• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Season 20 |OT| A Safe Space To Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keasar

I thought tweek x Craig was one of the best episodes of the entire series. It was actually trey's favourite of last season too

“There’s not going to be any disciplinary actions since they are gay. We just want to be supportive, so we are just going to send them all home with some money.”

I just love how that was suddenly a thing. :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
We need more Woodland Critters.
Woodland_Critters_south_park.jpg

"Let's pee in her eye socket so she gets AIDS and dies all slow-like."

It's benefitted from being Matt and Trey and Friends for almost all the run, like a comic strip.

If Conan and the billion other great early Simpsons writers were still on the staff, it'd probably be much better too.

That's true. It's not like the voice acting or production values of the Simpsons ever went to shit.... It's mostly the uninspired writing.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
It's benefitted from being Matt and Trey and Friends for almost all the run, like a comic strip.

If Conan and the billion other great early Simpsons writers were still on the staff, it'd probably be much better too.

Helps they aren't doing 20 episodes a season.

What was so amazing about the final three episodes? Tell me because I want to like them. I thought the whole season was great until those three. Adding ads to equation lost me. It was reminiscent of crab people but not as funny. It felt like it was all over the place and then just randomly ended.

I don't know man I just thought they were super entertaining and hilarious. This season and last season were the first time South Park has gone for continuity and a season-long plot so I enjoyed that aspect of the show immensely. The show has evolved for the better IMO. Last season was great. Each to his own I guess? Super excited for the new episode tonight.

Also Tweek x Craig was one of the best episodes they've ever done. Loved it. Hilarious and touching.

Tweek x Craig opening with the Leslie gag was amazing enough, but the moment they had the show's stock Asian music playing over Wendy's Yaoi presentation, I was already on the floor.

Where My Country Gone and Safe Spaces were also top-tier, but that episode vindicating a 10+-year-old niche SP fanbase probably inches Tweek x Craig as my favorite. I bear no love for yaoi, slash and the like, but you can't deny that's incredible. Seeing my parents' reactions to it was glorious.

Sanjuro

What crappy show that will be canceled shortly is being paired with South Park tonight?

Also, Is there a wiki somewhere that has the full death toll of the 10:30 slot?

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I'll admit it - overall I didn't dig last season. Not because of the structure, but the main story of PC and ads just didn't click with me. Looking forward to this season.

Edit: forgot gentrification. That's even highly relevant to where I've lived, but it still didn't do it for me.

Mxrz

Am ready for that Cartman x Wendy action.

I liked last season, but do miss the crazy adventure episodes. The Stick of Truth made me want more of the old absurdity.

There is no way we are not getting a coon and friends episode to tie with the game release.

That'd be awesome. :) I'd say it's not definite though. We all thought the Stick of Truth would get an episode and all it had was a little nod at the end of the Black Friday trilogy.

Excited however for their ideas this season. 10 minutes and we get a new episode!

I started watching season 19 last night after reading this thread and all of the episodes have been actual laugh out loud funny so far, so looking forward to 20 now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom