• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man Homecoming - Official Trailer #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krowley

Holy shit at the spoilers!

I wish I'd read the thread before I started watching.

Movie looks great, and I don't think the trailer ruined it for me or anything, but I wish I'd known.

EDIT: note: I don't think I've ever complained about spoilers in a trailer before, or at least I can't remember ever doing it, but some of these are really nasty. The trailer shows some plot twists I would rather not know in advance.

Huge Spider-Man fan here. I would take pride in being one of the biggest on GAF.

And I don't think you realize how god damn big Guardians of the Galaxy is now. It's going to make more money than this movie.

Unless you're predicting over a billion for Guardians that's a pretty lofty claim.

I wish it was more about Peter and less about Tony, but I did have a thought...

How long do they have Holland locked up?

It was the line about Tony wanting Peter to be better than him that intrigued me. So far Iron Man has been the lead of the MCU, but how much longer is RDJ going to continue in the role? I wonder if they're setting up a passing of the torch to make Spidey front and center and retire Iron Man (at least for a while) once Downey is done.

As a huge Spidey fan, I'm there day one. I do appreciate that his demeanor seems right from what we've seen so far.

Looking at the development of the (lol) SCU (Spiderman Cinematic Universe), it doesn't seem like Marvel has him locked up at all and he'll be gone after IW 1 or 2. Sony will then mess him and his lore up again. I give it 10 years.

Iron Man CGI is so terrible when he jumps out suit. Like worse then youtube Cosplay.
Didn't even notice it, it's not like it's ten year old CGI, Its hood enough for normal folk. Whenever I see people make a scrunchy face towards CGI I wonder if they see that CGI the same way I see sci Fi channel CGI.

Ros8105

UOLl4fW.png

Aunt Bae
bts_lina.gif
wtf. Aunt May is the hottest girl in a spiderman movie.

Slayven

I don't think the plot will be as important as the character interactions in this specific film. It's a superhero film. We can already guess the basic plot beats.

I want to see how Peter interacts with kids at school, with his Aunt, etc. One of the strengths of the Ultimate Spider-Man comic stuff (and one of the weaknesses of the Amazing Spider-man films) is that Peter's schoolmates actually had some character development. In the films where he is still in school, they will develop his love interest and whoever is going to turn heel, and leave the rest of the supporting spider-cast as extras.

I hope you get that Alpha Flight movie you always wanted

I feel like I read the "they showed the whole movie" posts every trailer thread lol nothing new

You do.

It's one of the easier, and more pointless (un) criticisms to lob at any piece of marketing.

It's almost literally saying "ugh. This commercial did what commercials do."

Like that's a complaint.

Like anyone goes to any of these things for the fucking plotting.

Like the plotting is somehow THE ENTIRETY of the storytelling.

Like the storytelling can be rendered completely superfluous by a single commercial.

And yet for every giant-size slab of escapism that comes sliding down the belt, they're queued up near the front of the line to inspect it 2 or 3 times almost SOLELY TO SAY

"WELP, looks like I just saw the whole movie"

No, guy. No you didn't. You watched a commercial. Voluntarily. I can't tell if you're consistently making this bullshit claim in every thread because you're really that surprised (you're obviously not) or because you think you deserve credit upon announcing you think you might have figured out the basic plot of your 40th fuckin superhero movie after watching your 1000th commercial for one.

A whole lotta people seem to honestly believe there's no point in watching a movie once you know the basic plot synopsis.

It's fucking weird.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
I don't think the plot will be as important as the character interactions in this specific film. It's a superhero film. We can already guess the basic plot beats.

I want to see how Peter interacts with kids at school, with his Aunt, etc. One of the strengths of the Ultimate Spider-Man comic stuff (and one of the weaknesses of the Amazing Spider-man films) is that Peter's schoolmates actually had some character development. In the films where he is still in school, they will develop his love interest and whoever is going to turn heel, and leave the rest of the supporting spider-cast as extras.

I agree with all of this. And this trailer didn't spoil too many of these moments at all.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
"The rich and the powerful... they don't care about us".

Makes multi-million dollar pieces of cutting edge equipment.

Vulture owns a salvaging business and scavenges parts from superhero battles to make the cutting edge equipment.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Unless you're predicting over a billion for Guardians that's a pretty lofty claim.

Guardians 1 made almost $800m. Guardians 2 will do better than that.

This movie is going to make bank as well but it's still fighting the "the past 3 Spider-Man movies have been awful" narrative.

Yes, Tony will help the movie quite a bit. But this isn't Civil War. It's not making a billion.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member

That's not it though. You just don't show key scenes in a trailer regardless if it's important or that you could easily guess it would happen because now you already know it will happen.

You do.

It's one of the easier, and more pointless (un) criticisms to lob at any piece of marketing.

Like that's a complaint.

Like the storytelling can be rendered completely superfluous by a single commercial.

And yet for every giant-size slab of escapism that comes sliding down the belt, they're queued up near the front of the line to inspect it 2 or 3 times almost SOLELY TO SAY

"WELP,looks like I just saw the whole movie"

No, guy. No you didn't. You watched a commercial. Voluntarily.

A whole lotta people seem to honestly believe there's no point in watching a movie once you know the basic plot synopsis.

It's fucking weird.
I totally agree.

Here, I will totally ruin every hero movie ever made: they overcome the odds and emerge victorious.

Sorry. But think how much money I just saved you.

Slayven

You do.

Like that's a complaint.

"WELP, looks like I just saw the whole movie"

No, guy. No you didn't. You watched a commercial. Voluntarily. I can't tell if you're consistently making this bullshit claim in every thread because you're really that surprised (you're obviously not) or because you think you deserve credit upon announcing you think you might have figured out the basic plot of your 40th fuckin superhero movie after watching your 1000th commercial for one.

It's fucking weird.
I will be shocked when Spiderman mans up and saves the day
swiss using wrestling terms warms my heart, I've corrupted him fully

Nobody wants that

Shhhhhh....let him dream

marvel-rights-v4.png

can someone please explain: what the orange and yellow divide is up on the top left, as well as what the grey around namor and kingpin mean?

also if this is the most updated, it implies that disney can use all the other spiderman characters besides spiderman. i thought they could use only spiderman

Furyous

nah, it's much closer to that "leaked" concept
NEhNnfycNlUmkp_1_1.jpg

It's like Peter Parker got transferred to Konoha's ninja training rooms and found inspiration.

no WAY this grosses more than guardians.

It's got a black Gwen Stacy/Mary Jane, Iron Man, Aunt May
ilf, hobo spidey costume, and a sidekick
so it has to gross more. Toss in a
Miles
reference here, a
Kamala
reference there, and now we've got a younger version of the marvel cinematic universe.

Guardians 1 made almost $800m. Guardians 2 will do better than that.

This movie is going to make bank as well but it's still fighting the "the past 3 Spider-Man movies have been awful" narrative.

Yes, Tony will help the movie quite a bit. But this isn't Civil War. It's not making a billion.

It's Spider-Man, featuring Iron Man.

Much like Batman, featuring Superman, 800-900 million would be a disappointment based on precedent.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Bobby, you get quite upset at people who don't like what they consider to be spoilers. It's okay man, you don't care about that stuff, other people do. They're not wrong or dumb for thinking this trailer shows too much. It just matters less to you.

I generally agree with your sentiment on the topic but this trailer certainly seems to be on the more extreme side of things.

ZeoVGM

Banned
It's Spider-Man, featuring Iron Man.

Much like Batman, featuring Superman, 800-900 million would be a disappointment based on precedent.

Absolutely zero logical person would think 800-900 million is a disappointment for this movie.

ASM2 made $700m. If Homecoming, potentially the first good Spider-man movie in over a decade, makes $850m, no one is going to consider that a disappointment.

It's also not the same thing as Batman and Superman on screen together as we've already had Spider-Man and Iron Man together. Less than a year ago. There isn't some sort of festering hype to see these two characters on screen together anymore like there was with Batman and Superman.

Anung

Un Rama
looks great.

That suit though... it fucking looks like a CGI suit. It just doesn't fit into any scene at all.

It basically is a CGI suit if I remember.

I kinda dig what they're doing linking it to Iron Man 3 with the "suit doesn't make the hero" stuff. Makes little sense being like "I'm nothing with this suit " when he has super strength, speed, agility, spider-sense and home made web shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom