• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

eltercero

It'll go live in hopefully in 15 minutes.

12am in your region. The likes of France, South Africa etc is live in 13 minutes, UK is 1hr13minutes. But I see zero reason buying from the UK if you're in the UK, as you're paying more with zero gain.

Regardless of what region you're in, it might be worth having a look at other regions and seeing how the exchange rate stacks up, your currency will be stronger than another countries so buy from that store.

I hope in 15 mins

Thanks! Getting ready then

Dartastic

Does anyone know if you can disable the motion controls in a specific axis? Namely, if I just wanna use motion for up and down and not left and right, is that possible?

Solobbos

Downloading with my 350M connection wired, still have 30 minutes to go with 52% downloaded. :/ Gotta go to sleep soon, wake up is happening in 4h30min.

You look at a couple splatoon 2 vids on YouTube and suddenly your recommended several videos that has the final boss in the thumbnail despite your best efforts to avoid it

same with me.
really annoying when you get spoilers like that from youtube. Not the first time either

pariah164

EYRpuaz.gif

Have fun, EUGAF. Will join in... 6 hours.

OCD Guy

And bought on the SA store, I have so many games on this store ��.

I think a lot of people have done that today lol

So glad I came across it, and love that my bank card works with zero issues. Hate having to buy eshop credit.

Although all you guys are slowing down my download lol

Alright, in the US and bought from the Australian eShop and it's available to download now. My Splatfest schedule is going to be screwed but that's alright, no big deal.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't realise this was out today?! Downloading now.

OCD Guy

Download started! See you all in Inkopolis Square in... 2 hours and 21 minutes.

I need to get better internet.

And here I was complaining about 28 minutes.

What internet speed do you have?

Pre-loading is worth it's weight in gold for people like you. Shocked they don't have that yet.

forrest

formerly nacire
Being in NA, are there any caveats to ordering digitally through other regions?

Will the games show up on my normal account even though I access a different store to purchase?

Also I have eshop credit on my NA account ready to go, I'm assuming that wouldn't work if I tried to purchase on another store?

OCD Guy

Will the games show up on my normal account even though I access a different store to purchase?

Also I have eshop credit on my NA account ready to go, I'm assuming that wouldn't work if I tried to purchase on another store?

Yes you can play games with any account. If you use one account and change region, and then change back it still shows as purchased.

So e.g you switch from US to AUS buy the game, and then switch back to US it shows as purchased on the US store.

You can also re-download while set to US. I've tried this myself, i.e changed from UK to South Africa, bought game, changed back to UK and re-downloaded.

If you create an additional account, it can be played with any account on the console

And no you can't transfer credit, infact you need to have a zero balance in order to change regions.

Your choice at this stage is to create another account and buy from there, or just wait if you want to use your current balance to buy the game.

I don't think you can go to another store with the same account if you have credit on it now. You'll have to make a separate account.

And yes, it should show up on your normal account without issue.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
If you change the region of the account to one with a different currency you might lose the current balance, so better create a new account.

OCD Guy

The best way in all honesty is to just use a bank/credit card to make the purcahse for the exact amount if you want to switch regions.

Alternatively if you're a fan of eshop credit, then create accounts for each respective store you're going to use, then that way you can have eshop balances in each of them.

I just personally like having all my purchases tied to one account, but ultimately it makes no difference as you can play any purchase with any account on the same console.

Zafir

The best way in all honesty is to just use a bank/credit card to make the purcahse for the exact amount if you want to switch regions.

Alternatively if you're a fan of eshop credit, then create accounts for each respective store you're going to use, then that way you can have eshop balances in each of them.

I just personally like having all my purchases tied to one account, but ultimately it makes no difference as you can play any purchase with any account on the same console.

Depending on your region you may have to use eshop credit.

I for example can't buy from any American eshop (North or South) or the Japanese eshop with my card. Doesn't even try to charge, I think it must check the region of the card and say no because it's a UK one not American or Japanese.

Have you considered the South African store?

Will be live at 11pm UK time, and also works out at 38 quid. It's also EU region so no different to the UK version.

Other advantage is all you need to do is go to mynintendo.com change your region and you can use your uk debit/credit card, make your purchase and then change your region back to UK. No messing about with creating additional accounts and having all your purchases spread across different accounts.

I've bought all my games this way. It's actually cheaper than buying physical.

It's showing as 669 Rand, and 3.3Gb on the South African eShop.

Oh my god you are the best. I've been making alt accounts every time, I had no idea you could swap and pay with your normal details. Thank you so much for this.

forrest

formerly nacire
Yes you can play games with any account. If you use one account and change region, and then change back it still shows as purchased.

So e.g you switch from US to AUS buy the game, and then switch back to US it shows as purchased on the US store.

You can also re-download while set to US. I've tried this myself, i.e changed from UK to South Africa, bought game, changed back to UK and re-downloaded.

If you create an additional account, it can be played with any account on the console

And no you can't transfer credit, infact you need to have a zero balance in order to change regions.

Your choice at this stage is to create another account and buy from there, or just wait if you want to use your current balance to buy the game.

I don't think you can go to another store with the same account if you have credit on it now. You'll have to make a separate account.

And yes, it should show up on your normal account without issue.

Thanks for the info. I loaded up $100 in eshop credit earlier in the week in anticipation of this along with Mario + Rabbids coming soon. I guess I'll just wait until tonight then. Do you all know if it's EST or PST for the eshop update in NA?

Jintor

Yo handheld mode with motion really sucks on public transport and I don't like it at all without motion controls

Thanks for the info. I loaded up $100 in eshop credit earlier in the week in anticipation of this along with Mario + Rabbids coming soon. I guess I'll just wait until tonight then. Do you all know if it's EST or PST for the eshop update in NA?

Always midnight EST

Why oh why does it want us to post our miiverse art to Facebook? I just want to post an in-game picture damn it.

Social media is where it's pulling the art from since there's no Miiverse anymore.

OCD Guy

Oh my god you are the best. I've been making alt accounts every time, I had no idea you could swap and pay with your normal details. Thank you so much for this.

No worries, just bare the below in mind.

If you buy eshop credit, then changing region will not be possible as easy as it was. Basically before you could switch back and just forfeit your remaining balance, you can no longer do that.

If you're in the Uk and planning on buying from the SA store then there are no issues, just use a UK payment card.

Depending on your region you may have to use eshop credit.

I for example can't buy from any American eshop (North or South) or the Japanese eshop with my card. Doesn't even try to charge, I think it must check the region of the card and say no because it's a UK one not American or Japanese.

Yes you're absolutely correct. I for example can't use my bank card on the US eshop, it asks me for a Zip code and recognises my payment card is not in the US. It's weird because the 3ds allowed you to make purchases still.

There seems to be mixed verdicts on which cards work where. Some guys in the US can use their card in Mexico for example.

UK cards defintely work on the South Africa store for example, and it's actually cheaper than buying from the US store as the pound is much stronger than the Rand.

RRockman

Banned
Yo handheld mode with motion really sucks on public transport and I don't like it at all without motion controls

Well... yeah. Motion controls in a moving vehicle is typically a no-no. This is one switch game that is better docked.

I'm about to flip ALL of the tables cause amazon hasn't shipped my order yet.

Jazzem

Got to world 4 on the single player, I'm so impressed with it!

It's just like the first one in its Mario Galaxy esque pacing and level layout, but that analogy extends to this being the Galaxy 2 of Splatoon; it's similar to the first one, but somehow even more wildly varied and polished. The level design is absolutely stupendous, difficulty balanced just right and surprisingly the bosses some of the best in recent memory.

No worries, just bare the below in mind.

Yes you're absolutely correct. I for example can't use my bank card on the US eshop, it asks me for a Zip code and recognises I'm not in the US. It's weird because the 3ds allowed you to make purchases still.

There seems to be mixed verdicts on which cards work where.

UK cards defintely work on the South Africa store for example, and it's actually cheaper than buying from the US store as the pound is much stronger than the Rand.

What do you enter for the zip code? I'm in the Caribbean and I just use a Miami zip code.

Similar thing with buying eShop codes on Amazon US. Just enter a US address.

So it's 11:27pm here in the UK. Isn't this supposed to be out now?

Shouldn't it be midnight?

OCD Guy

What do you enter for the zip code? I'm in the Caribbean and I just use a Miami zip code.

Similar thing with buying eShop codes on Amazon US. Just enter a US address.

It doesn't actually ask for the zip code on the South Africa store (unlike the US store etc). Simply the card number, expiry date and security code.

I tried entering random zip codes, but nothing worked at all. I tried my borderlinx address that I use for US amazon but it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom