• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 - Global Testfire announced (March 24-26)

yup just announced @ koshien stream. can see the jp viewers are really excited
b993ec583c.jpg

pitt_norton

Niiiiceee.. . loved the first tesfire a couple of year ago. Special times.

Just got to figure out how to afford a pro controller... I though the game played alot more solid with it when I played it in Tokyo.

Forkball

Dat launch window.

I think the original testfires were instrumental in the success of the first game, so I'm glad they're doing it again.

Rezbit

East Coast AusGAF, hopefully this is right:

25th: 7AM - 8AM
3PM - 4PM
11PM - 12AM

26th: 7AM - 8AM
3PM - 4PM
11PM - 12AM

Cuburt

Hell yes!

Time to teach rollernoobs a valuable lesson.

GAAAAAAH I just thought, what if Nintendo does this for ARMS as well????

m4st4

Oh my god the Switch hype is real, March is going to be insane.

Edit: Guess I'll have to buy the Pro controller before March 24.

Crayolan

Played for the first time in over a year today and remembered why I love this game. This timing. :<

I wonder if any of my friends will have a Switch at launch.

m4st4

Yeah see this is me. I wasn't planning on getting one until Splatoon 2 releases. Dammit! lol

Luckily, payday is on March 10 so I'll make it, but damn it! :)

Nintendo is making all the right marketing moves ever since that downer of a conference (I'm talking everything from hands-on preview events to TV-commercials, Superbowl etc.)

AdanVC

Awesome!!! Hope this means the game will come out sooner than expected!

Do they want to sell millions of splatoon 2?

Because this is how they sell millions of splatoon 2

The very first global test they did when the original Splatoon was about to come out was what sold me on the game. I get instantly hooked and it's been since then one of my most played games on Wii U and one of my fave games in years, so yeah, this global test thing truly works.

jts

...hate me...
I'm a kid now

I'm a squid now

I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid I'm a kid I'm a squid now

Jashobeam

missed out on Splatoon 1 but jumping all in for the sequel, this is also a good chance to test out how good Nintendo servers are for online gaming, and if they have improved at all from Wii U, considering they are going to start charging for it now.

jariw

missed out on Splatoon 1 but jumping all in for the sequel, this is also a good chance to test out how good Nintendo servers are for online gaming, and if they have improved at all from Wii U, considering they are going to start charging for it now.

The main issue with the Splatoon 1 was the P2P of 8 players with heavy data traffic. People playing on Wifi and/or with bad bandwidth caused lags for other people.

I doubt that the requirement of 8 players having good internet connections with low latency will change.

Top Bottom