• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Is playin Salmon Run with ransoms always full of Rambo style players who take on the entire enemy team instead of saving teammates?

I feel like part of the problem with Salmon Run is the individual scoring system encourages bad team play. Like, someone can see that they got a bunch of eggs, and think that means they played well, but that's not necessarily the case. The scoring system doesn't cover things like making sure the ink paths to the egg basket are maintained, backing up your teammates, communicating, etc.

I feel like part of the problem with Salmon Run is the individual scoring system encourages bad team play. Like, someone can see that they got a bunch of eggs, and think that means they played well, but that's not necessarily the case.
Am I right in thinking that Salmon Run doesn't have an 'order' at the end in the sense of good to bad, or is it like the others?

Branduil

The ๖ۜBronx;246048274 said:
Am I right in thinking that Salmon Run doesn't have an 'order' at the end in the sense of good to bad, or is it like the others?

I don't think so, but it still shows everyone's points, golden eggs, res and splat counts.

JonnyKong

Every single time I try out a new weapon in the testing area I think, yeah this is great, feels really good, and then as soon as I take it out on the battlefield I proceed to get my arse kicked :(

I guess they could do that for Ranked modes, but it'd probably be easier to just say "Hey you didn't have 4 people on your team so this loss doesn't hurt your rank".

I'm pretty sure it does this already. If you have a teammate disconnect early (I don't know what Nintendo decided early means) you get a message after the game when you lose saying your ranking won't change because of that match.

Is there a general sense on what the "best" abilities are? Of course it's going to vary by situation, and some are more obviously useful than others, but are there any front runners that might not be as clear?

Blackie

Just played online for 9 hours straight, wow. Been years since a shooter got me competitive like that. This game is really something else :D

Just played online for 9 hours straight, wow. Been years since a shooter got me competitive like that. This game is really something else :D

Yeah i played COD and Battlefield for a long time. Was burnt on competitive multiplayer shooters. But Splatoon 2 really is the cats meow and clicks with me. If they can just get some of the online issues stabilized, you would probably never hear me complain again about the game lol.

I'm going to play Ranked mode for the first time. Is there a good go to weapon for someone like me on Splat Zones. I've read the rules to familiarize myself with it a little.

I wish they would just toss out the stupid system of only two maps in rotation.

More annoyed by the modes than the maps to be honest.

I'm going to play Ranked mode for the first time. Is there a good go to weapon for someone like me on Splat Zones. I've read the rules to familiarize myself with it a little.

Octobrush is ridiculously good on that mode, especially with Ninja Squid.

cloudyboy

Neo Member
Am I the only one that think that there is something adorable with the facts that smallfry try to kill you with tiny plastic spoons?... well off course adorable until they actually get to you because you where not paying attention

Does it matter where your abilities are allocated? Like, does a main saver up sub ability have less of an effect when added to gear with a different main ability than if it was added to gear with main saver up as a main?

Or is it like, alright, between all your gear you have three of the sub ability, so that's the bonus you get.

Feltrol

Banned
So guys, what has been your highest score?

keCgPrZ.png

The ๖ۜBronx;246051230 said:
More annoyed by the modes than the maps to be honest.

image.php

random25

Depends on your play style. Splattershot is pretty good all-around. Tri sloshers is strong. Octrobrush is really good close range.

Why would you get a pro controller instead of just using the joycons in the grip? I feel like I've seen this a ton of times in this thread too and I don't get it

Button and stick layout feels much better. Played the Splatfest demo with the grip and it never felt right. Whether that's $75 better is debatable, but I always have my switch docked so I'm always using the pro controller with Splatoon

Is any of the summer gear actually new? Can't say I have seen the full moon glasses before and I tried to check some gear list on wikis and didn't see them there yet.

https://play.nintendo.com/news-tips/news/splatoon-summer-gear-guide/

This is from the first Splatoon. I hope they bring all of that stuff back though, I loved the Octarian jacket.

Biske

I don't know why I even bother playing when its Splat Zones, the worst mode, on these god awful maps. One zone on these tiny maps is atrocious.

Blackie

Yeah i played COD and Battlefield for a long time. Was burnt on competitive multiplayer shooters. But Splatoon 2 really is the cats meow and clicks with me. If they can just get some of the online issues stabilized, you would probably never hear me complain again about the game lol.

Double agreed. Got more than a few DCs and 3v4 matches but I am so hyped I keep playing to win anyway...

SpokkX

This game is amazingly fun.

*this* close to wasting money on a pro controller.

Is it really better than split joycon?

Imo split joycons >>>>>>> pro controller

... if you use motion controls

Otherwise pro >>>>>>> split joycons (pro is way more comfortable)

Motion controls are waaaaay more intuitive with just moving your right hand, moving the entire pro controller does not really work well imo

selo

Almost OT2 :eek:. I wish they patch out the bit with pearl and marina where they mention the current maps, it got old very fast. I turned on the system one day at 8:59,got the maps announcement, once they finished they did it again cause it changed at 9 :/.

Mediking

Somebody in the Plaza drew some amazing Pokemon inspired Splatoon 2 fanart. Its amazing.

And there's Dio fanart too.

I was drawing Minato playing Splatoon 2 but I actually deleted the drawing before posting. I was so salty....

timshundo

Man I can’t wait for this game to be balanced out. Weapon adjustments, speed adjustments, map modifications... Splatoon 1 had some of the fattest change logs I’d ever seen. Always fun to scroll through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom