• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo split joycons >>>>>>> pro controller

... if you use motion controls

Otherwise pro >>>>>>> split joycons (pro is way more comfortable)

Motion controls are waaaaay more intuitive with just moving your right hand, moving the entire pro controller does not really work well imo

I played like 4-5 hours with the Switch in handheld mode and it was the first time one of my fingers got stiff and I had to bend it with the other hand. :x

CanaryRob

All I ask is for the Aerospray to be nerfed and the match making to be tweaked. Seems turf war games are won and lost on how many Aerosprays are on a team.

Also some net code lols: watched two people strafe around with Aerosprays throwing paint everywhere but never hitting each other. One just dropped and died.

All I ask is for the Aerospray to be nerfed and the match making to be tweaked. Seems turf war games are won and lost on how many Aerosprays are on a team.

Also some net code lols: watched two people strafe around with Aerosprays throwing paint everywhere but never hitting each other. One just dropped and died.

Any time I see people claim match making should be tweaked I wonder if they honestly believe that weapons and levels are the only, or even the sole, metrics used to pair people up

jorgejjvr

Imo split joycons >>>>>>> pro controller

... if you use motion controls

Otherwise pro >>>>>>> split joycons (pro is way more comfortable)

Motion controls are waaaaay more intuitive with just moving your right hand, moving the entire pro controller does not really work well imo
Agreed, split joy cons is the way to go for motion

CanaryRob

Any time I see people claim match making should be tweaked I wonder if they honestly believe that weapons and levels are the only, or even the sole, metrics used to pair people up

As far as I'm aware it's your play style that dictates who you get matched against. But please enlighten me if it's the contrary.

Mediking

No.

I'm an Aerospray main.

Our damage is terrible. You can kill us easily. Its not even funny.

Not sure really, admittedly stealth jump is the one I'm least certain I want. I rarely squidjump because most of the time you just get splatted upon landing. Perhaps drop roller is a better perk.. ah well, will probably just keep avoiding squidjump and use a perk on Ink Resistance.

Have to say a lot of the perks seem kinda.. shit? Quick respawn is only effective if you get splatted multiple times without splatting anyone, and respawn punisher hurts you and those who splat you.. great, two perks that only "help" if you're a garbage player. Those first 30 seconds/last 30 seconds perks also seem bad compared to things that last all game.
Just want you to know, since this is an ongoing problem with Respawn Punisher being translated very ineffectively; the penalties from Respawn Punisher apply to anyone you splat, and to you when you are splatted. It is not a reactive ability; it is a double-edged offensive ability.

Does it matter where your abilities are allocated? Like, does a main saver up sub ability have less of an effect when added to gear with a different main ability than if it was added to gear with main saver up as a main?

Or is it like, alright, between all your gear you have three of the sub ability, so that's the bonus you get.
You can have all your abilities anywhere on your gear and they all contribute the same way.

Does rerolling take the "certain ability more common on certain brand" into account?
Yup!

Fireblend

Banned
No.

I'm an Aerospray main.

This.

I use everything but aerospray and consistently destroy people using it. Do people not know to keep their distance from aerospray users? Their range is horrible and the way they blindly use their special so you can just swim up to them and kill them is like free kills.

Mediking

This.

I use everything but aerospray and consistently destroy people using it. Do people not know to keep their distance from aerospray users? Their range is horrible and the way they blindly use their special so you can just swim up to them and kill them is like free kills.

Just because I'm an Aerospray main that can acknowledge our terrible damage output... that doesn't mean you can say our range and special is horrible. :^)

Where you at?

I'll show you how a true Aerospray main fights.

ChrisD

A good Aerospray using their Special is such a difficult target to hit. Only ever seen two in random Turf War, but it gave me nightmares for that round. I'm so used to that free kill life. Never saw the 0 for 3 record against them coming.😧

DrArchon

Aerosprays are fine. They're so ineffective at getting kills that most of the turf they cover up just gets re-covered by the enemy team. They have big numbers at the end, but it's all lies. I used to think Aerosprays were OP too, but now they're just free kills.

The weapons that need nerfs are Octobrushes and Tri-Sloshers. Way too easy to get kills with them without requiring any kind of aim. Just flail around wildly and someone's gonna die. They have too much range for weapons with that much spread.

CanaryRob

No.

I'm an Aerospray main.

Hmm, whenever I use it I'll kill everything in my path and paint most of the map. I'm really not that great and I've not spec'ed any gear to empower it. Feel guilty for using it. I'll get past 1k on a losing team with it as well. I've tried most other weapons and keep coming back to it. Just seems to make any of the painting weapons (rollers, brushes, etc.) inferior.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They've got to need the ink jet. Just had a rainmaker game where the other team popped 4 of them at one time. They just last too damn long.

I've actually gone back to the regular Splattershot since I found ink jet rather annoying. You either get splatted in the air, or splatted when you land.

As far as I'm aware it's your play style that dictates who you get matched against. But please enlighten me if it's the contrary.

Well they've said in interviews that there are a number of hidden stats that the game keeps track of, particularly in determining how you as an individual plays and how far you jump up in ranked. There's even a visual indicator of this with the "8-Squid Squad Power" that shows at the start of ranked matches. I'm assuming the same is true for the matchmaking in that there are a number of hidden components used to assign you a (hidden) "score" and use to group you and split you into teams

I hate getting shite weapons in Salmon Run
I like it insofar as it keeps the mode fresh each time slot. It also varies the difficulty nicely and forces you to adapt to new ways of play, both individually and as a team. If we were allowed all the weapons it would be fun for awhile but the games would start to get repetitive as there isn't the balance for the full weapon pool to be viable (or at least, most of it) and clear weapons that can dominate multiple bosses over those that can handle one.

I've actually gone back to the regular Splattershot since I found ink jet rather annoying. You either get splatted in the air, or splatted when you land.

I'm on S+ for rainmaker and a match doesn't go by where 2 or more of those are the special on each team.

gogogow

Just a few more minutes and Salmon Run was about to end. Luckily I could squeeze in one more match and get enough points for a second super bonus. That's 70.000+ coins including selling some gears. Making some decent money with ranked/unranked matches takes like ages. Fortunately we have Salmon Run now and it's challenging and a lot of fun too.

Reached A- on Rainmaker. Just keep losing now because people don't want to play the objective. You spam THIS WAY and they ignore.😕
Yeah I'm done with Ranked Battle & randoms.
Maybe i'll try League... 🤔

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
What a shame:

dhiff6hvwaiyaq8yussh.jpg

Jaagen

I've just started doing ranked battles, and man, it's no fun with random people. I've been on the loosing team in most matches and I'm not progressing from C-. At all.

Oh, and I was playing rainmaker today and some idiot on my team decided to take the golden-fish thing and run to our side of the map, presumably to keep it safe from enemy hands. However, that didn't work very well and the other team rushed in, splated him and strolled into victory. What sucked the most was that we, after a bit of struggling, had managed to get a solid lead. And we were almost out of time.

gogogow

I've just started doing ranked battles, and man, it's no fun with random people. I've been on the loosing team in most matches and I'm not progressing from C-. At all.

Oh, and I was playing rainmaker today and some idiot on my team decided to take the golden-fish thing and run to our side of the map, presumably to keep it safe from enemy hands. However, that didn't work very well and the other team rushed in, splated him and strolled into victory. What sucked the most was that we, after a bit of struggling, had managed to get a solid lead. And we were almost out of time.

The game tells you NOT TO RETREAT with huge font on the screen when you have the rainmaker and you are not moving in the direction of the opposing team, lol. Some people just don't know how to play, they'll learn in time.
I've played Rainmaker matches with people who were playing turfwar..........

Biske

i'm not saying it's impossible. I just say that splatzones and tower control are easier to carry

I think splatzones is the hardest actually, the maps are so small and you can get to the zone so quick .

I think rainmaker is the best for soloing it actually. You have a lot of influence in this mode above all others, as great rainmaker play, some craftiness is all on you.

Soul Lab

I think splatzones is the hardest actually, the maps are so small and you can get to the zone so quick .

I think rainmaker is the best for soloing it actually. You have a lot of influence in this mode above all others, as great rainmaker play, some craftiness is all on you.
then we have to agree to disagree

Totakeke

I'm impressed by the amount of stuff on screen at one time on Salmon Run yet the game runs flawlessly. It often looks like a hellish war zone when the runs fail.

The aerospray is easily the best weapon for TW for mid-tier players and below. Great ink coverage, a good grenade and a decent super which bolsters your points and picks up easy kills.

It's not the best gun in the game, but it's too good for the vast majority to bother to go for anything else.

However, the real balance-breakers are the sloshers and brushes. They are too easy to spam and work too well outside their intended range.

It's so disheartening to see a tri-slosher spam it over and over again, popping ink armour - as if they need it (I think they have that?). It doesn't help that all the ranked modes force players together meaning you're a sitting duck at times. Tower control is particularly painful.

These weapons take little skill to use but virtually guarantee a decent level of success.

Personally, I don't think a lot of the loadouts are particularly well balanced... but yeah, sloshers and brushes are the worst offenders.

Jaagen

The game tells you NOT TO RETREAT with huge font on the screen when you have the rainmaker and you are not moving in the direction of the opposing team, lol. Some people just don't know how to play, they'll learn in time.
I've played Rainmaker matches with people who were playing turfwar..........

The irony is, we were doing fine up until the last minute. Had a solid 31-77 lead. I guess someone jnust thought safeguarding near home would be a shortcut to victory.

Sigh.

The aerospray is easily the best weapon for TW for mid-tier players and below. Great ink coverage, a good grenade and a decent super which bolsters your points and picks up easy kills.

It's not the best gun in the game, but it's too good for the vast majority to bother to go for anything else.

However, the real balance-breakers are the sloshers and brushes. They are too easy to spam and work too well outside their intended range.

It's so disheartening to see a tri-slosher spam it over and over again, popping ink armour - as if they need it ( I think they have that?). It doesn't help that all the ranked modes force players together meaning you're a sitting duck at times. Tower control is particularly painful.

These weapons take little skill to use but virtually guarantee a decent level of success.

Personally, I don't think a lot of the loadouts are particularly well balanced... but yeah, sloshers and brushes are the worst offenders.
Not saying you specifically are having trouble with Tri Slosher or Octobrush, but for anyone that hasn't tried them, I would recommend giving Rapid Blaster, Jet Squelcher or Splattershot Pro a go. They can fight Tri Slosher and Octobrush fairly well imo.

Not saying you specifically are having trouble with Tri Slosher or Octobrush, but for anyone that hasn't tried them, I would recommend giving Rapid Blaster, Jet Squelcher or Splattershot Pro a go. They can fight Tri Slosher and Octobrush fairly well imo.
This.

The ๖ۜBronx;246061154 said:
Make sure you throw a grenade so they have two things to deal with.
Can't throw bombs with Dapple Dualies. Well not regularly anyway.

Pikma

Banned
Alright, I'm sure the bomb resistance up drink is fucking broken, I've wasted 3 drinks already and I've only gotten 2 bomb resistance up, total.

Hugstable

Banned
Wait the abilities in your main slot are stronger than those in your sub slots? My shoes have Ink Res in Main Slot and 2 in Subs while my shirt is just 3 Ink Res Subs. Got currently 1 sub on hat and hope to get another.

Soul Lab

Wait the abilities in your main slot are stronger than those in your sub slots? My shoes have Ink Res in Main Slot and 2 in Subs while my shirt is just 3 Ink Res Subs. Got currently 1 sub on hat and hope to get another.
yes. 3 times stronger. At least it was like that in Splatoon 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom