• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiders could theoretically eat every human on Earth in one year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violet_0

Banned
I'm confident that we can eat all those spiders before they can eat us. I mean, that's how humanity dealt with every problem

Kinyou

tumblr_o1y0n4CHZP1ry8rcwo2_400.gif

StayDead

Clean energy was a mistake. The only way out of this now is to shovel more coal into the furnaces.

Trump was saving us all after all. Obama is probably a spider in a suit or something.

/s

Although spiders are scary, I think they're our friends right now. Let's hope that doesn't change.

Please don't create threads about news stories whose sole point is to horrify and appall people. It doesn't improve the forum to make people tiptoe in between threads about mundane atrocities just to participate in the OT. Real news stories of cultural import are fine, just not random terrible things.

Thought it was interesting rather than appalling. Not everyone has an irrational fear and hatred of spiders. I welcome them in my home for their contribution to keeping the house clean from vermin.

rjinaz

Please don't create threads about news stories whose sole point is to horrify and appall people. It doesn't improve the forum to make people tiptoe in between threads about mundane atrocities just to participate in the OT. Real news stories of cultural import are fine, just not random terrible things.

Lol. Well I for one thought your joke was good.

Slayven

Wtf is that about?

Anyways, my apartment is infested with spiders. Is annoying. I prefer house centipedes but spiders will do. I let them stay behind cabinets or corners in the closet.

Remember that spider that bit Spiderman and gave him powers? Well a guy figured it out and ate the dead spider, it dissolved his insides and turned him into thousands of spiders called The Thousand. He takes over people's bodies by eating them from the inside out.

ThisGuy

Remember that spider that bit Spiderman and gave him powers? Well a guy figured it out and ate the dead spider, it dissolved his insides and turned him into thousands of spiders called The Thousand. He takes over people's bodies by eating them from the inside out.

I really need to get into spiderman. That's too cool.

No it wasn't at all, just wondering what the rules would be like if something were to occur.

It's a world of difference to wander into a thread with 'spiders' as the first word and complain that you saw a spider, than to have images that trigger your medically recognised condition sent directly to you with the intent of causing harm. If you read up on that case you might find messages the culprit sent to friends joking about whether or not it would kill the target. There's intent to cause harm in one and wandering into a thread you know will trigger your phobias in the other.

Don't they reproduce by the 100's?

That's why I kill them on site in the home
I don't want his seeds coming after me in my sleep so I kill him before it can reproduce. But then I wonder.....What if it already did.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
The Twitter user was DMing other people saying that he hoped the image caused a seizure so, uhhhhhhhhhh.

It's a world of difference to wander into a thread with 'spiders' as the first word and complain that you saw a spider, than to have images that trigger your medically recognised condition sent directly to you with the intent of causing harm. If you read up on that case you might find messages the culprit sent to friends joking about whether or not it would kill the target. There's intent to cause harm in one and wandering into a thread you know will trigger your phobias in the other.

I know, It's just me being curious as to what would happen lol. Not trying to say he was being malicious, and I'm not even saying it was a bad thing to post. I was about to post it to facebook.

Couldn't the same claim be made about Ants? Ant colonies can be massive. I have actually seen an ant colony strip apart a bird that crashed into a window of my house, bounced off of it and died on the lawn.

Spiders are no big deal. They mostly keep to themselves and actually do a service.

Roaches are far worse and more disgusting.

Then there's bed bugs.........

JJDubz

Spiders=Bros.

I had minor arachnophobia before needing to run phone lines in a few hundred crawl spaces. Facing that fear got rid of it pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom