• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth (the retail rpg) - Title & Box Art (Has local co-op?)

luBLw.jpg

Day one. This looks amazing. The fact that it looks seemless from the show is a testiment to how much care hey are putting into it.

TriGen

Day one. This looks amazing. The fact that it looks seemless from the show is a testiment to how much care hey are putting into it.

It actually blows my mind at how those look like shots from the show, if this game wasn't known these screens would totally pass for show art.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm just glad that Butters has unofficially become the fifth member, earning a spot on the boxart with the other four.

Drunk
Randy Marsh better be a party member.....

Obsidian should be right at home with this project, because there are only about 2 guys who do all the voices in the game.

RPGCrazied

360? No PS3? I could've sworn it was 360 and PS3 from the GI magazine. Also, all these screenshots are old, they are from the magazine too. The only new thing is the full title, "Stick of Truth"

TriGen

360? No PS3? I could've sworn it was 360 and PS3 from the GI magazine. Also, all thsese screenshots are old, they are from the magazine too. The only new thing is the full title, "Stick of Truth"

It's PS3, this just leaked from the Microsoft site.

Astra

I'm really looking forward to this. After recently watching the latest season, I'm hoping the story aspect of the game is much more fun than what's been going on with the show.

Though I imagine it will be. Instead of pop culture satire, this will be all about referencing the world of video games (I hope) which I'll find a lot more fun.

It actually blows my mind at how those look like shots from the show, if this game wasn't known these screens would totally pass for show art.

What's more amazing is that there were a couple people in the announcement thread who would rather play a game that awkwardly attempted to approximate the show's style with cel-shaded 3D models. Lolz.

Matt_C

My big question is why Kenny is dressed up like a Princess?
I thought that Kenny is a male due to the South Park movie unless Kenny is actually a female after all. Mysterion sounds very exagerated.

Mr. Robot

Exactly what kind of game is this? is it a sidescroller RPG?

because im getting Castle Crashers vibes from these screens.

Haunted

Nah it's not, it's due second half of the year I believe.

Think Mario & Luigi. Turn based primarily but you can probably dodge/counter attacks when it's the enemies turn, so you don't just pick your abilities for a turn and then watch.
I mean, I'm seeing the screenshots in the OP, are these all from cutscenes or what? I don't see any HUD, menus, button prompts, or anything that would show what to do or how this plays.

I guess I need some footage to see if this is the next Sonic Chronicles from Bioware or a proper good RPG.

Khezu

Deep down I hope the reason the new season sucked was because they were putting there A game into this.

Alrix

I mean, I'm seeing the screenshots in the OP, are these all from cutscenes or what? I don't see any HUD, menus, button prompts, or anything that would show what to do or how this plays.

I guess I need some footage to see if this is the next Sonic Chronicles from Bioware or a proper good RPG.

Yeah I know, they must have removed the UI for screenshots or something. But I remember reading something about how they want it to play similar to M&L, or something to that effect.

Oddduck

A South Park RPG with Paper Mario style gameplay developed by a good RPG developer?

Yeah this will be pure win.

One of the quests better be "Stop the immigrants from the future!"

Redneck conservative:

"Hey kids, we've been trying everything we can to stop them from coming to our time but everything's failed! It's up to you to stop these immigrants from the future no matter what you have to do stop em cuz dammit THEY TOOK ER JEBBBSSSS!!!!"

Redneck 2:

"THEY TOOK ER JEBBBBBSSSS!!!!"

Redneck 3:

"DERKA DURRRRR!!!!"

Quest objectives:

-Stop the immigrants from coming through the portal by any means possible!

-Kick as many immigrant asses as you can along the way!

Tobe

One of the quests better be "Stop the immigrants from the future!"

Redneck conservative:

"Hey kids, we've been trying everything we can to stop them from coming to our time but everything's failed! It's up to you to stop these immigrants from the future no matter what you have to do stop em cuz dammit THEY TOOK ER JEBBBSSSS!!!!"

Redneck 2:

"THEY TOOK ER JEBBBBBSSSS!!!!"

Redneck 3:

"DERKA DURRRRR!!!!"

Quest objectives:

-Stop the immigrants from coming through the portal by any means possible!

-Kick as many immigrant asses as you can along the way!

man this episode was so good.
All aboard the south park hype train!!!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I know it's more of a LOTR mock, but since Song of Fire and Ice is the current hotness, I was hoping the box art would be Cartman on a throne of wiffle bats.

iammeiam

I know it's more of a LOTR mock, but since Song of Fire and Ice is the current hotness, I was hoping the box art would be Cartman on a throne of wiffle bats.

I'm sincerely hoping they're aiming at Sword of Truth in more than just the title. Cartman would make a good Richard, and if any fantasy series needed some holes poked in it it's that one.

Top Bottom