• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spanish retailer lists Zelda: Majora's Mask 3DS

http://www.xtralife.es/nintendo-3ds/super-smash-bros/12857

Aww yiss, Super Smash Bros. Brawl on 3DS released on June 27th.

tWEWkUQ.jpg

OP, don't look too much into this.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
This and SS are the only Zelda games I can't get playing.

This one is a mess, because it takes the joy of freely exploring the town with the 3 days countdown.

Any tips for getting into this game? Because one of the joys of playing games for me is exploring everything calmly, but I just can't do that in this game, and I really hate it.

Neiteio

That box art... Can anyone determine whether it's a fan mockup they may have borrowed for their website? Because I've never seen it before.

I suspect this is legit, and we may find out tomorrow. In a way, it makes sense. They probably don't want to rush their 3DS Zelda they've been working on. So, in the meanwhile, have Grezzo (or whoever) knock out a cash-in port.

I, for one, REALLY want this. Majora's Mask is one of my favorite games EVER.

EDIT: Just saw the above. SHIT.

That box art... Can anyone determine whether it's a fan mockup they may have borrowed for their website? Because I've never seen it before.

I suspect this is legit, and we may find out tomorrow. In a way, it makes sense. They probably don't want to rush their 3DS Zelda they've been working on. So, in the meanwhile, have Grezzo (or whoever) knock out a cash-in port.

I, for one, REALLY want this. Majora's Mask is one of my favorite games EVER.

On the contrary, I bet Grezzo is helping EAD / Monolith Soft finish Zelda 3DS.

Majora's Mask 3DS doesn't really seem like a big priority when they have a brand new title to focus on.

Neiteio

Oh, wait, I didn't even see the Smash Bros. "box art." LOL.

They're just trying to grab reservations. NOT SO FAST, EAGER McBEAVER.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Where have people been since last year? Smash Bros. 3DS IS HAPPENING. It was announced at the last E3!

Ce-Lin

it was added to their database late on 27th Dec last year, in anticipation to Spain April Fool's Day (in Spain it's called "día de los Santos inocentes", December 28th), move on...

jmoe316

This is like the only mainstream console Zelda I never completed. I played for a few hours back in the N64 days and remember the 3-day time cycle being an issue to enjoy the game.

What are people's thoughts on the 3-day cycle? Does it get in the way of the enjoyment? Part of the fun of an action-adventure is to explore but if you are limited in time, it may feel rushed. Or are there items to slow/stop time? Does it stop in dungeons?

Thanks.

It was announced almost two years ago with just an image that said "Smash Bros. Wii U + 3DS"

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the 3DS version quietly went away.

Back at the beginning of this year (In January I think?):

During a Nintendo Direct conference this morning, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said he’s aware that Nintendo fans have been waiting for more news on the next Smash Bros. game and confirmed that the “first screens” will be shown at E3. Iwata said development is “on track” for both Wii U and 3DS and asked fans to “wait just a little bit longer” for their first look at the ambitious sequel.

This and SS are the only Zelda games I can't get playing.

This one is a mess, because it takes the joy of freely exploring the town with the 3 days countdown.

Any tips for getting into this game? Because one of the joys of playing games for me is exploring everything calmly, but I just can't do that in this game, and I really hate it.

Just play it, you have enough time and can reset it whenever

The 3 day system is brilliant and you shouls just play it before thinking it's bad

AniHawk

majora's mask is probably one of the few zeldas that needs to be remade. it's hard to play in almost every version, except maybe the wii one. don't know if that one was buggy like the gamecube one.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Just play it, you have enough time and can reset it whenever

The 3 day system is brilliant and you shouls just play it before thinking it's bad
If it comes to 3DS, I'll buy it again, so I can play it fresh, but the beginning of the game is extremely frustrating and it has thrown me off every time I try; it's like 1 hour before you can do anything, because of how the story unfolds.

FoneBone

It was announced almost two years ago with just an image that said "Smash Bros. Wii U + 3DS"

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the 3DS version quietly went away.

Why? It's been specifically mentioned for both, every time the game has been discussed (most recently on the Nintendo Direct in January, and before that with the Namco Bandai announcement last summer).

Why? It's been specifically mentioned for both, every time the game has been discussed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...tor-fears-impact-on-wii-u-and-3ds-development

Sakurai (Smash Bros. director) discussed Smash Bros. 3DS as recent as February 28th 2013:

"I've had to control two characters at once in a lot of game projects up to now," Sakurai concluded, "so as long as I keep it to simple moves, this works well enough. It doesn't go that easy with the Nintendo 3DS version, though, and the debug camera is pretty hard to control. Still, now I realise how important it is to have your health. I'm glad I'm still in good enough shape to work."

Yeah, the 3DS version is here to stay.

VXLbeast

I sympathize with people wanting an original Zelda on the 3DS, but I have never actually completed Majora's Mask and this would be the perfect way to go back. I really hope this happens.

Top Bottom