• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spicer says Trump stands by false allegation that Obama ordered wiretap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know whats funnier: adamy choosing this as his hill to be banned on, or stating he was a Philosophy major as if that is something to be proud of...

At this point congress could spend two years showing no involvement from Iran on funding terrorist cells in the US and Trump would still ignore it and order airstrikes because he clearly trusts Brietbart and Alex Jones more than anybody else in the country.

Klocker

That's all I can take. Watched Spicer and Trump's comments and promptly changed to Sponge Bob Square pants and have checked out.

The broke me, I can't take this anymore. Going to try ignorance for a while.

~Kinggi~

Banned
That's all I can take. Watched Spicer and Trump's comments and promptly changed to Sponge Bob Square pants and have checked out.

The broke me, I can't take this anymore. Going to try ignorance for a while.

Thats their plan. Psyche warfare so nobody gives a shit.

BasicMath

Yeah, no. People need to stop paying attention to this obvious distraction. You're falling for his bullshit yet again.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Trump isn't wrong. Any 5-year old knew the whole quote usage defense was coming. And anyone that knows anything about the current state of mass surveillance knows that he can just point to that and be technically right. Obama signed the act to reauthorize the Patriot Act after all.

Move on and focus on the whole Russia ties thing instead. There's at least some actual concerning content in there.

KHarvey16

Yeah, no. People need to stop paying attention to this obvious distraction. You're falling for his bullshit yet again.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Trump isn't wrong. Any 5-year old knew the whole quote usage defense was coming. And anyone that knows anything about the current state of mass surveillance knows that he can just point to that and be technically right. Obama signed the act to reauthorize the Patriot Act after all.

Move on and focus on the whole Russia ties thing instead. There's at least some actual concerning content in there.

What? No. He claimed Obama specifically ordered wiretaps on Trump Tower. Other people being surveilled doesn't satisfy that.

This isn't some master plan. Trump just regurgitates stupid bullshit he hears on TV and reads on Breitbart. It's not distracting from the Russia story in any way whatsoever.

What? No. He claimed Obama specifically ordered wiretaps on Trump Tower. Other people being surveilled doesn't satisfy that.

This isn't some master plan. Trump just regurgitates stupid bullshit he hears on TV and reads on Breitbart. It's not distracting from the Russia story in any way whatsoever.
The kindest reading is that he claimed they were doing some kind of survelliance on Trump at Trump towers. He didn't put quotes around anything other than "wiretap" after all. And the Senate intelligence committee already said there was no evidence of surveillance at Trump Tower.

People can be mad at several different things at the same time.

For instance, I can be mad at:

+ the way my life turned out
+ Capcom being Capcom
+ the American electorate picking this conman over a well-qualified woman
+ Van Jones being a piece of shit
+ our president being a Russian plant
+ our president lying about his predecessor tapping his phones
+ my brother being a libertarian
+ the fact that the NY Giants released Victor Cruz
+ Jim Comey's POS decisions over the last year
+ you yelling at us that we're being "distracted"

all at the same time. It's amazing how that works.

Lorcain

In such dark times I want to believe that we have another 30+ year old philosophy major out there. My hope is that one happens upon this thread intentionally, or accidentally, we'll never know, and then steps in to resume the argument that the burden of truth is not on the person making the statement, it's on the listener.

akira28

He's had two weeks to show proof, the ability to declassify documents, and the federal government at his disposal. This guy is going to argue logic. Oh boy.

intellectually, we can't dismiss the possibilities. it will just have to remain an unsolvable thought experiment. "What if Obama ordered a wiretap on Trump?"

edit: Sorry. "What if "Obama" 'ordered' a "wiretap" on "Trump"?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom