• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGX 2013 |OT| DON'T BE CRANKY [Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I in music GAF right now?

I came in here expecting opinions on the show, and I just see music criticism everywhere. I guess the performance was either good, or bad then?

IrishNinja

This is a music genre that frequently refers to black people as "N*****", gay people as "F*****" and women as "B****". Is it any wonder that they are not popular to at least several group of people by doing this? On top of that, some people are just not fond of the kind of rhythm that rap/hip hop songs tend to produce. But no, you just have to assume that people are racist because they don't like the kind of music genre you like.

this was not at all my claim, so here's someone who said it better:

Actually, I learned that there is a big difference between saying "I hate this music" to say "This thing is not music".

I came in here expecting opinions on the show, and I just see music criticism everywhere. I guess the performance was either good, or bad then?

shit was booty buttcheeks, hence why we're talkin' music now

I LOVED watching Geoff SQUIRM

OLvnnMu.gif

PRICELESS.

And you know Angry Joe was loving it too.

Mory Dunz

The reason jazz got so popular in the 20s was because it was in the exact same position hip hop is now. It was "rebellious" music back then
You can bet people were calling it "not music" during that time

I was talking more about today. Like do people today say Jazz or Blues isn't "music" because it is seen rooted in black culture. I wasn't trying to get into pre Civil Rights era stuff...

I personally never said it wasn't music. I listen it to it. I think anythings music pretty much. I'm just tired of people calling other people racist all the time over nothing. That's where I was going.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
what a fucking horrendous showing. fuck, i was setting expectations low - i just needed to see some more of quantum break, titanfall, and the witcher. i guess i saw them, i just expected more then tiny fucking glimpses. shit.

Bookoo

Bullshit.

"Same Love" wasn't even the most powerful "real" track of that year.

Kendrick Lamar's "Swimming Pools (Drank)" is more real, more personal, and more powerful than anything Macklemore has ever done. And it's subversive as hell, because it's a fucking JAM, not some self-conscious, self-important verse over a protest song.

There are plenty of personal rap songs, but more people treat that song like a drinking song than a personal song with a deep message.

Same Love may be cheesy, but it is very clear and easy for people to understand.

Asgaro

I'm getting major second hand embarrassment from the people freaking out over that stupid Banderas meme...again...

I feel more embarrassed about the 80% of offtopicness and plain bitching in this thread about the show.
Why are gamers so damn depressed on Neogaf?

Silky

Banned
Ghetto music beat emotional storytelling music

yeah because a musical score can't be judged on it's own impressive merits without instantly degrading it to the lowest common denominator because it's "ghetto"

this thread really needs a lock

MechaX

Like, the show wasn't Konami E3 2010 bad (that was a real event horizon), but I just feel like this award show wasted my time. Dumb Loiter Squad gags, Joel channeling Jamie Kennedy while having zero chemistry with Geoff, Cranky Fucking Kong, and showing PewDiePie as if that is going to make the gaming audience seem decent.

Edit: Holy fuck, "ghetto music"?

Just nuke this thread at this point.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
The only 3 things worth a godamn at VGX:

1) Joel Banderas
2) No Man's Sky
3) The Division

Fixed that for you ....

and even the Division was close to a complete non-event. If it didn't look so good ...

I need a "Quit being excited about things" monkey to just bite the shit out of me and pull my hair whenever my bp rises above a certain hype level cause this shit was fucking weak.

oh boy this thing was so bad that i stared to drink nore than i already was before it started some tequila and vodka and whoppui doo now i'm kindadrunk
thanks fucking geff! your shows suck tearaway sis the real goty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom