• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South park's episode tonight was about the upcoming console war [Part 3 = Tonight]

bozeman

That was so good. No doubt no one will win, that's the way South Park rolls.

I'm taking a wild guess that the end joke will be them taking their old consoles to trade in for an even bigger discount, getting the new systems, then proclaiming that they'll finally be able to play the game they're looking forward to, The Stick of Truth. Then the game store guy will be all "actually, that won't be out until March and it'll only be on PS3 and the 360." Show will end with a classic Cartman "SON OF A BITCH!!!"

SPK_Screen_3_GC_130821_10amCET_1376915418.jpg

From the game...yep definitely a tie in of some sort...wouldnt be surprised if the finale led into the beginning of the game

It's also from their LotR episode a decade back. And comparing the two episodes really shows you how much quality has been lost. Fuck this show now, should have endet at 10.

Aucool

My guess is that they will announce in the next episode that The Stick of Truth will be available also for PS4 and Xbone :D

Btw I just loved this episode, one of the best ever for me

Rootbeer

Banned
Great episode T__T Dammit south park, I hope you outlast the Simpsons! The format certainly is a lot more pliable and relevant than theirs.

Can't wait for next week.

It's so awesome that you can watch all eps for free online too, err, at least if you're in the right territory.

-MD-

Pretty sure The Stick of Truth is getting ported to PS4/XB1. That delay to March, this tie-in episode being the mid-season finale and the follow up episode premiering in March right when the game launches.

Dunno if that's been said yet but yeah, seems likely.

Edit: Nevermind, guess they no longer split seasons.

Episode was hilarious. It was pretty on point as far as the usual arguments. If the Xbone having a better framerate is in reference to Ghosts I'm pretty impressed

Kenny was dressed like Princess Zelda at the end. I think he's playing both sides.

He was dressed as Daenerys

Pretty sure The Stick of Truth is getting ported to PS4/XB1. That delay to March, this tie-in episode being the mid-season finale and the follow up episode premiering in March right when the game launches.

Dunno if that's been said yet but yeah, seems likely.

Edit: Nevermind, guess they no longer split seasons.

Really hoping so. Would prefer to play this on my PS4.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
A great episode. Easily the best episode of the season, and I've really hated this season so far. So.....this is gonna be a two-part episode, right?

Also was that supposed to be Kaz? If so that's the best Kaz gif of them all. Why has nobody posted it yet?

Darksol

How do I get my hands on the Brack Friday Bunduru? It includes four controllers, a map of Japan, a $100 rebate, and allows me to automatically preorder for Metal Gear Solid V

Really enjoyed the episode. Some (well a couple, now) decent episodes this year. Seems every time I think the show has gone to absolute shit they manage to deliver a few inspired ones.

Valkrai

I haven't seen it yet but I'm hoping that
everyone buys a Xbone or PS4 yet Butters is the only one that buys a Wii U.

How do I get my hands on the Brack Friday Bunduru? It includes four controllers, a map of Japan, a $100 rebate, and allows me to automatically preorder for Metal Gear Solid V

First thing that came to mind. I want that Bunduru. And was that supposed to be Kaz all up in that chick on his desk? That part kinda reminded me of Ninja Scroll.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'm surprised and disappointed they didn't make fun of the resolution stuff people are going crazy about. They mentioned framerate, which I assume is a reference to framerate problems in the PS4 version of COD.

ArjanN

First thing that came to mind. I want that Bunduru. And was that supposed to be Kaz all up in that chick on his desk? That part kinda reminded me of Ninja Scroll.

It was obviously Kaz. And it was more referencing the gratuitous Game of Thrones sex scenes. There's nothing Ninja Scroll about it except that that also had gratuitous sex.

The funniest bits were Butters calling out the way GoT handles male nudity, and Cartman calling out their own game being delayed.

MOPP 4

Banned
It's sad when Trey and Matt do a better job critizing the industry than gaming journalists.

Then again after what is going on with stick of truth I'm not surprised.

Kabuto

I just finished watching it on the South Park Studios website; the episode was hilarious. The bunduru part killed me hahah

Top Bottom