• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur IV Official Custom Character/Costume thread

Danielsan said:
The sad thing is that those awsome orange jacket flaps look perfect but they come without a pair of pants. So to compensate I had use undergarments as a pair of pants. The shitty thing about that is that those undergarments also cover up the arms which in return makes it impossible to add an awsome arm tattoo. The editor is great but also super super limited. I wish there were more items aswell as as more options for where to put said items. If only they had added a "waist" section for belts and what have you.
Yeah, a waist option would have made my Jessica perfect.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
i feel sorry for myself for recognizing Shantae :(

then again she's awesome :p

11bnudz.gif

LordK

I think you just unlock more pieces as you get more honors. I read a while ago that you unlock more parts as you buy more pieces... but that person may have been confused as he/she got honors and unlocked equipment at the same time. I got the 30 honors and now I'm gonna just try and buy everything.

Sallokin

Is it true you can unlock all the parts from tower of souls by simply getting 30 honors? I read this somewhere but it sounds too good to be true.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
tribal24 said:
sigh i made 2 samurai showdown charecters but no camera i made charlotte and haohmaru

i did genjuro and ukyo. they're both reasonably accurate, but their simple designs don't work especially well in soul calibur

Sallokin

copybeaver said:
Here is my Hrist attempt:

Very nice. I made a Lenneth yesterday that uses pretty much the same parts with the exception of your helmet and Lenneth's dress. When I get my camera I'll upload them.

karasu

Danielsan said:
Just a matter of creative assembling. :lol The jacket is just your basic training jacket however in order for it to look like a long jacket with flaps I used one of the leg items. As I said earilier, that didn't come with any pants :)lol ) so I used one of the full body undergarments to act as pants.

Most of my items simply have come from gaining honors. I've only reached the 14th lvl of the tower and I've probably won 10 items in the tower thus far.

Thanks! I'm trying to make Gambit.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Holy shit. It's the second time I mention this but the CAS is awesome. Can't believe how much you can do, and it will only get better with time. I'm getting my copy tomorrow!

Blablurn said:
not that im a fan, but I'd love to see naruto-characters in this engine.
come on, you know you want it too
I'll try and get an Asuma going with tonfas.

I tried Temari with Setsuka's style, but it didn't come out right.

Oh, to anyone doing Joker - Setsuka's style is awesome, especially with the taunt.

LordK

Sallokin said:
Is it true you can unlock all the parts from tower of souls by simply getting 30 honors? I read this somewhere but it sounds too good to be true.

I got my 30th honor last night... a message comes up saying that you've unlocked new cas equipment. The Voodoo armor showed up for the girls which is one of the later pieces of armor in the Tower of Lost Souls. As far as unlocking other CAS armor... I'll see what happens when I buy everything I can. :p

Anyways, here are the stats for Hrist:

15wnpxe.png

And here are some shots from actual gameplay:

21do2ue.png

mayrm0.png

2mxfvb8.png

2ekkpc8.png

14sihc5.png

vag 2.0

Is there an in-game screenshot tool, or are you using a capture card or something to get those shots? That Hrist looks fantastic, either way.

My first couple of CAS, nothing too fancy:

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

Loving svelte young girls wielding giant axes and swords.

PARANO1A

Some thoughts for CaS that I haven't seen yet:
Hiro (from Heroes)
Leonidas
Kunimitsu

Tower of Souls unlocks are crazy for mere mortals like myself. :/

LordK

MoonsaultSlayer said:
How do you bring up the stat screen?

I remember reading that you could a while back and went looking for it so I could post the parts list. You push confirm on the character you want to edit, then a menu comes up on the right. Go to details.

LordK

Yeah, there are. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to make Hrist (above on this page). Others have made Lenneth. The Valkyrie helmet is different though. You can certainly find similar parts to the others.

Monocle

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Spreading hugs, laughter and friendship throughout the Soul Calibur universe. Here is the one and only: Captain Tickles

2mdp17d.jpg
Character of the Forever? I think so.

Ferrio

Banned
dabookerman said:
Holy shit that's awesome :lol

Never thought of creating her.

Neither did I but a strange thing happened.

I was playing versus with a friend and I picked my Pheonix wright. He picked a randomly generated character... and it looked an awfully like her. I couldn't place what she reminded me of at first.

copybeaver said:
Yeah, there are. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to make Hrist (above on this page). Others have made Lenneth. The Valkyrie helmet is different though. You can certainly find similar parts to the others.
Ahh, I was hoping they had the exact Legend of Valkyrie parts. I love all that old Namco stuff and was hoping there was a bunch of it after seeing the Hilde armor reminiscent of Gil's from Tower of Druaga.

Danielsan

Man, the editor would really benefit from a trench coat or two. :lol

I decided to try on creating a Vergil again. My designs are far from perfect but I'm afraid this is close as I can get. At this point I doubt the game will unlock any non-armor looking items (like a trench coat) for me.

Vergil version 1

vergil4.jpg

vergil3.jpg

vergil2.jpg

Vergil1.jpg

Vergil version 2

vergil5.jpg

vergil6.jpg

vergil7.jpg

vergil8.jpg

I prefer the first version myself but either way, the jackets are crap. :lol

edit:

MGS2 Snakes says hi.

snake1.jpg

snake2.jpg

snake3.jpg

I was fooling around in create mode and I noticed many of the fields cannot yet be edited. How do you earn that through out the game? Things like skin color etc...

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
copybeaver said:
I got my 30th honor last night... a message comes up saying that you've unlocked new cas equipment. The Voodoo armor showed up for the girls which is one of the later pieces of armor in the Tower of Lost Souls. As far as unlocking other CAS armor... I'll see what happens when I buy everything I can. :p
... but does it unlock everything?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
jhferry said:
I was fooling around in create mode and I noticed many of the fields cannot yet be edited. How do you earn that through out the game? Things like skin color etc...

Everything is available for CaS characters. When you edit existing characters you cant change these things.

Nemesis_

That Raziel looks awesome! Could I have the stats for him, please?

Here's my first attempt ever at a character. Anyone got any constructive criticism? It's the best I could do and pretty simple too.

1zv7d4o.jpg

2hdz1bc.jpg

im0zgw.jpg

67jdc9.jpg

Made my first character. Based on another famous fighter, of course (even by the same company). There's a few things that needs tweaking, but Setsuka's Parasol style is the one that best suits this femme fatale.

Danielsan

Thanks guys. I had to make some odd design decisions because, well, Raziel is Kind of Naked in the Soul Reaver games. :lol

GarthVaderUK said:
My creation:

That Tobias is fucking amazing. :lol

Top Bottom