• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT2| From Smallfry to FlyFish in 5 Easy Steps!

stack

Neo Member
Daaaamn! Just had a match on The Reef winning by 2 points! 1017 vs 1015!

Had a couple of those.
DHnitViUMAAxJVb.jpg

DHnimK3V0AA7Bri.jpg

Nice feeling when you win like that.
Not so nice when you loose like that. Good thing the controller is pretty solid and survived.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck yeah Ink Saver Main chunks as Salmon run bonus

Biske

For a company so well known for having a "walled garden" approach it sure feels weird that the Splatoon 2 plaza feels like it's barely moderated if at all. I feel like the Wii U miiverse was way, way more moderated than this is. I definitely don't remember so much furry or lgbt stuff in Splatoon 1.

Not that I mind at all, as long as it's not hurtful. Its just really, really weird to see this stuff in an official Nintendo product.

Don't all the posts essentially come in through social media now? As you have to post on facebook or twitter.

Seems like a horrible route to go.

Doorman

Don't all the posts essentially come in through social media now? As you have to post on facebook or twitter.

Yep, everything that shows up in the plaza is posted via people's twitters. Mostly because Miiverse isn't a thing on Switch but they needed somewhere to host the images being used. I'm not sure how much it does or doesn't absolve Nintendo from moderating the space, though.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
When is the next Salmon Run? Or is it going on today?

Just wondering if it'll be up when I get home later today.

Biske

Yep, everything that shows up in the plaza is posted via people's twitters. Mostly because Miiverse isn't a thing on Switch but they needed somewhere to host the images being used. I'm not sure how much it does or doesn't absolve Nintendo from moderating the space, though.

I figure anything that is a step removed makes them more lackluster in moderating, if there is no miiverse there isn't a miiverse moderation team and I'd assume its left to whatever resources each game that uses such a feature has.

I'm glad that they found a way to get it in the game, but it's still pretty limited.

I miss seeing what random people I played with drew/said instead of everyone seeing the same general posts for their region. Haven't seen many Japanese drawings/posts and that sucks.

Biske

I'm glad that they found a way to get it in the game, but it's still pretty limited.

I miss seeing what random people I played with drew/said instead of everyone seeing the same general posts for their region. Haven't seen many Japanese drawings/posts and that sucks.

Sometimes I think of making a post, but then I remember I have to go through the facebook bullshit and I nope out.

stack

Neo Member
Speaking of poor dudes, game just decided that it's okay for me to do solo salmon run. I didn't get a single egg.

What the fuck.

The ๖ۜBronx;246485334 said:
Wait, did I miss something? Salmon Run is on for ages - 30 hours! I thought they bumped it to 24 hours and that was it?
They've been experimenting with one 30 hour session a week.

stack

Neo Member
Wow, Salmon Run is so SO fun when you get a nice team, really great time.

Stupid question: how do you add people from random games to your friend list?

watershed

Banned
I just had my first ever communication error ruin a game. We had just won tower control and "GAME" actually popped up, then everything froze. Bummer.

Koren

Not so nice when you loose like that. Good thing the controller is pretty solid and survived.

The worst I've seen is the opponent team reaching 1 in splat zones (and the secondary counter setting to something like 75), then reaching 1 with the secondary counter, then loosing the match.

So they were twice half a second away from victory...

tsundoku

Had a couple of those.
DHnitViUMAAxJVb.jpg

DHnimK3V0AA7Bri.jpg

Daaaamn! Just had a match on The Reef winning by 2 points! 1017 vs 1015!

If you win or lose by less than 5 points you won or lost by the tie-breaking mechanic (obviously not for ranked, I only know how tie breaks work in turf war)

69wpm

God, how do people get to S+ and still suck so much. I just had to deal with a Rapid Blaster while ours died all the time and of course my Clash Blaster was completely outranged. Why don't people with long range weapons deal with their kind?

stack

Neo Member
The worst I've seen is the opponent team reaching 1 in splat zones (and the secondary counter setting to something like 75), then reaching 1 with the secondary counter, then loosing the match.

So they were twice half a second away from victory...

I think I would either cry or laugh like a mad man.
Probably both.

Koren

I think I would either cry or laugh like a mad man.
Probably both.
Well, I sometimes feel bad for the other team, but especially this one (even more so because the second save was mine, using jetpack bazooka to repaint things quickly)

JonnyKong

I think I'm just going to give up trying to get my desired abilities for my pieces of gear.

I've bought a swim speed up ticket off Crusty Sean and did I get any swim speed abilities over my next 6 unlocked slots? Did I fuck.

I've scrubbed loads of clothes and still don't have enough chunks to buy one(!) ability after 55 hours of play.

Because I missed the splatfest as I was away on holiday, I have no sea snails to do any rolling.

I just, I GIVE UP I HATE YOU STUPID GAME

(I love you really please don't leave me)

Ok this pro controller, completely changes this game for me, the hype is real. Eliminates the need for motion controls, due to the precision available with the pro controller. And I use it it big picture mode with Steam, great value, glad I took the plunge

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
The ๖ۜBronx;246495824 said:
It's 7pm today (UTC+1) and then closes at 1am the day after tomorrow (21st). It's 10:40pm now for reference, so SR is currently live for another 1day 2hrs and 20m.

Dunno if anybody answered but it's ongoing for the next 30 hrs or so.

Thanks for the quick reply folks, I know what I'll be doing after work tonight!

Lkr

Ok this pro controller, completely changes this game for me, the hype is real. Eliminates the need for motion controls, due to the precision available with the pro controller. And I use it it big picture mode with Steam, great value, glad I took the plunge

so the pro controller makes things better? i've been playing with the joycon grip the past week and been doing fine but my hands feel cramped after playing for too long. was thinking about picking up a pro controller (and i was already at the mall today and i'm thinking of going back just to get it right now...sigh). my biggest complaint about using the grip so far is battery life and being able to just plug in the pro controller to charge all the time would be easier. if only i could use an xbone or wii u pro controller with the system

question: am i stuck with a sub? i love the dualie squelchers but the point sensors aren't the most useful sub in the world for most game modes i feel. is there anyway to change this or do i just have to learn to love a main with a different sub?

so the pro controller makes things better? i've been playing with the joycon grip the past week and been doing fine but my hands feel cramped after playing for too long. was thinking about picking up a pro controller (and i was already at the mall today and i'm thinking of going back just to get it right now...sigh). my biggest complaint about using the grip so far is battery life and being able to just plug in the pro controller to charge all the time would be easier. if only i could use an xbone or wii u pro controller with the system

question: am i stuck with a sub? i love the dualie squelchers but the point sensors aren't the most useful sub in the world for most game modes i feel. is there anyway to change this or do i just have to learn to love a main with a different sub?

can't change sub or special.

Jintor

there will be similar gear with different sub/special combos later up the level tree or introduced later in time.

Luckilly haven’t experienced many people DCing in Salmon Run, but had one earlier where a player dropped. We all died with about 5 seconds left in the final round, but it didn’t fail us just let the time run out with us all down but since we had gotten enough golden eggs we passed the wave. Pretty good that they do that if someone drops, was about to be a bit salty if we failed right there.

clearestblue

Neo Member
Damn, I've had this game for almost a month now and I've never had any issues with being dropped but it's happened to me 3 times in a row today and now they're threatening to suspend me from playing for a bit. Ugh.

watershed

Banned
So...is anyone else's Square getting filled with offensive posts? I've encountered one anti-gay post today and one anti-trans one. That report feature is getting a workout.

clearestblue

Neo Member
So...is anyone else's Square getting filled with offensive posts? I've encountered one anti-gay post today and one anti-trans one. That report feature is getting a workout.

I just checked my square and found 2 anti-trans ones and reported them both. I don't understand what is happening.

jRPG

DHnv7lwUwAACXBb.jpg:large

Poor dude D:

How did he get a special off without inking any turf? Perhaps that's a stupid question. I see loads of people get their specials so much earlier than I do. I know different weapons have different requirements, but sometimes I'm not even halfway.

Someone dc'd during one of my games and still came third. I'm guessing the ranking in ranked isn't based on kills or turf.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
How did he get a special off without inking any turf? Perhaps that's a stupid question. I see loads of people get their specials so much earlier than I do. I know different weapons have different requirements, but sometimes I'm not even halfway.

Someone dc'd during one of my games and still came third. I'm guessing the ranking in ranked isn't based on kills or turf.

He did ink turf. It always shows players who DCed at 0 points at the end (or 1000 if they were on the winning team), no matter how much turf they inked before they DCed.

Ogodei

Was in a weird blowout match in Rainmaker - The Reef. We make the first burst of the shield, my teammate grabs it while i get splatted. Teammate drives *straight* to the goal, one shot. By the time i respawn and click to superjump, the game's over.

Weird part? My entire team had zero splats and each enemy got one, but never managed to touch the guy who grabbed the rainmaker.

I quit after that (which was two wins in a row putting me over the OK line), figured anything more was pushing my luck.

-Mikey-

Haven't logged on in two weeks and the plaza has a number of hateful anti-trans and pro Trump slogans. What the hell is going on here?

Top Bottom