• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spend $100 on PSN get $15 back in February

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Has it officially started?

Supposedly it did at midnight PT according to the OP, but there is no advertisement on PSN yet, so I am weary to spend money right now. Best to wait until this afternoon in hopes the deal is promoted on the store proper to be safe.

Supposedly it did at midnight PT according to the OP, but there is no advertisement on PSN yet, so I am weary to spend money right now. Best to wait until this afternoon in hopes the deal is promoted on the store proper to be safe.

There's a banner in the NA PSN store. At least on mobile.
But yeah, if you can't see it then you might as well wait.

joeblow

Thanks for the heads up, OP. With today's sale I spent $105 on:

- Rez Infinite (people rave about its PSVR mode, and it's first time it's on sale)
- Titanfall 2 (people rave about its solo campaign, and it has upgraded Pro visuals)
- Horizon: Zero Dawn (standard edition since I don't want booster packs)

I'm really disappointed it didn't happen :( Danganronpa comes out in 3 weeks... at this point I kinda doubt it'll get a preorder

Kingdom Hearts is a little further out at 5 weeks but you can preorder it digitally from GameStop :-/

Maybe they will happen on the last day of the promotion? It's possible.

I can spend my money through the online PlayStation store correct? I don't have to do it in an actual PS4? I keep getting error messages when I try to preorder HZD

BumRush

Can you pre-order multiple games via the store website? On PS4 you can't add pre-orders to cart, only purchase individually (Right?)

I hate this kind of shit. They should include purchases made in the last 2 weeks with this kind of stuff. Like a lot of other people I just bought Horizon and Nioh.

schaft0620

As a physical collector here's something I'm thinking about when I see this; could you imagine if South Park ends up in development hell, UBI gets taken over, South Park gets cancelled, buying the digital version of the game would be the ONLY way to play TSOT on PS4. Has me thinking of getting it just on the off chance.

ZeroX03

Banned
Like I said... last 2 weeks.

Why did you buy Horizon two weeks ago? The reviews came out after this promotion was already known. I mean you can pick whatever arbitrary number you want, but they did give warning this was coming and it does happen at the same time every year.

Hey guys I've noticed a lot of websites talking about this promotion seem to be adding a strange caveat or wording that i may be incorrect but has not always been there.

all purchases have to come out of your PSN Wallet balance, not through your credit card or other means.

This means you’ll have to pre-charge your wallet either through your card, or by getting codes at retail.

If this is true then it is fundamentally different from every other time... do I need to preload the $100? I can't just go through PayPal? I want the purchase to be over $100 so I can use my PayPal credit and pay it off over 6mo, but you cannot add $100 through the PSN it goes from $60 to whatever you would need to max your account at $150 which in my case is like $149.36 and that I do not want to do haha.

Is the site just wrong and this works the same way as any other time? I can have $100 worth of games in my cart and just pay through PayPal?

Why did you buy Horizon two weeks ago? The reviews came out after this promotion was already known. I mean you can pick whatever arbitrary number you want, but they did give warning this was coming and it does happen at the same time every year.

Do you have Sony stock and dread handing out $15 to people or something? The fuck does it matter to you why I bought it two weeks ago? I can afford it, the game looked good, so I bought it. Turns out it's pretty good as well. I was just saying it would be cool on their part to have a 2 week grace period or something.

Bizzquik

Think I'm gonna preorder Horizon and South Park since there is no chance SP is coming out on March 31st, then just cancel it. Then I'll be getting Horizon for 45 bucks and don't have to wait for it to arrive Tuesday in the evening

Wow, that actually makes a lot of sense.
Its risky to hope for a delay, but I can certainly see this happening.

EDIT: Oh, maybe not so risky. Well done!

Oneself

Hey guys I've noticed a lot of websites talking about this promotion seem to be adding a strange ...
As far as I know, it works the exact same way as it always did. That means the 100$ has to be spent on PSN; you can't just add money to your account, you have to spend 100$ (the way your virtual wallet is filled doesn't matter) on whatever is on PSN. It works on games, pre-orders and PS+ subs.

As far as I know, it works the exact same way as it always did. That means the 100$ has to be spent on PSN; you can't just add money to your account, you have to spend 100$ (the way your virtual wallet is filled doesn't matter) on whatever is on PSN. It works on games, pre-orders and PS+ subs.

Ok cool yeah I can't just add $100 through PayPal like I said it's $60 or $149.... really dumb there is no $100 option. But if I have a $100 worth of items in cart and checkout through PayPal and still get the promo like any other time correct the website was just wrong?

Kinda fucking pissed that on Sunday I spent 130 bucks on the psn, so I don't qualify for this. Wish they would have sent something out about it earlier.

FiraB

Banned
Pity it doesnt encompase all febuary. Preordered horizon and p5 this month around the 7th...

Oh well it happens.

DR2K

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";230775771]Lol I just bought horizon last night. RIP[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too... that sucks.

R-User!

Anyone know why I can't download the digital deluxe version that I just bought of Stree Fighter V?

I own the physical version and have game data associated with the disc copy on the system.

Do I need to delete the physical game data to be able to download the digital copy of the game?

Will my saves from the physical version still work with the digital version?

Thanks for the help.

Edit: deleting the game data immediately changed the text on PSN from "Start" to "Download", so that seems to have been the solution...

Tevious

I hate this kind of shit. They should include purchases made in the last 2 weeks with this kind of stuff. Like a lot of other people I just bought Horizon and Nioh.

Kinda fucking pissed that on Sunday I spent 130 bucks on the psn, so I don't qualify for this. Wish they would have sent something out about it earlier.

Pity it doesnt encompase all febuary. Preordered horizon and p5 this month around the 7th...

Oh well it happens.

If I had to guess, they run these sales during their slowest months of the year, and they also probably try to avoid weeks where there's a big release. Sometimes the deal runs for most of the month, other times for just a week. This was an unusually busy February for releases, so that's probably why they went with just this week.

-NeoTB1-

I'm thinking of buying:

Nioh ($59.99)
Dishonored 2 ($40.19 thanks to PS+)
=$100.18

I'll then put the $15 towards Ys Origin, which will only make it $5. Pretty sweet deal.

Top Bottom