• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jimmy Kimmel’s interview with Sean Spicer

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZJpwidiMco
Sean talks about Donald Trump's tweeting, his Inauguration crowd size, fake news, Melissa McCarthy's impersonation of him, Anthony Scaramucci and more.

Via Washington Post:
Jimmy Kimmel had a lot to discuss with Sean Spicer on Wednesday night, as President Trump's embattled former press secretary stopped by ”Jimmy Kimmel Live" for his first interview since leaving the White House.

”He survived one of the worst jobs ever and is free, at last, to speak about it," Kimmel said by way of introduction, as Spicer walked out to big applause.

They talked Trump's Twitter habits; the term ”fake news"; that Melissa McCarthy impression (Spicer deemed it ”kind of funny"); whether he'll write a tell-all book (he says no); and, obviously, Anthony Scaramucci. But Kimmel was especially animated about one particular topic — Spicer's debut in front of the White House press corps back in January, with his statements about Trump's inauguration crowd size.

Nothing really interesting here. Basically "Yeah, I do as I say because I was his mouthpiece" and "Yeah I was happy the Mooch got fired"

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It's a decent interview, maybe not as entertaining as Scaramoochi's Colbert interview but it's good to see Spicy in a more casual environment.

“He survived one of the worst jobs ever and is free, at last, to speak about it,” Kimmel said by way of introduction, as Spicer walked out to big applause.

Just make Spicer sound like a victim, brehs.

This dude was on the forefront of Trump's misinformation campaign.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Guy's still dancing.

But seriously, did anyone expect that a person who willingly chose to work under the president was going to be any different.

knicks

I think it's incredibly fucked up that Sean Spicer thinks it's humorous that when there is bad press on Trump, it's regarded as being 'fake news' and when the press says positive things about him, it's then not 'fake news.'

Dude, that shit is not funny at all.

kevin1025

Banned
I'm fine with him being interviewed, but treating him like a buddy and letting easy follow-ups go by the wayside was ridiculous. He repeated multiple times that lumping everyone together (in terms of the Republicans) is wrong and that everyone is different, while then saying that the press are out to get Trump in broad terms. Kimmel almost got him there, but didn't follow through on it. How can you lump one side and then say it's wrong to lump your side?

So, his logic for the "all news is fake news" argument is because the media refers to "Republicans" or "Democrats" instead of individual people?

That's a pretty terrible set of logic there.

Plus, it's hard to no lump all of one party in together when you have people like McCain who verbally says he disagrees with things the rest of his party wants, but then votes with them anyway.

dickroach

we're having late night hosts talk to fired Trump administration members like they just got voted off of a reality show? wonderful

"remember when the cameras caught you lying?"
"haha, yeah, that sure was a crazy episode!"

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
"Survived" one of the worst jobs ever? Man, fuck Kimmel.

Boylamite

Haha this guy who was a mouthpiece for a white supremacist president who is selling out western democracy to a Russian oligarch is such a down to earth funny guy haha

rambis

Banned
"Survived" one of the worst jobs ever? Man, fuck Kimmel.

Worst job ever is maybe a stretch but I would definitely view that position as a marathon test of will and sanity. Think of some of the shit he's had to answer for. Fuck that.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Worst job ever is maybe a stretch but I would definitely view that position as a marathon test of will and sanity. Think of some of the shit he's had to answer for. Fuck that.

Dude wasn't enslaved or doing the job at gunpoint. He didn't have to answer for anything. He was a collaborator through and through and a true piece of shit. To act like he endured something or that he was the victim in any way is just ridiculous. He could have quit any time. There are hundreds of opportunities to take the high road and quit in protest of something Trump did. Instead he chose to continue his job and the only thing that got him to quit was the hiring of Scaramucci. He just couldn't stomach working under that guy.

100% self-serving despicable scumbag that doesn't deserve any screen time or interviews, much less anyone's sympathy.

norm9

Gross.

These people take a step forward for equality and then for the ratings shit on themselves right after.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
There's a very good chance this oaf was involved in treason, and he certainly defended it. Further, he lied directly and frequently to the American people about very serious matters on multiple occasions. At one point, almost every single day. He scolded journalists for asking legitimate questions and called the free press liars.

He's not "Uncle Spicy" he's a wretched liar and traitor who has helped cause massive harm to American democracy in the defense of a person he knows is a crook and a liar.

He's not "just the messenger" he's an incompetent buffoon who knowingly dissembled and harmed our institutions.

I'm not normalizing him. he should be in prison.

The only press secretary worse than him was the bad tempered walking Picasso who replaced him.

cameron

Hey Spicey, remember that time you denied the holocaust

And this -> CBC: White House invokes Quebec mosque shooting when defending travel ban
Press secretary Sean Spicer began his daily briefing with news that the president had offered Prime Minister Justin Trudeau his country's condolences, prayers and any law-enforcement help Canada might need.

Then came a political point — one that glossed over the fact that in the case of the Quebec mosque massacre, the victims were Muslims, and they were allegedly shot and killed by a reported fan of President Donald Trump.

"It's a terrible reminder of why we must remain vigilant. And why the president is taking steps to be proactive, not reactive," Spicer said Monday.

He later made clear he was, in fact, making the link to the executive order on travel, which specifically targets travel from primarily Muslim countries in the Middle East.

Asked about the executive order, he went back to his earlier remark: "As I said in the statement, the president is going to be very proactive in protecting this country. ... That's the key point in this — how do we get ahead of threats? How do we keep America ahead of the curve, when it comes to people who want to do us harm?"

The suspect in the mosque shooting, Alexandre Bissonnette, is not from the countries affected by the travel ban and appears to be Canadian-born and raised.

Sean Spicer is a piece of shit.

Top Bottom