• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South park's episode tonight was about the upcoming console war [Part 3 = Tonight]

Subxero

Definitely the best episode in while. I had holed they would do a next gen console episode and I was not disappointed.

border

YES, there's a book 3 spoiler in the episode (not sure if it was part of season 3 b/c I haven't watched it).

Whatever it was I actually didn't notice it. I almost want to ask what it was, but I'd better not :)

It didn't feel that much like Game of Thrones to me either. If they hadn't explicitly referenced the show and its catchphrases, I probably wouldn't have really even noticed any Game of Thrones bits. The music felt a lot more like LOTR (specifically violin bits seemed like they could have been from The Two Towers). I guess the gratuitous sex scene was the most overt and unique reference to GoT.

I don't know much about the Red Wedding beyond the name of the event and what I can guess from the name, but I suspect it will be spoiled in the next episode -- so I may sadly have to skip it.

I REALLY REALLY hope there is a "Big Fat Dick In Your Mouth" pre-order bonus DLC for South Park: The Stick of Truth.

I was literally waiting for South Park to do this haha. I actually missed the ep, but I have every South Park ep record automatically whenever it comes on, so I'm actually going to go watch it now.

Hatten

Wonder how much microsoft paid them since nobody cares about the XO IRL

The elmo doll was the best part, classic south park humor

sn00zer

SPK_Screen_3_GC_130821_10amCET_1376915418.jpg

From the game...yep definitely a tie in of some sort...wouldnt be surprised if the finale led into the beginning of the game

border

I'm pretty sure they just needed some of the kids to want Xbone for the sake of plot. If everybody wants a PS4 there wouldn't be much to work with. I doubt MS paid them anything.

"Enjoy your limited voice commands!"

Dartastic

Hold on a second. I'm the first person to notice the fact that this is blatantly related to the Stick of Truth after 109 posts?

112a.jpg

Madness

The elmo doll was the best part, classic south park humor

How sad will you be when you see that the Xbox One will also sell like hotcakes this holiday season as well?

GAF isn't really representative of the consumer population per se, especially for many kids who only think "xbox" when thinking of gaming. Remember these are supposed to 4th graders lol.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
It took me waaay to long to realize The Mall = The Wall

Great episode. Next week's gonna get crazy.

erawsd

Yeah amazing episode so far. Wouldn't mind if they stretched this out for the remaining 3 episodes, I really love the premise.

$200

Banned
southparkstudios.com lists s17e9 for Dec 4 rather than Nov 27, so I think this will only go for another episode.

You can't die, everyone really likes you!

lolz

The preorder joke and the gag about their own game were awesome too.

Brilliant episode.

The only way it could have been better is of Kaz was fucking Banderas instead of some random chick. Especially with Butters being obsessed with the gay wieners in GoT.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They'll probably shit on each console equally and choose something entirely out of left field.

like the elmo doll

but yeah it would be awesome if they go for a wiiU, at the very least trey and matt seem to be in-line with current gaming trends

Ezzme

Neo Member
It's not really a tie-in for the game. They've worn these costumes before, it was a long time ago when they whole Lord of the Rings phenomenon was in full swing. It's their basic fantasy parody costumes now that they bring out whenever the kids LARP.

erawsd

It's not really a tie-in for the game. They've worn these costumes before, it was a long time ago when they whole Lord of the Rings phenomenon was in full swing. It's their basic fantasy parody costumes now that they bring out whenever the kids LARP.

I think Cartman is the only one with the same costume though. The others are all straight out of the game.

Top Bottom