• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

t hicks

Banned
Local shop around me is selling it already... I already got the $ in my eShop account and id rather go digital anyway tho... oh well i can wait 8 more hours lol

Added myself to the discord, I'll be on around midnight tonight :)

my FC: 7327-7687-7391

enewtabie

Pre ordered Monday from Amazon,but it's not arriving until next Tuesday. That has never happened. I thought I would have it on release date.

Maxinas

I kinda wish Splatoon 1 amiibo just gave you the same gear as Splatoon 2 amiibo do. Although, I guess it ultimately doesn't matter much since I'm likely not going to end up using amiibo gear most of the time. I think the only piece of gear I ended up using a lot after filling the ability slots was the hairclip, but I do like the Spla2n's amiibo gear better than the first game's.

Just buy those NFC tags and you won't have to worry about amiibos ever again.

FinKL

Yo I just got Splatoon2 delivered via Best Buy Free ground shipping. Amazing... can't wait for work to be over now :(

Silurus

Have you considered the South African store?

Will be live at 11pm UK time, and also works out at 38 quid. It's also EU region so no different to the UK version.

Other advantage is all you need to do is go to mynintendo.com change your region and you can use your uk debit/credit card, make your purchase and then change your region back to UK. No messing about with creating additional accounts and having all your purchases spread across different accounts.

I've bought all my games this way. It's actually cheaper than buying physical.

It's showing as 669 Rand, and 3.3Gb on the South African eShop.

Just set up a SA account. This is awesome. Thanks.

OCD Guy

Just set up a SA account. This is awesome. Thanks.

No worries. Just 1 hour and 14 minutes to go, but who's counting lol

Out of curiosity though you said you set up an SA account, for me personally the advantage is being able to make purchases using one account. I personally prefer having all my purchases tied to one account, as opposed to spread out.

The only minor inconvenience is having to access a web browser to go to mynintendo.com and change your region.

Although ultimately it's no big deal if you have more than one account that you make purchases from, as you can play any downloadable games using any account on the console.

wvan13

Pre ordered Monday from Amazon,but it's not arriving until next Tuesday. That has never happened. I thought I would have it on release date.

Message them and complain. Hard. They fucked me over a few times in the past, it's why I quit preordering games from Amazon.

WTF? I just learned that the Salmon Run mode will be scheduled events.
what.png

Man, that's really disappointing.

pokéfan

My copy arrived earlier in the morning while I was at work, simply games dispatched it last night.

Will have a crack at it later.

Coffinhal

I wish I was able to test it like ARMS. I wasn't here during the beta or the recent online demo (working)... I'm probably going to buy it though.

LeFAIS

Just a quick question, do I need any knowledge regarding the single player as I haven't played Splatoon 1?

Or is there a short vid that I can watch?

takoyaki

Playing Splatoon as a mobile game is great! I didn’t think it would be my preferred way of playing the game but the quick rounds make it a joy to play this way.

Quick amiibo question (sorry if it's been asked before): I registered the two older Squid Sister amiibo but didn’t get any items, just a letter each saying that Callie/Marie was busy right now and would get back to me later. Pretty funny, but does this mean there’s no other content to unlock or just that it will be added later via a patch? Thanks!

backlot

Just a quick question, do I need any knowledge regarding the single player as I haven't played Splatoon 1?

Or is there a short vid that I can watch?

There isn't really much of a story to Splatoon 1's single player. You could honestly probably just watch a play through of the final boss and get everything you need to know.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I wouldn't search anything that includes Splatoon and final boss right now as you might hit spoilers from Splatoon 2.

enewtabie

Message them and complain. Hard. They fucked me over a few times in the past, it's why I quit preordering games from Amazon.

Told me due to High Orders, deliveries were being delayed. They bumped it up to one day shipping so I guess we'll see

AdanVC

Literally crying cuz who knows when I would be able to play this since I don't even have a Switch yet :'( Splatoon was my FAVORITE Wii U game :'(((((((( Have fun, everyone!

derFeef

Not too fond of the controls in Splatoon 2... vertical aiming is so weird and motion controls should be just like zelda and not overwrite vertical. Weiiiird.
edit: wrong thread and already posted, but true and needs to be said :p

I hate how motion only works on one axis. It would feel great using it for quick adjustments on the fly.

I also felt the joycon sticks didn't feel great making adjustments, so I'll be experimenting with the sensitivity settings for sure.

Motion works on both axes. Not sure why people seem to say it doesn't, unless I'm seriously misunderstanding something.

Irminsul

In contrast to the Testfire, I got a hang of the controls much better this time. Or maybe it's just that I thought I was a roller type in the Testfire, but I'm really not. Also, I just love to wreak havok with the jet pack. Can't wait to have more people to play against.

igor

Does anyone know if the European bundle comes with game on card or a game code?

Gamestop in Dublin once tells me it's blue & red joycon and then that it's neon yellow so I don't think they could help me with Splatoon.

Either way I'm excited to play it tomorrow!

derFeef

Motion works on both axes. Not sure why people seem to say it doesn't, unless I'm seriously misunderstanding something.

With motion controls the stick works only horizontal anymore but not vertical. If the stick would work both axis, then motion controls would make more sense and could be used as a dine tuning tool. Like in Zelda with the bow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom