• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sources confirm Blizzard's new game: World of Starcraft

WARCOCK

Banned
Smiling Bandit said:
This is just in.

Miyamoto: I could make StarCraft2. But I choose not to.

Gaming Pantheon
Starcraft
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Halo.

Aside from miyamoto egotrip bashing, i fail to see your point :,(.

RSLAEV

WARCOCK said:
Gaming Pantheon
Starcraft
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Halo.

Aside from miyamoto egotrip bashing, i fail to see your point :,(.

Uh, I think it was one of those things we normal human beings call "a Joke" FFS

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
border said:
If all you're doing is hammering Sunder Armor, you are not a very good tank. I always have plenty to do -- keeping Thunderclap up, keeping Demoralizing Shout up, hitting Shield Block everytime it pops, Revenge everytime it pops, watching the mob casting bar to know when to hit Spell Reflect/Shield Bash, target-switching to tank 2 or more mobs.....all the while watching to make sure nobody's grabbed aggro.

It's still a lot of button pushing, but it's really involved button-pushing. Tanking is probably one most of the most active PVE roles that there is. Switching over to my warlock feels like a vacation.

It was just a point to make, in that, I was bored because of doing just what you mentioned. Aggro watching was pretty much the only part that was cool for me. It is involved, but just wasn't for me. Made it to 60 and all addicted like crack, but just didn't stick with it.

That post did remind me why I quit though. Oh yes.

Man oh man. World of Starcraft would be awesome if this is true. I wonder how they'd prevent it from cannabalizing the WoW market though.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Nightstick11 said:
Man oh man. World of Starcraft would be awesome if this is true. I wonder how they'd prevent it from cannabalizing the WoW market though.

Well its a mmo which takes awhile to develop and a blizzard game, so by the time this comes out wow would have slowed down.

Razorwind

Nightstick11 said:

Whoever said that they wont intentionally cannibalize the WoW market? I would think they would forgo one for another. They can't even fix the balance issues in WoW as of today, and many people are still grumbling about various bugs in their classes, I don't have much confidence that they can maintain the 2 mmos together. WoW is most probably going to be left to die.

Bill Roper 09.05.2007, 14:29 "Blizzard announces StarCraft 2" Mystery rates around the still secret project of Blizzard the Entertainment continues lively. In numerous forums the fans the heads discuss themselves hot and wildest speculations into the area are thrown. Now a man from the industry announced himself to word, in order to take part at the discussion. It acts thereby around Bill Roper of the Flagship of studios, which worked in former times even at Blizzard Entertainment. In that newest expenditure of the Games for Windows Podcast said Roper that he assume his former roll giver will present StarCraft 2. It has likewise no concrete information, but both the place (Korea) and the time (May) of the exposure would speak its opinion after for a further episode of the real time strategy play. Whether Bill Roper lies correctly, we know at the latest on 19 May.

autotranslated from german
http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=88&pk=1470009

dfyb

Banned
maniac-kun said:
Bill Roper 09.05.2007, 14:29 "Blizzard announces StarCraft 2" Mystery rates around the still secret project of Blizzard the Entertainment continues lively. In numerous forums the fans the heads discuss themselves hot and wildest speculations into the area are thrown. Now a man from the industry announced himself to word, in order to take part at the discussion. It acts thereby around Bill Roper of the Flagship of studios, which worked in former times even at Blizzard Entertainment. In that newest expenditure of the Games for Windows Podcast said Roper that he assume his former roll giver will present StarCraft 2. It has likewise no concrete information, but both the place (Korea) and the time (May) of the exposure would speak its opinion after for a further episode of the real time strategy play. Whether Bill Roper lies correctly, we know at the latest on 19 May.

autotranslated from german
http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=88&pk=1470009
the original source is an english podcast... we don't need to go through germans :p

he was basically just guessing that it'd be sc2.

Top Bottom