• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 - Global Testfire announced (March 24-26)

KingBroly

Banned
This is them saying 'beating Zelda will take you 3 weeks,' isn't it?

This is good, though. I'm sure the Roller will be even more nerfed than they tried to make it, last time. Love me some Roller.

daakusedo

I see the news and then downer right off the bat with it being the event demo.
It will be the 720p aliased dock version ( and even with the hypothesis it's not definitive)
and just one map which I felt uneventful, a condensed urchin underpass, if they got the fitness map that would have been good.
Though I forgot to test the dual guns at the event lol...so there will be that and tinker with the gyros which wasn't possible.

UK times for Splatoon 2 testfire

UK GAF:

Friday 24th:

7pm-8pm
3am-4am (Saturday 25th)

Saturday 25th:

12pm-1pm
7pm-8pm
5am-6am (Sunday 26th) (clocks change at 1am on the 26th, hence the 9hr difference from PT)

Sunday 26th:

1pm-2pm (clocks change at 1am on the 26th, hence the 9hr difference from PT)

sorry to say your time conversion for bolded one is wrong. someone else in previous page posted the correct one. protip, convert from japan times & you won't get the time wrong :p

Yeah, my hope is June! Expecting July/August.

I would hope it comes out in June. Nintendo's grand plan to avoid droughts this time around is to keep pumping out major releases throughout the year. We have Breath of the Wild (and 1-2 Switch I guess) at launch in March and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in April, so hopefully we can get ARMS in May and Splatoon 2 in June. Then at E3 that month they can detail their software plans for the rest of the year.

MouldyK

sorry to say your time conversion for bolded one is wrong. someone else in previous page posted the correct one. protip, convert from japan times & you won't get the time wrong :p

I converted from US PDT but forgot about the clocks changing. Mine was molded by a couple mistakes.

Where's Nintendo UK with it's fancy art showing us though? :p

jonno394

It will be the 720p aliased dock version ( and even with the hypothesis it's not definitive)
and just one map which I felt uneventful, a condensed urchin underpass, if they got the fitness map that would have been good.
Though I forgot to test the dual guns at the event lol...so there will be that and tinker with the gyros which wasn't possible.

I understand your worries but i'm pretty certain they won't force it to be dock only. If they do I'll be very surprised.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
This is cool :) And I just read the "Why is there no promotion for Switch" thread, too :D

Those times are brutal but I am so in. Didn't expect it so soon tbh

I've been playing the first Splatoon recently so I'm interested to see what the visual improvements are.

jariw

This bodes well for an earlier release than expected. May or June please!

May is for ARMS.

I don't think this means anything for the release date. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a 2nd testfire for marketing reasons, closer to release.

tsundoku

I should hope the final game is going to be aliased and 720 upscaled like the first game?

the first game drops to like 15fps as soon as people start spamming obnoxious tactics and purposefully use a bad gun to build up suction bonb rushes at an absurd speed and stack bomb rushes on top of one another.

It also drops to like 20fps if anyone dares to launch a single well earned bomb rush or inkstrike on the big maps

I'd really like to see Splatoon actually maintain a locked 60

Also its hilarious to read through some of the posts from people in here who clearly dropped Splatoon 1 after a week / a month and don't understand that there are arsenals of weapons superior at painting turf then the regular old roller, as well as that the jump slash being a forced vertical swing on the Roller should be taken as a nerf/sidegrade

This is good, though. I'm sure the Roller will be even more nerfed than they tried to make it, last time. Love me some Roller.

It took me three weeks to beat resident evil VII. Breath of the wild is probably going to take three months.

13ruce

Banned

That one is gonna take me a long time possibly 4+ months i am gonna 100% this game without a guide, gonna find everything myself.

Edit:
those damn 900 Korok seeds

Easy_D

never left the stone age
That's *cool* as shit. Way to build some hype and awareness of the game yo. Nintendo demos, what a crazy life we live

Guys, it's just a few hours. No reason to be so excited.

I'm totally excited for it and I've been contemplating whether or not to buy Switch at launch mainly for Zelda. I've been leaning on yes, but this just sealed the deal. Splatoon is really such an incredible and charmy game.

Tunoku

Awesome, pretty excited to finally play Splatoon again. I don't think I'd have any fun playing the first game on Wii U at this point, only played it for around 20-30 hours, and people who still play that game today really, really like Splatoon. I wish it was a proper open beta weekend though, instead of these short sessions. At least make two hour windows!

Awesome, pretty excited to finally play Splatoon again. I don't think I'd have any fun playing the first game on Wii U at this point, only played it for around 20-30 hours, and people who still play that game today really, really like Splatoon. I wish it was a proper open beta weekend though, instead of these short sessions. At least make two hour windows!

I've been playing the first one here in there again during the past few weeks and there's plenty of people who are sub level 10. So it's not like I'm going on there and just constantly getting wrecked. Still really fun.

It's purposefully short to stress test the server.

But anyway, there are still plenty of not that excellent people playing Splatoon. Even the level 50 ones (which, granted, there are a lot of) aren't really much better than lower level people. Most people don't learn that deeply even when playing a lot. I recently started playing it again and didn't have any problems.

Vinnk

The testfire of the first game sold me on it. This might do the same for a lot of people.

Who am I kidding? Most of the people who have a Switch by the end of March are already all in.

Still crazy to me that we'll be playing Splatoon on a handheld.
It was crazy to me how well gyro played on handheld. The game looses essentially nothing while making the transition, I may almost prefer playing handheld.

It's that good.

OT: glad they're doing this again, and quite a ways before release at that. It's also cool that since it's on switch, just having the console with you and an Internet connection will be all that is required to play.

unbiasedgamer

Neo Member
"We’re also happy to report that Splatoon 2 will be compatible with Splatoon series amiibo figures and, for the first time in the series, with an upcoming Nintendo Switch app for smart devices that enhances online play. This app will connect to the game and allow players to set play appointments with friends and teammates who have been added to their Nintendo Switch friend list or via their social media accounts. It also allows players to match up with those friends directly in the game or voice chat with them via their smart device. For example, during a Private Battle, players can voice chat with all of their connected friends when they divide into teams, but once teams are set, voice chat is switched to communication only between teammates on the same team.

In order to use this app, players need to link their Nintendo Account to their Nintendo Switch system and have a smart device capable of in-game voice chat. Online features will require a paid subscription. Data fees may apply. More details will be announced at a later date."

So the app will enhance online play. So you can play online without it. We should be able to test this too during the stress test hopefully

daakusedo

I should hope the final game is going to be aliased and 720 upscaled like the first game?

the first game drops to like 15fps as soon as people start spamming obnoxious tactics and purposefully use a bad gun to build up suction bonb rushes at an absurd speed and stack bomb rushes on top of one another.

It also drops to like 20fps if anyone dares to launch a single well earned bomb rush or inkstrike on the big maps

I'd really like to see Splatoon actually maintain a locked 60

Also its hilarious to read through some of the posts from people in here who clearly dropped Splatoon 1 after a week / a month and don't understand that there are arsenals of weapons superior at painting turf then the regular old roller, as well as that the jump slash being a forced vertical swing on the Roller should be taken as a nerf/sidegrade

Hoping for the minimum is your right, yes!
Building your point over rare occurences and weapons not even in the sequel, which is on a more powerful machine is also not too convincing.

It was crazy to me how well gyro played on handheld. The game looses essentially nothing while making the transition, I may almost prefer playing handheld.

It's that good.

OT: glad they're doing this again, and quite a ways before release at that. It's also cool that since it's on switch, just having the console with you and an Internet connection will be all that is required to play.

That's great to hear, being a sleep mode away gives this a lot of portable appeal.

Top Bottom