• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park - Season 18 - Begins September 24th @ 10PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Not sure if there's an episode synopsis yet but this is all that's been said/shown for season 18... I think. 6 days left.

1800_NewEpisodes.jpg

Frog-fu

Banned
Last season brought me back after years of not caring or following show. I'm excited.

Also, I feel incredibly old knowing this is the 18th season.

SKINNER!

Banned
Finally! It's been so long since the last season that it geniunely felt like the show was cancelled. I got used to the Half a season/break/half a season format.

Ratrat

This is no longer gonna be available on their site or am I wrong? I remember something about Hulu exclusivity. In which case.... :(

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
That wait was huge, hoping for 2-3 good eps this year, usually its hit or miss with me but 2 or 3 really get me hard (Usually the ones gaf hates to :3)

Wasteman

Banned
Ah yisss. I just pray it's more consistently great then some of the last seasons. Though even a bad South Park episode is good TV relative to other shows.

Clydefrog

I wonder what stuff they will tackle?

ISIS
Russia
the NFL
Cops

but hopefully they have a few good episodes about the boys on wacky adventures

The problem with the way the new seasons work is that it almost guarantees we'll never have another Christmas/Holiday episode again. The season runs from early fall to late fall. In the past the seasons were spread out during the year.

DarkKyo

ISIS
Russia
the NFL
Cops

Ebola could show up in an episode. There isn't much funny about it but it is topical. Maybe something about how the first Americans that got it were cured.

So we should be getting the preview image, video clip and episode synopsis around Sunday. They usually begin and complete an episode in six days (learned that from the amazing South Park documentary "Six Days To Air") so theoretically they're at South Park Studios now working on the premiere. Though I'm a tad disappointed we're only getting ten episodes a season now in a way it's a good thing because I noticed the quality of those episodes in what is presumably a less taxing shorter season went way up.

Seriously last season was one of the best South Park seasons ever. So looking forward to this one.

So hyped! And so subbed!

ISIS
Russia
the NFL
Cops

The NFL is a lock, isn't it? The only reason I could see them not doing an NFL-centric ep is if it's too obvious to do one, if that makes sense.

For Cops, the Mike Brown case might be too 'old' by now. They stay really current. The possibilities are endless for that tho.

CrazyDude

It always seems like everything happens between the point in which south park stops airing and than returns, but during airing nothing happens in the news.

Grizzo

I'm a little wary about this. I've always been a huge South Park fan and will the show watch until it runs its course, but I've not been really enjoying those last few seasons, except for the odd episodes here and there.

I loved that plus Taming Strange.

I think The Hobbit episode was probably my favourite. Whenever Kanye West was on screen and started talking I just ended up in a fit of laughter. Probably that along with Stop Touching Me Elmo from The Black Friday trilogy.

Seriously last season was one of their best ever. So looking forward to the new one.

Thanks for making the OT OrangeCaramel! I wanted to see a hype thread for this all week. Part of what I love about NeoGAF is participating with all the hype before the show airs and then reading all the feedback after each episode goes live. Threads like this are the reason I love NeoGAF. Anyway just under a week to go!

Rip southparkstudios. We got free southpark eps for like 6 years so I can't complain, just sucks that it must come to an end. Looking forward to this season. Crazy that this is matt and trey's first day back at work this year for southpark, and an episode will be ready by Wednesday.

inm8num2

I enjoyed last season but can't remember much of it outside the hilarious "How are you not a hobbit?" lines. Bring on season 18!

I'll also add to the sentiments of missing the streaming on SouthParkStudios.com. It was great being able to load up old episodes on a whim to satiate an urge to revisit certain jokes or scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom