• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Stick of Truth PS4 incoming... Trophies Out

Zutroy

The Deluxe Edition is £55 on the Uplay shop so I think I'm just gonna buy it there and use the Ubisoft Club 20% off thing to bring it down to £43.99. I guess that's a decent price for the game, costume & perks, postcards, towelie, whatever the Uplay pre order bonus is, and The Stick of Truth on PS4

Did you get emailed a code to download TSOT or will we have to wait on the physical edition to be delivered?

Ogni-XR21

So can I preorder, complete Stick of Truth, cancel preorder and pick up the physical copy on release?

Meant to say I'm in UK where there are laws around charging for preorder and not getting money back I believe.

How can you be for real? When you download something that is included in the final product you really expect them to let you cancel your preorder?! I hope I'm not the only one who thinks you are out of your mind...

Ogni-XR21

Loved this game when I played it on the PS3. But I don’t see a reason to buy it again for the PS4.

And you can't buy it again (for now) it's just a preorder bonus for TFBW. It's a great incentive to preorder for those who never played the first game.

Grabbed the US Gold Version, no idea what will come with the season pass though. Had lots of credit on the account from when it was £4.40 for $10 so cost me £39 total

On Amazon, it says when you preorder the game, the Stick of Truth is playable now, but they are not mailing out codes, so how is playable now?

MiTYH

On Amazon, it says when you preorder the game, the Stick of Truth is playable now, but they are not mailing out codes, so how is playable now?

It comes to you when the game is shipped. Otherwise people would preorder now, get the code, and cancel. I guess you could still do that in December, if you wanted

Does that still work?
I remember amazon blocking sales of PSN cards previously as it could tell that I was in the UK.

Do PSN cards carry the prim discount? USA here, but I have preordered a physical version and the $60 price dropped to $48 due to prime.

I'd happily spend as much on PSN cards to start playing Stick of Truth now, if this works. Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: Looked it over and it seems that the 20% off is only on games, so no dice here. I'll wait

weekev

Banned
How can you be for real? When you download something that is included in the final product you really expect them to let you cancel your preorder?! I hope I'm not the only one who thinks you are out of your mind...

Yeah I know, I just wish they would let me buy them separately. This having to preorder months in advance is crazy.

Hjod

Banned
Just wanted to say that the EU version of SoT is still censored, just got to the probing part. Just a heads up. :)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
finally watching season 19 (4 episodes in) and finally playing Stick of Truth.

after all these years, they still got it. this is all gold.

Where does it say that? All I see is "Now playable on PS4 and Xbox One, game code will be included in the box"

The port is really 60fps from what ive played.

Its way more smoother than the 360 version ive played through XboxOne BC.

Ugh seriously? They screwed up if they made it 60 fps.

Yeah, it feels closer to the PC version I played - don't mind slowdown when it's all going off Cave/Treasure style, but I haven't got started so couldn't say if it does.

You can't say it's 60 and then say it's like the PC version. The PC version was capped at 30 to match the TV show. This is the one game were not being 60 fps is a good thing.

Ugh seriously? They screwed up if they made it 60 fps.

You can't say it's 60 and then say it's like the PC version. The PC version was capped at 30 to match the TV show. This is the one game were not being 60 fps is a good thing.

whu? I said it was closer to the PC version I played, I didn't say it was 60? The PS3 version was a mess, the PC version was great. The PS4 version is like the PC version I played.

madmackem

So you deffo get this if you preorder ok uk psn, it says nothing about getting stick of truth right away in the description.

Jabo

Sorry if this is off topic but does anyone know if the version that comes with The Fractured But Whole is censored in Japan on steam??

whu? I said it was closer to the PC version I played, I didn't say it was 60? The PS3 version was a mess, the PC version was great. The PS4 version is like the PC version I played.

You replied "yeah" to someone claiming it was 60 fps. I thought you were concurring with the notion.

ValeYard

Sorry for bump. I was wondering if anyone else was having trouble with the remaster not displaying cutscenes properly?

U2NUMB

Alright so how the hell do I get Stick of Truth for Xbox.. I pre ordered... shows that pre order in my library. But going to xbox.com shows me as it not pre ordered yet and Stick of Truth page says BUNDLE only...

Edit: yea so Xbox.com does not see that I pre odered it.. even has my balance still on my account when I start the process. But I 100% have it as pre ordered on my console...

Edit2: re bought on xbox.com since my money was still there.. that works.. strange

Does the 60fps make it look less authentically like a South Park episode?

So I'm actually feeling sick playing this on Xbox One. I play lots of games at 60fps and have never felt uneasy by it (I generally prefer it in every case), but holy crap this game is much worse at 60fps. It doesn't just look unnatural, it's giving me weird motion sickness. I can't explain it, but it's effecting me really bad. I really, really hope Fractured But Whole isn't like this.

Any word on an update that can cap this back down to 30?

Dominator

Sorry to bump, but I just pre-ordered the new game digitally, and was wondering how to get access to this. I have it set to charge my card upon release, is that why I can't download Stick of Truth? Had an itch to play it again and didn't want to pay for the new game with Microsoft credit as it doesn't have a release date set.

netguy503

Sorry to bump, but I just pre-ordered the new game digitally, and was wondering how to get access to this. I have it set to charge my card upon release, is that why I can't download Stick of Truth? Had an itch to play it again and didn't want to pay for the new game with Microsoft credit as it doesn't have a release date set.

I heard this game was delayed until March next year but no one in this thread mentioned it. Is that true? If people have to wait until day of release because the code is bundled with the game........man, I'd hate to be those people right now. :(

Dominator

I heard this game was delayed until March next year but no one in this thread mentioned it. Is that true? If people have to wait until day of release because the code is bundled with the game........man, I'd hate to be those people right now. :(

The Fractured But Whole was delayed until Q1 2017 unfortunately, so yeah physical buyers will have to wait for the physical release.

Z_Y

Came in to ask this question and it seems nobody answered you...so I'll ask again. How do you get Stick of Truth? I just pre-ordered digitally on XB1 and I don't see anything.

Came in to ask this question and it seems nobody answered you...so I'll ask again. How do you get Stick of Truth? I just pre-ordered digitally on XB1 and I don't see anything.
You don't get it until they charge you for preordering, which doesn't happen until 7-10 days from release now.

If you paid with MS gift card balance then you should have access right away though since they charge you at point of sale in credit balances

Back when this first went up for preorder MS had different rules that charged you for preorder right away but has since changed. That's why some people way back when had access to it.

Z_Y

You don't get it until they charge you for preordering, which doesn't happen until 7-10 days from release now.

If you paid with MS gift card balance then you should have access right away though since they charge you at point of sale in credit balances

Back when this first went up for preorder MS had different rules that charged you for preorder right away but has since changed. That's why some people way back when had access to it.

Well damn. Thanks for the answer. So I guess there's no way to prepay with my credit card on file?

I'd love to go through Stick of Truth on the PS4 (never tried it on 360/PS3) while I got a few days off of work. Is the only way to do that still to preorder Fractured But Whole? I'd love to try the series without putting down $60 for a game that isn't out for a few months.

fernoca

Well damn. Thanks for the answer. So I guess there's no way to prepay with my credit card on file?
You could cancel the preorder, buy Microsoft money with the card and preorder it again.

Microsoft Store online sells money even in $1 increments.

ryan299

I paid with credit from that Bing rewards think last weekend and didn't get access to it. The games website says Xbox isn't part of the deal anymore.

Top Bottom