• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice (Vita x Inafune) - Conference impressions and videos added to OP

ReaperXL7

What is this talk of the game not being localised?
Even the website has full English: http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/soulsacrifice/en/index.html

Yeah I noticed that earlier this morning, which makes me think this might have a good chance of getting a worldwide release.

Also according to the site This

soul_sacrifice_charas_thumb.jpg

is an example of how varied the character customization is. It also actually notes that your character will change depending on your playstyle. So it seems like there will be a healthy amount of customization options for your avatar.

There is alot of good information on the site already. All I want really is some direct feed footage of the game.

That'd be more of a 180, yeah? 360 would put you back in the zero interest camp.

rather a 360 degree turn is a complete turn around, representative of this games effect on my feelings towards Vita. while a 180 degree turn is only half way turned around, which would put me at only half-way interested in this game and system. in the colloquial sense, that was my intended meaning. not literally, as in I literally did a 360 degree turn in my computer chair, which would indeed put right back where I started. now besides being rather silly this would make me quite dizzy.

ultimately this is an argument about semantics, which besides being OT is rather asinine. but feel free to continue this discussion without me as a participant.

Slime

Banned
My Vita hype has been deflated since last fall (despite Sound Shapes and Gravity Daze screaming "buy me"), but if this is good, it could really push me over the edge. Intriguing stuff, multiplayer especially.

ReaperXL7

Is there any confirmation on it to be shown on e3?

not yet, but there are things that make me think it's possibe. Sony needs to focus on the Vita, if they don't, they will be in trouble on that front. So if this is one of their big projects for it than I doubt it will be absent, but it depends on how much western support they have lined up for the Vita.

Also the website is in full english, which makes me think that localization is going to be a priority.

The "gore" doesn't bother me one bit. It looks like a great, original concept, and game. I can't wait to play it.

^

It's cartoony at worst. Those David Lynch PS3 commercials are like 10 times more disturbing than this game. Plus this actually makes sense and is intimately tied into the game's context.

not yet, but there are things that make me think it's possibe. Sony needs to focus on the Vita, if they don't, they will be in trouble on that front. So if this is one of their big projects for it than I doubt it will be absent, but it depends on how much western support they have lined up for the Vita.

Also the website is in full english, which makes me think that localization is going to be a priority.

Yeah it would be really stupid to not show it on E3 (and not bringing it to the west would be criminally stupid considering lesson the got on Daemon's Souls)

rather a 360 degree turn is a complete turn around, representative of this games effect on my feelings towards Vita. while a 180 degree turn is only half way turned around, which would put me at only half-way interested in this game and system. in the colloquial sense, that was my intended meaning. not literally, as in I literally did a 360 degree turn in my computer chair, which would indeed put right back where I started. now besides being rather silly this would make me quite dizzy.

ultimately this is an argument about semantics, which besides being OT is rather asinine. but feel free to continue this discussion without me as a participant.

i don't know. this just sounds like spin to me :) ...

theBishop

Banned

Usually when someone says they've "pulled a 180", it means they've completely reversed their position. If you're facing north and turn 180-degrees, you're now facing south. 360-degrees means you're still looking north. The colloquial expression for a 360-degree turn is "coming full-circle".

</clichepolicy>

ReaperXL7

I'm hoping they just didn't want to let the "it's coming to the West" cat out of the bag until E3. It's funny, the two things I want most at E3 are announcements of Japanese games coming to the States (this game and FE: Awakening).

just out of my being curious, how many Japanese game sites are in full english? If I were to put money on it I would say that he's not confirming for 2 reasons. One like you said is E3 in three weeks, the other is probably deciding on a worldwide release or seperate. If Sony is pushing for games like this, but only chooses to release them in one market then the Vita really will be doomed.

B.O.O.M

I wonder if the game will have a class system and if it does what sort of classes there will be.

Maybe classes for different affinities like fire, wind and lightning?

I wonder if the game will have a class system and if it does what sort of classes there will be.

Maybe classes for different affinities like fire, wind and lightning?

I have a feeling no classes, probably a skill tree of magics that you can unlock progressively more powerful magic as you level up, and you equip which magic you want to bring to fight. that will affect your playstyle essentially making your own custom class.

at least I hope it work like that.

FireCloud

Don't you find it strange that they would have the website in English and English dubbed versions of the presentation if they were not planning on bringing the game to the West?

It seems so to me at least. (or do they usually give this much English attention to Japanese-only releases?)

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops

8egu2.jpg

There are no semantics. We're talking geometry here.

On-topic: Inafune talked about how Ad-hoc multiplayer is enough for Japan, but not enough for the other regions - it's pretty clear this game is bound for at least US/UK.
Germany will probably be a hard sell. ;-)

Arxisz

Just saw the whole conference and my mind was blown.
I need to get myself a vita now.

I wonder why they change translator every few minutes though. it's really annoying. one time you have someone who can do it decently then few minutes later they switch to someone I can hardly understand....

Vlodril

Wasn't very interested in the art and the announcement but that boss fight was pretty good. And i dislike boss battles. So who knows. Need to see more but its looking good.

The combat and graphics look amazing. Fast, fluid and varied. I'm very hyped for this game.

The translation on the otherhand was embarrassing to listen to.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Spectacular mechanics/vision for this game.

Hopefully it enjoys much success in Japan, and even in the US if it can cross over and appeal to the Demon's Souls crowd.

This is exactly the sort of games Vita needs.

Top Bottom