• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special Final Fantasy Press Event at E3, runs at the same time as Nintendo's event

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
At this point, they shouldn't even bother. Might as well be guests at the Apple event.

HeelPower

I am confused what Nintendo event ? June 11 the same time as the Direct ? Isn't the direct an online thing not bound to E3 anyways ?

No. It's a private thing.

Is it like a closed theater thing ? what if they actually show it on SE presents ?

Rising_Hei

Final Fantasy Versus XIII finally being released

On iOS, that is. It's Square Enix, anything's possible

Edit: FFXIV would be an awesome idea, but i don't think they will announce it before PS3 version has been released.

khaaan

The two conferences are going to merge into one video halfway through and everything will be about Square Enix games now exclusively on Nintendo systems.

Dammit, are they really going to have a closed door/private event this year? Fuck. I hate that. Show off the games to the public. D;

CHC

Somehow I just don't think "it's happening". Realistic expectations are more PR for FFXIV's impending release, probably something new for IOS or some kind of MOBA or trading card game, and a spinoff, remake or sequel, plus Lightning Returns PR.

Basically anything but a new, core entry into the single player FF series...

Zoator

I thought Nintendo was having a press-only event at E3 in addition to the Direct.

Yea, I would assume it's this. The direct airs at 7 AM PST, which would probably be kind of early to gather the press up at the convention center.

Moxx19

Banned
Why the hell would they schedule it at the same time as Nintendo's event? I guess that about sums up the scheduling and management abilities of this company.

What the fuck is wrong with you people? Why would you want to go to that stupid Nintendo Direct??!?!?!
DON'T YOU ALL CARE ABOUT THE iOS FUTUUREE!?!?!??!!?

raven777

Yea, I would assume it's this. The direct airs at 7 AM PST, which would probably be kind of early to gather the press up at the convention center.

oh I thought it was the same time ND aired.

so does anyone know what time this will be?

Squire

Banned
Basically anything but a new, core entry into the single player FF series...

Perspective: FFXIII came out in March of 2010. Whether it's Versus or not, yes, it is very much time to announce a new, core, single-player FF.

What the fuck is wrong with you people? Why would you want to go to that stupid Nintendo Direct??!?!?!
DON'T YOU ALL CARE ABOUT THE iOS FUTUUREE!?!?!??!!?

You are right, we must accept the future because when we change the future we change the past, but the present becomes the future when we are in it so we really changed what was presently future and made it into the past so it can become a new future.

It isn't, but know I find hard to believe they will be at Sony's conference.

I doubt that Sony would've had them talk about announcing a new game at E3 during the PS Meeting if the game wasn't going to be unveiled during their conference. This event will probably be about them trying to explain how things will be changing for FF going into next-gen, and then touching on all the other projects that they have announced in the series.

You are right, we must accept the future because when we change the future we change the past, but the present becomes the future when we are in it so we really changed what was presently future and made it into the past so it can become a new future.
I think you just came up with the plot for the next Final Fantasy game...

It's gonna be an hour of Yoshihisa Hashimoto detailing how awesome Noctis' hair is in the Luminous Engine. "Nomura personally signed off on the rendering of every single strand of hair. We went through over 200,000 rejects before we finally got it right!"

Zoator

It isn't, but know I find hard to believe they will be at Sony's conference.

They did something like this after they announced FFXIV at Sony's conference in 2009. The event pretty much just served as a Q&A about FFXIV primarily, but also some of their other games.

Wazzy

Banned

My head started hurting after reading that. So that will probably end up being XIII-4.

Top Bottom