• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speculation: Visceral developing Battlefield game for Fall 2014 (with evidence)

vazel

Banned
Since they're testing live weapons that probably means this next game is going to be set in modern times. Hopefully with BF now becoming an annual franchise we'll get another sci-fi spinoff like BF2142 eventually.

Since they're testing live weapons that probably means this next game is going to be set in modern times. Hopefully with BF now becoming an annual franchise we'll get another sci-fi spinoff like BF2142 eventually.

Maybe if Titanfall is successful. :p

NeoGash

It's mostly just fanboys of one of the two talking shit about the other, then using shitty arguments to justify why they like one above the other... Kind of like with consoles. There is absolutely nothing hypocritical about still liking BF above CoD even if EA went down this route, they are very different games even if DICE has done further down the CoD way with their shitty campaigns and shitty game modes no one cares about, they are still quite different.

It would be hypocritical most likely as CoD apparently doesn't innovate, so I fail to see how another yearly franchise will be able to. I don't care that much, but I will enjoy the fighting for a while if this is true.

It would be hypocritical most likely as CoD apparently doesn't innovate.

No it would not, cause I really don't care about CoD and the reasons has never been it not innovating. Battlefield sure as fuck hasn't done anything innovative other than a shitty browser launcher for the last many years either. I like Battlefield because of big open maps, with vehicles and chaos against 63 other people, I do not like CoD cause it quickly becomes tedious to me to run around the small corridors and really it reminds me of Counter Strike, just a worse one, which I already played more than enough of.

xenist

That's right baby. Annualize that franchise. Annualize it good and hard. You know I like it like that. That's right baby. Spread out that cash flow. My fall quarters need a spike baby.

Chumpion

It's becoming an industry standard to ship with a broken multiplayer and then patch it over the next year or so. When the game finally works properly, all your friends will have moved on to the next installment in the franchise. Thanks, Obama!

Alienous

It's becoming an industry standard to ship with a broken multiplayer and then patch it over the next year or so. When the game finally works properly, all your friends will have moved on to the next installment in the franchise. Thanks, Obama!

Blame the 'Games as a service' mentality.

You don't need to ship something you're proud of.

Top Bottom