• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpaceX Falcon 9 FT Launch of SES-9 & First Stage Ocean Barge Landing Attempt. Feb 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameron

Guys, this is beautiful. ;_;

n3FFBIr.gif

Oriel

I suspect pretty much all barge landings will be like this, requiring confirmation before if first stage landing was successful.

But at least the second stage and payload are now in LEO. Now we wait.

antonz

You know, this idea is looking like an abject disaster.

It's not so bad. I mean obviously SpaceX would like to perfect it sooner than later but right now they have the benefit of missions being paid for them to do the tests.

They could speed up the process and absorb attempt costs but right now at least they are comfortable with limited tests done around client paid schedules.

They get this perfected and they suddenly cut mission costs significantly

It was definitely left of center, but I don't know, I guess the barge is probably a bit bigger than the illuminated area? Maybe it still made it...

Staab

Being off-center is intended, they don't want it to hit the barge if the last burn isn't going to happen.
Correction is apparently done in the last seconds, here's to hoping !

antonz

It looked like it was still gonna make the barge. The question I had was more of if it was too close to the edge for leg support and it toppling over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom