• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sane_Man

I don't know why I expected anything else from Nintendo but online connection is fucking awful. I've just tried playing 6 games and in each one I got 'connection unstable' with a minute left and then disconnected. So fed up with this bullshit, Nintendo.

And now I've been temporarily banned. Fuck you Nintendo.

It doesn't actually ask for the zip code on the South Africa store (unlike the US store etc). Simply the card number, expiry date and security code.

I meant the US store.

EDIT: OK, well that's weird.

I don't know why I expected anything else from Nintendo but online connection is fucking awful. I've just tried playing 6 games and in each one I got 'connection unstable' with a minute left and then disconnected. So fed up with this bullshit, Nintendo.

Sounds more like it's a problem with your connection? Have you tried other online games with the Switch?

OCD Guy

I meant the US store.

EDIT: OK, well that's weird.

Weird that it works for you.

What zip code do you use, if it's a random one are you able to tell me?

I appreciate if it's a personal one etc that you can't tell me obviously.

I'd like to try at some point as certain games on the South Africa store are surprisingly expensive, lego city undercover comes to mind!

Zafir

Yes you're absolutely correct. I for example can't use my bank card on the US eshop, it asks me for a Zip code and recognises my payment card is not in the US. It's weird because the 3ds allowed you to make purchases still.

There seems to be mixed verdicts on which cards work where. Some guys in the US can use their card in Mexico for example.

UK cards defintely work on the South Africa store for example, and it's actually cheaper than buying from the US store as the pound is much stronger than the Rand.

I honestly think it's regional.

I imagine Mexico is covered by Nintendo of America, so I imagine that's why NA cards work.

South Africa usually comes under PAL/Nintendo of Europe, so the fact that UK cards work would fall in line with the theory.

RedFyn

Hey all, quote this post for the Friend Code list. I think Daboss will add it to the OP later.

Please don't share the link with anyone outside of GAF or we'll have to make it private
Lots of people posting their codes so I'll quote this again

Sane_Man

Sounds more like it's a problem with your connection? Have you tried other online games with the Switch?

I play online games constantly on PS4 and PC and I never have problems like these. I have NAT type 2 on my switch yet have constant problems with Splatoon. It was the same with the betas. Mario Kart was fine after the first day.

Weird that it works for you.

What zip code do you use, if it's a random one are you able to tell me?

I appreciate if it's a personal one etc that you can't tell me obviously.

I'd like to try at some point as certain games on the South Africa store are surprisingly expensive, lego city undercover comes to mind!

OCD Guy

I honestly think it's regional.

I imagine Mexico is covered by Nintendo of America, so I imagine that's why NA cards work.

South Africa usually comes under PAL/Nintendo of Europe, so the fact that UK cards work would fall in line with the theory.

Yeah I think you're onto something there. Nintendo for some reason must just block out of region purchases. It's weird because there were no issues doing that on the 3ds.

Initially I was pissed as I couldn't buy from the US store, which is normally cheaper, but happy enough buying from the SA store as it works out even cheaper than buying from the US.

Thanks for that I'll try, although do you know where the Caribbean falls under in terms of region under Nintendo? It might be as above as to why you're able to make purchases from the US store.

forrest

formerly nacire
I don't think you can go to another store with the same account if you have credit on it now. You'll have to make a separate account.

And yes, it should show up on your normal account without issue.

Good to know! I'm in Seattle so that makes the wait easier! :D

All ready to play online with voice chat!

acEABNm.jpg

Zafir

Yeah I think you're onto something there. Nintendo for some reason must just block out of region purchases. It's weird because there were no issues doing that on the 3ds.

Initially I was pissed as I couldn't buy from the US store, which is normally cheaper, but happy enough buying from the SA store as it works out even cheaper than buying from the US.
Yeah I'll have to look into the South African store myself.

I have a US and JP account on my Switch as well as my normal UK one just in case I do want to buy something from either of those stores, but it would be nice to have most of my games on one account and not have to mess around with eshop credit.

Clauss

Definitely gonna do a quick amiibo hunt on my way home. Any retailers that are notorious for having heavy stock/low traffic?

OCD Guy

Yeah I'll have to look into the South African store myself.

I have a US and JP account on my Switch as well as my normal UK one just in case I do want to buy something from either of those stores, but it would be nice to have most of my games on one account and not have to mess around with eshop credit.

In that case it's definitely worth checking it out. The only minor inconvenience is having to log into mynintendo to change your region, but that takes literally 30 seconds.

There really is zero reason to use the UK store to make digital purchases.

On topic slightly, just doing the training level and it's really annoying that I can use the right stick to move up and down, would make such a big difference being able to use the right stick to move the camera as normal and having motion to fine tune the aim like breath of the wild.

Smithy C

And here I was complaining about 28 minutes.

What internet speed do you have?

Pre-loading is worth it's weight in gold for people like you. Shocked they don't have that yet.

2.2 Mbps at the moment. TalkTalk are absolutely terrible, but the cheapest, so you get what you pay for. Tends to hold up alright for actually playing games online though.

Jims

So jealous of everyone already able to jump in. Will have to settle for one last Splatoon 1 session tonight instead, and say bye to the old game.

Added myself to the GAF spreadsheet, will run through adding more of you guys a little later. I like to play random Turfs in the evening after work, so feel free to hop into my games if you see me online. :)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I was getting slaughtered last night, just getting matched with all the japanese murderers who just either dominate or carried me to domination, finishing last every match...

And then i switch to the aerospray and motion controls.

Ok motion controls gaf, i think i finally understand why.

I was getting slaughtered last night, just getting matched with all the japanese murderers who just either dominate or carried me to domination, finishing last every match...

And then i switch to the aerospray and motion controls.

Ok motion controls gaf, i think i finally understand why.

It's true! Motion controls are the light.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's true! Motion controls are the light.

Not to say that i suddenly became on par to those jp killers but at least I'm able to win some firefights now and then instead of just dying all the time lol.

Met this absolutely insane roller that i felt was just going after me. T_T

I feel like map awareness and knowing how to move through the map is the most important skill in this game.

Not to say that i suddenly became on par to those jp killers but hidan at least I'm able to win some firefights now and then instead of just dying all the time lol.

Met this absolutely insane roller that i felt was just going after me. T_T

I feel like map awareness and knowing how to move through the map is the most important skill in this game.

I do not envy you your play base.

I quickly learned that lesson during the Splatfest. Gotta make sure you have an escape route!

timshundo

I dont know why but ive been planning on removing my microsd card before i download this game in order to put it directly on the system's memory in order to... i dont know... make it load 1s faster than if it were on the sd card lol

ChrisD

You look at a couple splatoon 2 vids on YouTube and suddenly your recommended several videos that has the final boss in the thumbnail despite your best efforts to avoid it

I'm so afraid of this happening. ;-;

Maybe I should just go ahead and do the full SP on Day One. Darn thumbnails are impossible to avoid.

Subaru

So, if I buy the South African version I will be able to play with those who have the japanese or americans versions?

Because I live in South America, and I want so badly to buy it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom