a step in the right direction, but it's really not enough except maybe getting more of the very core brought in. if it's really good anyway.

Exactly, it has to be a) good b) good enough to spread word of mouth strong enough to get people to bite c) appeal to a wide enough audience to do so in the first place.

Maybe college students will be into it, but I just can't see it being popular with younger audiences, which make up the bulk of handheld gaming.

sphinx

the piano man
can we believe that "25 hour single player campaign" comment??.... that's impressive for a non-RPG game in 2013, but I really don't believe it.

BadWolf

can we believe that "25 hour single player campaign" comment??.... that's impressive for a non-RPG game in 2013, but I really don't believe it.

Wouldn't be surprised since they have been focusing on the story aspect of the game since day 1.

God Eater Burst did it easily with its single player (which also had a story, unlike MH), it was well over 20 hours iirc.

Cha

Which demographic do you think owns a Vita right now (inb4 "No one")? 8 year olds?

I wonder too. I remember a lot of Vitadads popping up in the old Vita megethread:p

Anyway, this from the Media create Sales thread. Thought it should be here too:

Anyone want to translate this? http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/6950007.html

It seems Inafune is finally talking about Soul Sacrifice vs Monster Hunter.
This is a paraphrased interview from the Twitter guy.

"It's a plus that people think Soul Sacrifice is copying Monster Hunter. Because they have an interest in the title. We took the good parts from MH, but you will feel the differences when you play. Because we know you will see the difference, we have confidently taken the good parts from MH. You'll understand when you play."

Also

"The reason that real software isn't coming out for Vita is because business men are making all the decisions. If you are a creator, there is no question you would choose to make games for Vita. Because that is where the real interesting stuff is. If the games are interesting, the hardware will sell."

Maedhros

Can you guys keep the sales trash out of this thread, please? There's lots of threads to discuss or doom the Vita situation already.

Takao

Banned
I wonder too. I remember a lot of Vitadads popping up in the old Vita megethread:p

Yeah, I'm not saying the game's art style won't turn some people away. You don't need to be a kid to feel that way, nor are kids exclusively the handheld audience, especially in Japan.

If COD was decent enough we could have found out what demographic owns a Vita :<

AFAIK, COD sold pretty well on Vita besides being a major turd. It probably sold better than AC3: L (over 600K) and Uncharted GA. It's highly likely that it's the best selling retail vita game

Gravijah

"-Dying and being sacrificed is still fun and does not affect rewards."

I thought those who we were sacrificed lose out on rewards? Was this changed? Or maybe I misread in the past?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
"-Dying and being sacrificed is still fun and does not affect rewards."

I thought those who we were sacrificed lose out on rewards? Was this changed? Or maybe I misread in the past?
In the demo, you don't lose out on general end level rewards, but if it's a boss you died on, you lose out on saving or sacrificing their soul, which you need for some recipes.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Downloading this as soon as it hits the Japanese store.

gryz

Banned
the real question is do I buy this when I'm in tokyo next month or wait a couple weeks longer for the US version?

Kyon

Banned
the real question is do I buy this when I'm in tokyo next month or wait a couple weeks longer for the US version?

Please buy the double pack in JP and a copy in the US. We need this to be in as many hands as possible

nasos_333

-It might be "another hunting game" but it is overflowing with originality.
-Single player is fun in its own right, but multiplayer is where the game really shines. The more the merrier!

It was going well and then i saw the last two comments

This game is not for me apparently, i thought it was a proper RPG with cities etc or like Dark Souls

Also i dont game online

Eusis

Who've largely stuck with PSP or moved to 3DS.
If they stuck with their PSP there's a chance to win them over and bring them to Vita. It's kind of something you need to do with a generational shift afterall, as I doubt most PS2 players were immediately on PS3, and had yet to get a 360 either.

Hell, it's probably easier to convince 3DS owners to also get a Vita than it was to convince 360/PS3 owners to get the other system, that's mainly the realm of the hardcore (like much of us) who want access to everything.

Top Bottom