• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice: Famitsu review details

test_account

XP-39C²
Sounds great indeed! :) Definitelly getting this at day one in Europe. I'm currently playing Earth Defence Force 2017 Portable and i love the online co-op.

Really hope this does well so we can get more studios to make games for the Vita.

Seems that based on recent news, games do sell well on Vita, as long as devs/pubs keep their expectations tempered. Atlus, Ubisoft and many indie studios have reported healthy profits on Vita.

I couldn't care less what Famitsu says, but this has been looking excellent from day one. I'm much more interested in NeoGAF itself's impressions. So far it's another one to watch out for when I finally get a Vita. :)

Been wanting to see more

Edit: Need to register. Never gonna figure that out!

The page is in english, it should be easy to register. Select english at the bottom of the main page, search for the japanese flag. The Soul Sacrifice part of the program is probably 30 minutes away, you have time to register!.

Afrit

The page is in english, it should be easy to register. Select english at the bottom of the main page, search for the japanese flag. The Soul Sacrifice part of the program is probably 30 minutes away, you have time to register!.

oh,
I was wondering what's going on, they don't even have PSVitas but 360 controllers instead!

Don't know Japanese, so I might be interpreting it wrong, but it looks like the schedule says 22:00. Will keep an eye out anyway :D

The programas started at 20:00 japanese time, it has been on air for 32 minutes, they are playing Phantom Breaker, after that I think it's Ultraman and finally Soul Sacrifice. If you get kicked out of the stream, just click on the link avobe again.

Cha

So they fought 2 Jack-o-lanterns, and a Griffin (so far). I like
the blinding magic that Griffin used. That was interesting. But I'm a bit disappointed that Griffin seems to be a reskinned Harpy. Could have varied it's movement a little more :/
Was still a great battle though :D This game is going to be awesome!

Edit: Everything is the awesomeness!

DrFurbs

I really want this game.. Not sure if I can justify spending £200 on a Vita tho just did it. Seriously would love one and I love MH type games so this would be right up my street.

DrFurbs

I'm a bit concerned about the level of or lack of character customisation in this game. You can customise your load outs (6 spells) but there appears to be little in the way of meaningful armour/clothing customization other than visual appearances. I think this is where MH excels and differentiates itself from most hunting games. Unless I'm wrong but I can't find any hard info on this aspect. Is there any crafting as well?

AlexM

now is this a game I can buy in Japan and be able to understand with an elementary level of Japanese?

For reference, Gravity Rush was a little tough. I basically get the jist of the story.

Does anyone know if it will be possible to "Preorder" the PSN ver of this game to get the preorder bonuses? Or is that retail only?

Is the Japanese ver like this?

PerZona

Anyone importing this? Think it will be too hard to play for someone that does not speak Japanese?

I think it should be ok. Games like this are pretty straight forward, same with Monster Hunter.

Or why not waiting for the English version? Since it's only like a month away till the English version.

Been waiting for this one, I love Golden, MGS HD, and The Show, but I couldn't get into Gravity Rush, and the only original game for the Vita I have really enjoyed is UC...so tbis is very welcome.

Lagunamov

I'm a bit concerned about the level of or lack of character customisation in this game. You can customise your load outs (6 spells) but there appears to be little in the way of meaningful armour/clothing customization other than visual appearances. I think this is where MH excels and differentiates itself from most hunting games. Unless I'm wrong but I can't find any hard info on this aspect. Is there any crafting as well?

Did you try the demo? You can customise your character, your clothing and it has properties.

Maedhros

There's no crafting per se... but lots of customization that comes from seals too.

In order to make new Seals, you need to gather a certain amount of two types of "materials": Aura (気)and Spirit (魂). The Subjugation Seal, for example, needs 3 Goblin Spirits and 3 Orc Spirits before it becomes available. And you get those by killing enemies.

More infos (from the demo) on this site:

https://sites.google.com/site/soulsacrificeguide/

There's no crafting per se... but lots of customization that comes from seals too.

In order to make new Seals, you need to gather a certain amount of two types of "materials": Aura (気)and Spirit (魂). The Subjugation Seal, for example, needs 3 Goblin Spirits and 3 Orc Spirits before it becomes available. And you get those by killing enemies.

More infos (from the demo) on this site:

https://sites.google.com/site/soulsacrificeguide/

Holy shit. This would make playing the import a lot easier...

Im waiting for my copy from play asia this week. Playing the demo was pretty easy and this game would give me a reason to get familiar with the Japanese language a lil. I say go for it.

Cool, quick question. Do I need a separate memory card if I am getting the cart version? Or can I just use me US one?

danthefan

I am so getting this once it's out in Europe.

I don't normally play multiplayer, well, anything tbh, anyone know how exactly it works in this game? People team up to take down monsters? Is there some sort of lobby to find a random group, because I don't know anyone in real life with a Vita?

Ryuuga

Banned
I love this spell and plan to use it frequently when I acquire it:

iiKh8R4EQIUyE.gif

* from the reveal.

I will likely be pre-ordering this when I get my vita in a couple of weeks. The demo gameplay videos I've seen so far look really promising. Cant wait for more impressions from GAF, as I don't think that I will be trusting mainstream reviewers with this one (for the same reasons I didn't trust them with Monster Hunter).

I'm also hoping there will be a decent amount of single player content (25 hours could be taken different ways, grinding or not) as I usually don't play online. Who knows, maybe this will be the title that makes me take the plunge.

Would love to do some multiplayer with other GAFers when the JP version comes out. Hopefully we can get together through the OT thread.

Kyon

Banned
I am so getting this once it's out in Europe.

I don't normally play multiplayer, well, anything tbh, anyone know how exactly it works in this game? People team up to take down monsters? Is there some sort of lobby to find a random group, because I don't know anyone in real life with a Vita?

Yes. It's like any other lobby system lol you can even search for specific types of missions you want to do that others are doing

Top Bottom