• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth (the retail rpg) - Title & Box Art (Has local co-op?)

Trigger

I'm excited for this. It's always a treat to explore the world of a favorite movie or TV show. I've heard distressingly little on the actual game though. I'd like to see more hands-on stuff.

eek5

It's Obsidian making a South Park RPG with Matt and Trey, I would pay double that.

Looks just like the show? Story written by Matt and Trey? Full voice by Matt and Trey?

Assuming it has good gameplay and runs well.. easily worth the price of entry!

99%

I just thought you know, South Park is past its prime by a few years and the demographic for a South Park Rpg cant be that huge.

Im all for it though, if this means this is a full blown game im reall psyched!

Wait, I have to buy this in the store?

Just lemme download it.

Steam.

Or wait half a year to get it off XBLA/PSN for day one retail price.

Looks just like the show? Story written by Matt and Trey? Full voice by Matt and Trey?

Assuming it has good gameplay and runs well.. easily worth the price of entry!

My only worries are over length and branching quests, trying to write comedy in someone else's style is difficult but there's no way, Matt and Trey would be able to spend the time writing a whole RPG.

Trey & Matt are writing this? I am fucking SOLD!! Day 1!
I have always, always wanted a good South Park game, my dreams may come true!

Boss Man

I think some of you are dead wrong about this. I expect this game to sell a lot due to the IP. I also think it's going to be an awesome, refreshing game. Hopefully it is successful and it leads to some more lighthearted/humorous games. We need more God Hands and TimeSplitters.

because i prefer 3d worlds, especially for RPGs
But...it looks exactly like the show...
Maybe I was wrong :(

Adnor

Banned
Based on their track record, I hope to god this game isn't filled with bugs.

Alpha Protocol wasn't filled with bugs, it was just janky, and people says that Dungeon Siege 3 is pretty much bug free.
So yeah, it will not be "filled with bugs".

Ridley327

They're using their own engine for this, which worked out quite well for Dungeon Siege 3. This game is also not supposed to be anywhere near the scope of something like FO:NV, so there's a significant reduction in the amount of variables that they need to squash.

Famassu

You mean based on the track record of ALL complex CRPGs? Because there is no such thing as a complex RPG without bugs. Fallout 1 & 2 had game ruining bugs over 12 years before New Vegas came around and it's not like Bethesda's games are free of them either.

That said, this probably won't be nearly as complex as New Vegas + they aren't using Bethesda's Shittiest Game Engine In The World™, so I wouldn't worry about too many bugs.

impact

Banned
They're using their own engine for this, which worked out quite well for Dungeon Siege 3. This game is also not supposed to be anywhere near the scope of something like FO:NV, so there's a significant reduction in the amount of variables that they need to squash.

Well not being on Bethesda's piece of shit engine is good to hear :)

glaurung

It looks properly good in stills, but I really want the series HD quality in motion as well.

Plus this is an RPG. God knows what that means.

Other than that, very much hyped for this little game. Could be an awesome sleeper hit, even though the latest South Park games have been horrible.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Wait wait wait, didn't this game get canceled?

FHIZ

I really can't wait to see this game in motion. Even if it sucks, the fact that it so closely resembles the show will probably get me to go through it in full.

Top Bottom